Mediabase Charts last updated 8/28/13 3:03 AM PT
See You Again
____________________________ Rank ______________ Spins __________ Aud.
7-Day Chart ______________ TW ___ LW ______ TW ___ LW _ Move ___ /mill
Country - Published _______ 2 ____ 2 ____ 6689 _ 6965 _ -276 __ 49.410
Country – All Stations ____ 2 ____ 2 ___ 10467 _10611 _ -144 __ 60.064
Canada Country - Pub ______ 4 ____ 2 _____ 826 __ 878 __ -50 ___ 2.638
Canada AC - Pub __________ 22 ___ 22 _____ 149 __ 143 ____ 6 ___ 0.826
Last edited by cary78663; 08-28-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Ok, its time to open a new thread for SYA. Please keep the discuss to SYA and its chart run. DO NOT bring all the off topic stuff in the TBC thread into this thread.
Soo Happy you started this new thread. Been waiting for this
Let the Good Times begin.
I hope this smashes. Blown Away can't overshadow another single. x)
I'm nervous and excited about SYA.
Nervous that it won't reach #1 because of so many seemingly 'hit' songs coming out recently. Luke, Hunter, Blake, Miranda, etc, etc, etc. Carrie is a slower climber than some of those...but also a MUCH slower crash and burner aka she doesn't.
Excited that it's not a dark song like the past 2 and could be refreshing to non-Carrie devouts.
YEAH! New thread means the new era has officially begun. Very excited!
I really like Scotty's new song too, and Hunter's. Gonna be an interesting era.
Taste of Country only gave 2,5 stars out of five in their review.
"Needless to say this isn’t the most country single Underwood has cut, but it could do easy listening radio stations. Lyrically, (they) penned a strong, if slightly featureless message. There are more powerful songs on ‘Blown Away,’ but those are riskier and more adventuresome. For everyone else, it’s a harmless four minutes that will hopefully lead to a stronger ballad (‘Forever Changed’) or rowdier country jam (‘Cupid’s Got a Shotgun’) as a future offering."
It wouldn't be my choice as a single, but I'm ok with her decision. I hope it does well on radio and sells at least a million copies.
I love the song and can hardly wait to see it getting some love on the radio!
Lol Taste of Country. They called GG a ballad, and when I called them "Taste of Stupid" for it (which I admit was a little mean/immature), they edited it. x)
Super psyched for this! I feel like this'll be one of the more interesting chart runs.
I am dying to hear it on the radio!!!
This song has good beats -- you can dance to this song. It will be # 1 !!!
Rihanna's We Found Love featuring Calvin Harris overshadowed three subsequent singles of hers: You Da One, Talk That Talk featuring Jay-Z, and Birthday Cake featuring Chris Brown. Even the fifth single, Where Have You Been, was affected and couldn't reach #1. This era has already been doomed by releasing the monster hit that is Blown Away and her career is most definitely already over if you ask me.
Now that you've realised the truth, you won't panic seeing See You Again only sitting at the top of several Country charts for three straight weeks without breaking any airplay records because Carrie, as we know her, is already a has-been.
1. Do you think Carrie's career is over because of the release of a monster hit (Blown away) ?? (this won her her first grammy since i told you so several years ago and was certified 2x platinum)
2. As it was previously mentioned that Blown away overshadowed TBC, in what way do you think that happen?
- that both BA and TBC were dark songs and lyrically similar so country radio stations prefered playing BA to TBC??
- that BA was still at a very high position in country recurrents chart (when TBC reached its peak) so in some way BA ''stole'' spins from TBC??
3. Should we (fans) worry that SYA has STILL not appeared on the country airplay chart (i know that its official date of release is on the 15th but...)??
Last edited by carrie admirer; 04-10-2013 at 01:21 AM.
1. Sure, obviously Carrie's career is over now that Blown Away is done. Sort of like WFL for Rihanna really - Never mind she's got another multi-week Hot 100 #1 single Diamonds just after a fortnight, and that Stay was just #1 on iTunes a few weeks ago being a piano ballad. She's also got her first number one album but surely Rihanna is completely over now already. Carrie will be over in the style of Rihanna.
