Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 27 of 296 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree16040Likes

Thread: Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    Everyone's getting in on the act....
    I hear SWIFTY is coming out with a drinking song on her next CD called... THE MORE YOU DRINK THE BETTER I SOUND.... LOL

ha ha that is a good one! Kind of like Beer Goggles but for your ears.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Because of Tim's debut last week, his song made some countdowns this weekend, which gave it a bump today.
    This is what makes a great Chart Guru.... Taking a posters lame attempt at humor and turning it into a useful post to impart great info on a eagerly awaiting forum.... LOL

You inspired me to give my own semi-useful info.... Another factor has to be this BROTHERS OF THE SUN tour with KENNY THE GREAT And TIM THE TRUCK YECH MAN......I've been traveling this great Country of ours and every time I turn on the radio to hear BLOWN AWAY I'm bombarded with comments and promos about this tour.... Faith must be very very Jealous......

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    This is what makes a great Chart Guru.... Taking a posters lame attempt at humor and turning it into a useful post to impart great info on a eagerly awaiting forum.... LOL

You inspired me to give my own semi-useful info.... Another factor has to be this BROTHERS OF THE SUN tour with KENNY THE GREAT And TIM THE TRUCK YECH MAN......I've been traveling this great Country of ours and every time I turn on the radio to hear BLOWN AWAY I'm bombarded with comments and promos about this tour.... Faith must be very very Jealous......
    Totally off topic but you've been to 8 concerts! You even have Tee beat by one! I am so jealous )!

I am glad you are checking in to make us laugh and keep us positive during our newest chart run!
    12russ79 and rainbow1 like this.

BA is up 10 spots to #30 on Billboard

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Single Review: Lauren Alaina, “Eighteen Inches”

idk if it this been posted or not, and since carrie is a co-writer on it, i figured that i post it here. i am also going to post it in the Lauren Alaina wildflower album thread if it is posted over there already.

Concert Stars
    Glad to see BA off to a good start! This is gonna be huge!

Concert Stars
    Great review for Lauren and Carrie's song!!!!

Junior Carrie Follower keepplayingon2's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really hope Lauren the best for this single not just because Carrie co-wrote it but it's also just great song that needs recognition and it has to be at least to be a Top 5 hit and I want Lauren to have her big break. (Although if she really got her big break, I doubt she will be as big as Carrie... maybe close?) If Carrie can prove that someone from American Idol can be successful in Nashville, why can't she?(Ans also Scotty).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The acid test for Tim's tune starts this week, now that the asinine launch is over with; I'm an enormous fan of his, but that song is getting on my nerves. Thank goodness for mute buttons and push buttons.

OTOH, 'Blown Away' is doing very well, with several more format heavyweights climbing on board today, and there'll undoubtedly be a few more tomorrow.

Obsessed Chart Watcher
    BA (+71 spins, +0.445 million AIs) moves up a spot to #31. BA may crack the top 30 tomorrow. But if it does, it won't stay there long. BA will almost certainly pass Jake Owen's TOTGA tomorrow. But Jason Aldean's new lead single went to radio yesterday and will pass BA soon, possibily even tomorrow. And it will take a while for BA to pass the next song above it, which is Lady A's WYM. WYM is currently 602 spins and 4.483 million AIs in front of BA.

On Canadian Country, BA (+20 spins, +0.053 million AIs) remains at #40.

"I feel like it's not about the accolades or the sales numbers or the, you know, awards or any of that. It's about helping people with their lives and making a difference that way."

-- Carrie Underwood (VH1 Behind The Music - Sept 2012)

Concert Stars
    Do we know when jason's album drops? Hoping after the grammy cutoff. That is all carrie needs is more competition.

Interesting that his album was nominated last year at grammys and already his new one is dropping.

Do these people ever take breaks? Carrie was right: they are on perma tours dropping albums every year and a half or so.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Do we know when jason's album drops? Hoping after the grammy cutoff. That is all carrie needs is more competition.

Interesting that his album was nominated last year at grammys and already his new one is dropping.

Do these people ever take breaks? Carrie was right: they are on perma tours dropping albums every year and a half or so.
    My theory is that these artists are out for the money not the music. Put out an album of same ol' same ol' and the fans will buy it. Keep touring to make more money quickly because the fans will show up.
    Mirasa45A and teesharky like this.

Some daily Mediabase chart movements (spins, AIs in millions):

Eli Young Band (-81, -0.558) has peaked and will not have a multi-week #1. It's a two horse race to #1 between Dierks (+47, +0.215) and Kenny (+34, +0.108). Toby's "Beers Ago" (-32, -0.235) has peaked and misses out being a top 5 song. Love and Theft's "Angel Eyes" (+67, +0.408) continues to move up with solid gains and should get to the top 5 as it will pass Brantley and Toby by end of this week.

