love Carrie. Love this album. Love where it's at. Don't see any point in fretting. We all want her to go platnium so that her streak remains intact.
I think it is safe to say that is absolutely going to happy by the end of the year.
Having never released an album that did not go platnium is A-OK with me.
1. ZAC BAND BROWN UNCAGED 234,289
2. FRANK OCEAN CHANNEL ORANGE 131,215
3. JUSTIN BIEBER BELIEVE 45,216 69,537 604,296
4. CHRIS BROWN FORTUNE 44,968 134,642 179,903
5. MAROON 5 OVEREXPOSED 44,371 67,520 334,529
6. LINKIN PARK LIVING THINGS 36,845 63,529 324,114
7. ONE DIRECTION UP ALL NIGHT 36,203 35,750 970,822
8. ADELE 21 35,384 40,979 9,568,425
9. KATY PERRY TEENAGE DREAM 33,952 80,221 2,388,187
10. KENNY CHESNEY WELCOME TO THE FISHBOWL 31,577 42,616 329,215
1. CARLY RAE JEPSEN CALL ME MAYBE 200,851 241,621 4,495,024
2. KATY PERRY WIDE AWAKE 190,801 196,621 1,361,531
3. FLO RIDA WHISTLE 178,301 156,313 782,838
4. P!NK BLOW ME (ONE LAST KISS) 156,269 43,964 200,233
5. ELLIE GOULDING LIGHTS 133,566 144,204 1,708,059
6. DAVID GUETTA FEAT. SIA TITANIUM 115,854 126,914 1,177,240
7. CHER LLOYD WANT U BACK 114,267 88,021 424,874
8. GOTYE FEAT. KIMBRA SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW 113,656 130,094 5,517,698
9. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN GOOD TIME 104,188 126,878 370,822
10. FUN. SOME NIGHTS 102,983 76,389 785,137
Biebers sales are holding up really well. He will pass carrie soon.
Kenny is also dropping at a lower dip rate then carrie.
I just wish her sales would pick up to 20k a week. The video is dragging out way too much.
I think some people are fretting too much. We're only on the second single. And the longer BA stalls the better sales will pick up as we get deeper into the third quarter, and closer to the fourth. And then the release of a third single in between both quarters will help a lot - especially with Christmas. I think Team Carrie knows exactly what they are doing.
Carrie has always released her albums during the 4th. quarter which appears to be the one that is bolstered by all the holiday festivities. I'm pretty sure that if BA had been released during this quarter it would be more than platinum right now. If you look at Kelly's sales (who released in the 4th.qurtr) it becomes clear that with out the holiday season her sales would be somewhere between 500-600 thousand give or take a few thousand and that's after almost 10 months of sales. I think Carrie is doing just fine and that's with only spurts of promotion followed by periods of quiet...Considering all this she's not just doing fine, she's doing Great (look at Miranda's sales and she released in the 4th. qurtr.) I don't think there are too many artists if any in country who have that luxury of being able to release in any quarter and still do very well sales wise and otherwise.
Conclusion: that 4th. quarter release makes a significant difference.
I found all Carrie's CDs but Blown Away at Frye yesterday.
This week, Carrie held up nicely with a 2% drop which is great-- if HDD was right.
I hate that HDD always over-estimates Carrie's sales lately, so I get used to that figure, and then bam, Soundscan numbers come in and they are always less (lately).
Week: Kenny Carrie
Week 1 193,000 267,000
Week 2 61,000 (-68%) 119,000 (-57%)
Week 3 43,000 (-32%) 54,000 (-55%)
Week 4 32,000 (-27%) 45,000 (-14%)
Tee, Carrie's second week dip rate I think was cushioned by holiday sales (Mother's Day). With the holiday sales out of the picture on week 3, it made the dip rate looked steeper than it normally would be, but BA had a nice low dip rate at week 4, compared to Kenny's 4th week fall.
The figures are strictly accurate down to the last digit, sorry. I just took a quick look at Pulse for the numbers lol.
good---- I was right on the one week though. Carrie dropped 54% and Kenny dropped only 32% in week 3. Carrie had the Mother's day cushion in week 2.
Week 4, Carrie is doing better. But week 3, Kenny did significantly better. Did he have his cd on sale that week or something?