2. Radio stations very often only play an artist for a limited of times even though there wasn't a rule for that. Not only because of the fear of overplaying an artist enough to alienate listeners, but it is also about artist/label politics. So the more Blown Away and other Carrie's previous songs were played, the less room for Two Black Cadillacs to grow. And certainly the similar sound did not help. But admittedly, I don't think TBC was as catchy, or epic/grand-sounding as BA. It's like how Lady GaGa's Judas flopped while Bad Romance smashed, or how Last Name, Cowboy Casanova, Undo It, and Good Girl all did not manage it hit it as big as Before He Cheats - There's a more superior product (which was still fairly recent), so why opt for the current one? And BA never managed to leave the minds of the general public - It won awards, got performed, got multi-format airplay while TBC was the current Country single.
3. You should not worry. Carrie is a radio-staple and activities in the lower-tiers of the charts are nothing to worry or brag about. If it's such an indicative measure, we should have seen ADELE's Rumour Has It or Ke$ha's Blah Blah Blah featuring 3OH!3 at #1 on Pop radio (The former peaked in the lower end of Top 10, while the latter failed to enter the Top 10.), or in the case of Country charts, to see Taylor Swift's I Knew You Were Trouble. or previously Today Was a Fairytale at #1 everywhere. There are a lot of reasons why songs get played to an insignificant level, and the only thing I can tell you is: Carrie is a major Country artist and See You Again is going to an official Country single of hers, following consecutively 16 number one and one number two singles, it is going to at the very least go Top 20 ever if it's absolutely noise, which it isn't. And Carrie has shown us time and time again it would be very difficult for her to not go at least Top 5. And she's never went lower than #2 anyway.
I know that this may sound stupid but i am a newcomer to this site...I would like to know:
1. Is it possible for me to start a thread called : ''Do you think about me or Wine after whiskey''
because these two songs are the only fan-favorite songs from the album that have not been released as singles yet (the fact that these two are fan-favorites has been proved by voting poll carried in this site before see you again was released...) and is it possible for me to also start a poll in the same thread (for these two singles) or is this only managed by Carrie's team??
2. If there is a way for me to do the previously mentioned PLEASE someone explain the steps to me...
If you would like to open a thread, a poll, for members of Carriefans.com's to vote for the next possible single between Do You Think About Me & Wine After Whiskey, you can go to the appropriate sub-forum, which the the Blown Away sub-forum under albums discussions: Blown Away
There, you can see the bottom Open New Thread on the top left corner. Should you wish to make your thread a poll instead of a pure opinion-generating discussion outlet, you could scroll down below the text-box to the section Additional Options, and look for the fourth option Post a Poll, check the box next to it, type in the number '2' (because you are only offering two options for members to choose from), type in all the other essentials (ie the title, the thread content, etc.), and click Submit New Thread on the bottom right corner and you are surely good to go.
Any member of Carriefans.com's is welcomed to open threads of that nature, but keep in mind Carrie's team will not choose to release or not release singles based on the opinions expressed within the thread(s) or the result(s) of the poll(s). They would be purely for fans discussions only, and should not be taken very seriously. It is entirely possible for Carrie's team to release singles coincidentally as a reflection of the result(s), or not, or release another song as a single which is not offered as a choice, or choose not to release a single altogether. Please also be aware that I am not a member of the administration of Carriefans.com so any information I have presented is unofficial and may not reflect the wishes of the site's creator(s) and/or administrator(s). Should you wish to seek further assistance, or confirmation, you are advised to contact a moderator of your choice, the moderator of the aforementioned sub-forum, or post your enquiry in this appropriate sub-forum: CarrieFans.com Help though I believe there isn't a need to do that, I'd just like to stress on the fact that I could be (terribly) wrong (about everything).
Thanks Hilary for helping. I remember you being wrong once but then I was actually wrong.
Well I'm sure I have my moments, but it never hurts to be cautious and adds tonnes of meaningless words to avoid responsibilities like any lawyer would advise me to do!