Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,836

    Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

    From the RIAA website:

    Artist Title Release Date Certification Date Label Type Award Description Format Category

    UNDERWOOD, CARRIE GOOD GIRL February 24, 2012 June 13, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Digital PLATINUM SINGLE SOLO

    UNDERWOOD, CARRIE BLOWN AWAY May 01, 2012 June 05, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Standard GOLD ALBUM SOLO

    UNDERWOOD, CARRIE MAMA'S SONG October 13, 2009 May 31, 2012 19 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLE Digital GOLD SINGLE SOLO

  • #2
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,013
    Thank you --"Mama's Song " ?
    rainbow1 and Pi314CA like this.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3,990
    Very busy week

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,186
    I'm happy Mama's Song is Gold. That song is very personal and important to Carrie and I'm very happy for her.
    Cps235, Pi314CA, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,538
    Concert Stars
    Me too, Ann. Her voice is so beautiful on Mama's song, i love it!
    liz278, Ann055, Pi314CA and 1 others like this.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Awesome! Great to see MS get a gold certification, and it's amazing that BA is already gold with GG already being platinum. Carrie is on fire this era...let's keep the certifications coming lol.

  • #7
    sco
    sco is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Awesome! Great to see MS get a gold certification, and it's amazing that BA is already gold with GG already being platinum. Carrie is on fire this era...let's keep the certifications coming lol.
    The gold certification is for the album not the single. I've never understood the Mamas Song hatred around here. It's one of my favorites so I'm really glad to see it go gold
    Gator and Ann055 like this.

  • #8
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,525
    Concert Stars
    Very happy Mamas Song hit gold. Now every carrie single hit gold or platinum except DFTRM. Is that one close to gold at least?

  • #9
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Very happy Mamas Song hit gold. Now every carrie single hit gold or platinum except DFTRM. Is that one close to gold at least?
    It was at 403k 8 months ago lol Only going to see that gold certification in 3 years.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    The gold certification is for the album not the single. I've never understood the Mamas Song hatred around here. It's one of my favorites so I'm really glad to see it go gold
    I know . I guess I should have made it a bit more clear in my post.

  • #11
    Insane Carrie Fan carriebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hottest city in the world (for me)
    Posts
    3,115
    awesome!

    That means all the singles Carrie has ever released have gone at least GOLD. (except for DFTRM)

  • #12
    Carrie Guru
    LouisaJessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    13,005
    Concert Stars

    Carrie Underwood, 'Good Girl' Single Is Certified Platinum

    Carrie Underwood, 'Good Girl' Single Is Certified Platinum - The Boot

    For the tenth time in her career, Carrie Underwood has earned platinum (million-selling) status with one of her singles. "Good Girl," the first release from her smash album, Blown Away, has been certified platinum by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for registering more than one million digital downloads. With the latest certification, Carrie has had 10 of her singles achieve platinum or multi-platinum status.

    In addition to the first single's success, when it was released last month, Blown Away scored country music's best-selling digital-album debut since 2010 and made history by bowing at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums sales chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at the top spot. With a No. 1 debut on the multi-genre Billboard 200 chart as well, Carrie is only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1.

    Last week, "Good Girl" was crowned Video of the Year at the CMT Music Awards, and Carrie and Brad Paisley earned a buckle for Collaborative Video of the Year (for "Remind Me"). Carrie is currently vying for Choice Female Country Artist at the 14th Annual Teen Choice Awards which airs Sunday, July 22 at 8:00 PM ET on FOX. Fans ages 13-19 can vote once each day per category for their favorite nominees.

    Next week, Carrie will head overseas for the UK launch of her Blown Away album and to perform a sold-out show at London's Royal Albert Hall on June 21. Then, it's off to Australia for five shows, including a sold-out performance at the iconic Sydney Opera House on July 2. Keep track of Carrie's tour schedule here.

  • #13
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,263
    I think DFTRM will pass the 500k mark in may/june/july 2013.

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    It was at 403k 8 months ago lol Only going to see that gold certification in 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eder Rodrigues View Post
    I think DFTRM will pass the 500k mark in may/june/july 2013.
    MS sold 58k in 8 months to get to Gold. If DFTRM sold at half the rate of MS, then it sold 29k in the last 8 months. To get to 500k, DFTRM needs 500-403-29=68k. Using the same rate of 29k/8 mo, it takes about 19 more months... so in Jan/Feb 2014.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    MS sold 58k in 8 months to get to Gold. If DFTRM sold at half the rate of MS, then it sold 29k in the last 8 months. To get to 500k, DFTRM needs 500-403-29=68k. Using the same rate of 29k/8 mo, it takes about 19 more months... so in Jan/Feb 2014.
    And that's only if DFTRM consistently sells that much for the next 2 years. I don't think Carrie has sung DFTRM live at all the past few years and I doubt she will anytime soon either, so DFTRM will probably sell less with each passing month and might not get Gold until mid 2014 or so. Or Carrie might get a lot of new fans from a hit single, performance, or her work overseas or something which would probably help sales of her older songs.
    clh_hilary likes this.

  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,836
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    And that's only if DFTRM consistently sells that much for the next 2 years. I don't think Carrie has sung DFTRM live at all the past few years and I doubt she will anytime soon either, so DFTRM will probably sell less with each passing month and might not get Gold until mid 2014 or so. Or Carrie might get a lot of new fans from a hit single, performance, or her work overseas or something which would probably help sales of her older songs.
    Agree. I made a bunch of assumptions. MS sold about 1600/week in the past 8 months. Perhaps even assuming DFTRM selling 800/week is too high. Don't know.

    It would be nice if an Idol contestant perform DFTRM or that it is covered on Glee or something. I've even thought about gifting this to Carrie fans and friends on a relatively large scale, especially ones that are going off to college this fall.
    Gator and opry051008 like this.

  • #17
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    455
    You guys never know, what if someone ends up singing it on idol, xfactor etc these next seasons then it'll sel around 3k for a few weeks lol!

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,525
    Concert Stars
    Yeah but DFTRM was 403k 8 months ago. So it should have sold 8000 more or so by now right? Lol

  • #19
    Junior Carrie Follower paulsjoliebebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Revere MA
    Posts
    103
    her album certs were updated last night before her Madison square Garden concert her total album certifications now stand at 19 million

  • #20
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,928
    Will they update her songs soon, or were they just done not too long ago?


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •