Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Week Ending May 20, 2012. Albums: Back-To-Back Idols (from Chart Watch)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Cannot believe that a gay guy that is just a speck compared to Carrie and her monster voice would out sell her with those numbers. Unless this is normal numbers for Carrie on weeks 2 and 3.
    First of all, I personally I don't like Adam's album even though I sorta feel obligated to support him because I'm gay myself, but this is his opening week versus Carrie's third week, so you're making absolutely no sense here. Nobody is ever going to sell 263k copies every week, not "Thriller", not "Come On Over", not "Jagged Little Pill", not "...Baby One More Time", not "The Immaculate Collection". So perhaps you should start becoming less ignorant about charts and sales, on top of being more respectful towards sexual minorities. Matter fact, music legends such as Sir Elton John, George Michael (From Wham! - Carrie actually covered his "Praying For Time" in Idol Gives Back and Wham! was the singer of "Last Christmas") and big stars such as Ricky Martin, a member of *Nsync are all gay. So yes, a gay person wrote and perform the song that became the biggest-selling single of all-time, globally ("Candle In The Wind 1997"), so I'm sure gays don't move units or whatsoever.

And by the way, Adam Lambert is the first openly gay artist to have an album going #1.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I'm disappointed to discover Carrie has fallen to #3 on the charts. I hope she will regain the top spot soon. Please purchase more physical copies of Blown Away, if you can. Carrie needs our support.
    She's doing more than fine...You're making it sounds like she's selling 187 copies this week...Just FYI "Play On" already dropped to #3 in its second week.

It is highly unlikely for Carrie to regain the top spot, but matter fact she is STILL at the top spot of the Country chart.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    First of all, I personally I don't like Adam's album even though I sorta feel obligated to support him because I'm gay myself, but this is his opening week versus Carrie's third week, so you're making absolutely no sense here. Nobody is ever going to sell 263k copies every week, not "Thriller", not "Come On Over", not "Jagged Little Pill", not "...Baby One More Time", not "The Immaculate Collection". So perhaps you should start becoming less ignorant about charts and sales, on top of being more respectful towards sexual minorities. Matter fact, music legends such as Sir Elton John, George Michael (From Wham! - Carrie actually covered his "Praying For Time" in Idol Gives Back and Wham! was the singer of "Last Christmas") and big stars such as Ricky Martin, a member of *Nsync are all gay. So yes, a gay person wrote and perform the song that became the biggest-selling single of all-time, globally ("Candle In The Wind 1997"), so I'm sure gays don't move units or whatsoever.

And by the way, Adam Lambert is the first openly gay artist to have an album going #1.
    I read once that one of Carrie's idols is George Michael; maybe one day Carrie and George will do a duet together.

Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    I read once that one of Carrie's idols is George Michael; maybe one day Carrie and George will do a duet together.
    Yea I believe so. But I doubt a duet would happen because George Michael didn't seem to be impressed (How dare him!) by Carrie's performance (He sang the same song on American Idol later that year) and he's almost like dying at the moment.

Concert Stars
    Why we don't have the like button anymore?

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    Why we don't have the like button anymore?
    Because James has turned some of the sites functions off in order to try to resolve the Malwa warnings that a lot of us are having.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/sho...67#post4316667 (Malwa warning)

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12