Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2150
Like Tree5887Likes

Thread: Weekly Album Sales, Storyteller Era

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    May 8 - TF sold 24K, total of 493K

re Brad's sales O_o
    second week sold 10 K, total 35 K

album sales over all have just tanked
    glenn7 and DaisyTweets like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's a sad state for the music industry, that is for sure. Of course, there are several artists (Brad was one of them) that I used to buy every single album they released (Keith, Lady A, and a few others), but I stopped doing that a few years ago. It's just so much cheaper to subscribe to a streaming service, although I don't do that either, other than the music that is available with an Amazon Prime membership.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan

May 15 - TF sold 21K, total of 514K

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I'm guessing since they haven't had it certified yet they're going to bypass gold and jump right to platinum.
    Makes a bigger splash anyway.lol
    Kizmet311 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    May 15 - TF sold 21K, total of 514K
    Do we know where it's at with streams?
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Sales update for Week 78 for Storyteller, posted on Roughstock on April 24, 2017. I think it was overlooked because the title of the article is April 24, 2016, but the date posted is 2017. I don't know how to find the SPS number and I think this is the last week that she was shown on the Roughstock chart.

Top 10 Country Albums Chart: April 24, 2016 | RoughStock

Week 78 - 1,400 (752,100)
    Suellen, rainbow1 and lolita55 like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Sales of The Fighter (6/19/17):

Jun 19 - TF sold 26k, total is 624k
    Jun 12 - TF sold 26k, total is 599k
    Jun 5 - TF sold 18k, total is 573k
    May 31 - TF sold 19k, total is 555k
    May 23 - TF sold 22k, total is 536k
    May 15 - TF sold 21K, total is 514K

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't know where else to put this, but I was looking at Carrie's discography on Wikipedia and it says that Storyteller's US sales are at 1.7 million and WW sales are 2.4 million. I know these are not correct (I wish they were, but...). Doesn't someone here edit for her page? Was just wondering if someone could correct it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I don't know where else to put this, but I was looking at Carrie's discography on Wikipedia and it says that Storyteller's US sales are at 1.7 million and WW sales are 2.4 million. I know these are not correct (I wish they were, but...). Doesn't someone here edit for her page? Was just wondering if someone could correct it, thanks.
    Somebody also listed Dirty Laundry certified Gold, which doesn't yet appear on RIAA.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    My Wikipedia discography shows Storyteller sales at 752,100, and certified Platinum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie...od_discography
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    Somebody also listed Dirty Laundry certified Gold, which doesn't yet appear on RIAA.com
    DL is not yet certified, according to Carrie's Wikipedia discography. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie...od_discography

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    My Wikipedia discography shows Storyteller sales at 752,100, and certified Platinum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie...od_discography
    It got changed, which is good. It had an added 1 in front of the actual sales, and had Worldwide sales of 2.4 million. I don't even know how that got allowed, because I looked at the discography about two weeks ago and the same numbers were there. I just figured that it would change soon after, but evidently it took a while, lol.
    Last edited by adam1995; 06-29-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    txacar, lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TF sold 19K last week 644K total

sales all around are just brutal.The top 15 this week

cds are worse

check out the numbers for those new cds not in the top 15 - Top 10 Country Albums Sales Chart: June 26, 2017 | RoughStock
    glenn7, Suellen, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ugh, sales are so bad. Except for Sam Hunt, boy the young ones love him. I actually like Brett Young's song (although I couldn't have told you his name if it wasn't in the chart). I had never heard of Russell Dickerson and still wouldn't know who he was if I didn't watch the Bachelorette since he performed on there a couple weeks ago - I guess that has given him a boost. I am honestly surprised that Craving You hasn't sold more considering it's two of the most popular up and coming stars of country together. The Fighter sure does have legs with sales. It feels like it's been out FOREVER.

And yeah, the albums are even more depressing. I mean, look at that list! Storyteller has sold more than any album in that list except Traveller. I wonder how Chris's sophomore album is going to do in the end? I don't think it will reach the same numbers as Traveller, but I wonder if he will surpass Storyteller with it. I've been hearing Either Way (which I love and is easily my favorite off the album) on the radio a lot, but I'm not sure if it's because I live in KY and he's from here or if it's just doing that well on the radio.
    lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    One last thing since I just followed the link to look at the albums not in the Top 15 - boy FGL has really lost momentum. Dig Your Roots hasn't even hit half a million in sales! I also think God, Your Mama, and Me is a horrible song. I used to love BSB, but I think that song is just to cheesy.
    lolita55, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Ugh, sales are so bad. Except for Sam Hunt, boy the young ones love him. I actually like Brett Young's song (although I couldn't have told you his name if it wasn't in the chart). I had never heard of Russell Dickerson and still wouldn't know who he was if I didn't watch the Bachelorette since he performed on there a couple weeks ago - I guess that has given him a boost. I am honestly surprised that Craving You hasn't sold more considering it's two of the most popular up and coming stars of country together. The Fighter sure does have legs with sales. It feels like it's been out FOREVER.

And yeah, the albums are even more depressing. I mean, look at that list! Storyteller has sold more than any album in that list except Traveller. I wonder how Chris's sophomore album is going to do in the end? I don't think it will reach the same numbers as Traveller, but I wonder if he will surpass Storyteller with it. I've been hearing Either Way (which I love and is easily my favorite off the album) on the radio a lot, but I'm not sure if it's because I live in KY and he's from here or if it's just doing that well on the radio.
    Pretty sure it's because your in KY. Chris has a new single now after EW peaked in the mid 20's- Broken Halos.Adds date 7/17
    Kizmet311, lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ what a coincidence! Im hearing Broken Halos while reading your post. Lol
    lolita55 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Broken Halos is an incredible song. His album is superb. As for Sam Hunt-- I do like his lead single because it is catchy and ear candy on the radio....but the reason he is selling so much is possibly because the song is being played on pop radio. It crossed over. I hear it on Srius Hits 1 alot.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    [QUOTE=maddkat;4742666]TF sold 19K last week 644K total

Why ST numbers are no longer shown, i really doubt its not selling anymore even by just couple of hundreds?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Poe View Post

Why ST numbers are no longer shown, i really doubt its not selling anymore even by just couple of hundreds?
    I asked them that before.After top 15 they pick & choose what cds to show, usually newer ones.They just choose not to show ST's numbers most weeks.
    Marvin Poe, Kizmet311 and Suellen like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•