Songs that are soaring:
    #18. Pontoon (+61, +0.946)
    #23. Truck Yeah (+141, +0.929)
    #31. Blown Away (+71, +0.445)

Songs that are/have peaked:
    #17. Something To Do With My Hands - Thomas Rhett
    #22. Home Sweet Home - The Farm
    #28. Shinin' On Me - Jerrod Niemann
    #34. Don't Miss Your Life - Phil Vassar

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

They're not as lucky as Carrie! If they go away for too long, people will forget them! xD
    Mirasa45A and teesharky like this.

"My kinda party" was released on november 2, 2010, and this album is going to be released (apparently) in october. That's 2 years between albums, it's not like he released MKP 6 months ago...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    YEah, My Kinda Party kind of did what SH did (obviously not to the degree). But it stayed on for so long the next album is coming out before it has completely lost its steam.
    That can be a little tricky.
    I think CR suffered slightly by that kind of confussion where peoples minds were still so saturated with SH they were not sure what was new and what had the "favorites" on it.
    My Kind of Party has been an amazing album for Jason. And if people like the new song they may go out looking for it and become confused by the fact that now they have to "choose" which one to get.
    Just a theory.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel like everything is fairly quiet for the beginning of an album era...fanwise I guess. Dunno!
    Maybe Carrie will do another round of promotion before she starts her tour. She has not been on Leno or Live With Kelly yet. Maybe she will appear on those shows to sing BA in a couple of weeks. I am ready for the BA video so hopefully that will help sales when its released.
    I know I have asked this question before but I wonder if Carrie is going to have a third act before Hunter on her tour. I am so ready for her tour to begin too even though it will be November before I see her.

Anyways looks like BA is doing great. I am really hoping this is going to be a hugh song for Carrie.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    My theory is that these artists are out for the money not the music. Put out an album of same ol' same ol' and the fans will buy it. Keep touring to make more money quickly because the fans will show up.
    I don't for a minute think that every artist that tours heavily and releases music on a fairly consistent basis is just in it for the money. The problem is that an artist on a major label must release music in accordance with the label's schedule. If an artist is highly successful right now, the label is going to really push to get that next album out there to capitalize on the success. Fame is a fickle thing, so labels want to get as much out of the momentum as they can.
    Sugarland tours a lot and has released their albums on a fairly regular schedule, yet they clearly love music side of things. They have made creative albums that certainly aren't the same ol' thing each time.

Just look at Carrie: she was super successful, winning lots of awards and releasing one #1 single after another. During the Play On era, things cooled off just a bit, and some focus went to a few other singers. That took at little pressure off Carrie to continue to release on the two year schedule. She was able to take a few extra months to make the album she actually wanted to make. Lady A are in the same position as Carrie was for her first few albums: super successful, winning awards, yet they don't get enough time to make a truly great album. Although, perhaps they will if WYM doesn't start moving up a little faster lol.

It's unfortunate that artists get stuck releasing material they aren't 100% in love with in order to keep up appearances. I truly believe that most in country music are in it for their love of the music, and they just end up stuck in the business side of things.
    abbeyjones18 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think in country music in particular you as an artist are definately run by the schedule of the label.
    I think most in country love the music. But most also "dance with the devil" and deliever product on time to sell to the mases in order to keep the machine running.
    These people are under contract in a way similar to Disney or MGM Studios in the old days.
    You make the films they tell you to make and show up and do your job. And if you don't bring in money for the studio you are out.
    Its a tough industry.
    And in there somewhere you have artists who are really good at what they do and manage to deliever artistic product consistantly and you have those who just push out "product" term after term and it does not amount to much.
    Carries voice and interpretive abilities have allowed her stay "artistic" even while shelling out music in a very formulated fashion for seven years.
    This time around she took more time to be "creative" and I absolutely love the outcome.
    Too bad more singers are not given that oprotunity.
    But the machine must be fed.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I don't for a minute think that every artist that tours heavily and releases music on a fairly consistent basis is just in it for the money. The problem is that an artist on a major label must release music in accordance with the label's schedule. If an artist is highly successful right now, the label is going to really push to get that next album out there to capitalize on the success. Fame is a fickle thing, so labels want to get as much out of the momentum as they can.
    Sugarland tours a lot and has released their albums on a fairly regular schedule, yet they clearly love music side of things. They have made creative albums that certainly aren't the same ol' thing each time.

Just look at Carrie: she was super successful, winning lots of awards and releasing one #1 single after another. During the Play On era, things cooled off just a bit, and some focus went to a few other singers. That took at little pressure off Carrie to continue to release on the two year schedule. She was able to take a few extra months to make the album she actually wanted to make. Lady A are in the same position as Carrie was for her first few albums: super successful, winning awards, yet they don't get enough time to make a truly great album. Although, perhaps they will if WYM doesn't start moving up a little faster lol.

It's unfortunate that artists get stuck releasing material they aren't 100% in love with in order to keep up appearances. I truly believe that most in country music are in it for their love of the music, and they just end up stuck in the business side of things.
    I agree that the business is a culprit in the game. I also think lady A and Sugarland are giving us same ol' same ol'. RF, Tim, Kenny, etc are doing the same. Need I mention SWSRN? I am in a bad mood I guess.
    teesharky and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

•