View Poll Results: Your fave Carrie album though the years since American Idol??

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some Hearts

2 25.00%
  • Carnival Ride

1 12.50%
  • Play On

1 12.50%
  • Blown Away

1 12.50%
  • Greatest Hits: Decade #1

0 0%
  • Storyteller

0 0%
  • Cry Pretty

1 12.50%
  • All of them

2 25.00%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Josh

Thread: Your fave Carrie album though the years??

New Carrie Fan

Your fave Carrie album though the years??

Some Hearts
    Carnival Ride
    Play On
    Blown Away
    Greatest Hits: Decade #1
    Storyteller
    Cry Pretty
    All of them

Blown Away.

That era was perfection! Since the lead single, the promo for the album, the reveal of the album cover, THE album cover!, all the right singles selection, the live performances, the music videos, the #1's, the sales, the new sound, even the trailers for the music videos were epic! Lol

She was at her peak in artistic creativity! One hell of a era.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Play On!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    CRY PRETTY!

No other Carrie album has moved me like this one has!

New Carrie Fan
    Blown Away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Blown Away.

That era was perfection! Since the lead single, the promo for the album, the reveal of the album cover, THE album cover!, all the right singles selection, the live performances, the music videos, the #1's, the sales, the new sound, even the trailers for the music videos were epic! Lol

I 100% agree! The Blown Away era was so eventful and marked a change of direction musically for Carrie, imo. There was always something to look forward to and it was a lot of fun!

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Blown Away.

Exactly my thoughts. It’s the era that can’t be beaten.

Storyteller & Blown Away
    I wouldn't say that Blown Away is underrated because many fans to this day will say it's her best album (and rightfully so), but I will say Storyteller is criminally underrated. IMO it's her most cohesive album to date. Every song on it fits together perfectly. It's a little disheartening to me that this era got the shaft because it was her last album with Sony. CCA deserved to be a single and we deserved better music videos. This is the only album of hers that I personally can say has no skips from me; a masterpiece.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Blown Away, hands down, for me.

Concert Stars
    I was thinking of this on the way to work this morning listening to her music on shuffle. I’m not sure I can choose one whole album because I like songs off each album. Personally I notice I skip less songs on Storyteller though. The only song I don’t care for on there is Clock Don’t Stop

Junior Carrie Follower
    For some reason, Some Hearts will always be my favorite. Maybe for sentimental reasons, but the singles were a perfect start for her. I never really thought of what would come in second place lol because I had mixed feelings about every album after Not that they weren't amazing.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower curlydaren's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My favorite carrie ablum over the years is Somehearts. I love the song dont forget to remember me.
    S

Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Talk about a difficult decision! I love all her albums in their own way. I'll go ahead and rank the 6(not counting GH) but uffda, its really gonna be slim margins between them all.

1. Carnival Ride - i feel like i have to put this album at 1 because its the only album that when i listen to it, i have no urge to skip any songs. all of her other albums have 1 or 2 songs that i will skip. But this one - I love the whole darn thing.
    2. Storyteller - Other than Heartbeat, i thought the singles were absolutely fantastic, and numerous other songs from this album that i feel easily could have been singles. (sad renegade runaway never got a chance)
    3. Cry Pretty - the way that it has played out so far, this is becoming her most underrated album, full of absolute gems. i sure hope this gets a nom at the CMA's this fall. It definitely deserves it.
    4. Blown Away - Its really right there with Storyteller and CP, this is so hard! These albums are all amazing!
    5. Some Hearts - The one that started it all, hard to believe its only my 5th favorite album from her, considering i love this one too!
    6. Play On - Again, i love this one too. Just maybe slightly less than the other 5. Aaaah! Its really awesome though when you can genuinely say you love every album an artist releases. Some of my other favorite artists i can't necessarily say that for. I think for this reason is among the reasons why Carrie is my favorite, overall she has never disappointed me with her albums!

New Carrie Fan
    I would say Blown Away first, with Cry Pretty a close second.

I enjoy cds from Some Hearts to Play On. There is music individually that I love on all her cds. I think Blown Away era took her music to such interesting turn. In my opinion her cds since then have been amazing. I really like her two songs on Greatest Decade Of Hits. It seemed BA was when she started to amp up darker themes and storytelling which I liked. She continued to take her music in different direction(darker, interesting diverse storytelling, sensual/sexual ect.. songs) and continued to sing about real life. Carrie has seemed to open up personally a lot between Storyteller and Cry Pretty with her music. This era she has opened up a lot in general. I honestly don't have one favorite. I basically go back to Blown Away Storyteller and Cry Pretty the most as cds.

•