Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Carrie can make new music and still have time with the family with no problem.Especially now that Mike is retired.She writes/records during the day and is home with the family at night.
    Where does this notion come from ,especially in 2017, that a woman must concentrate on family or her job like she can't possibly do both at the same time. Of course she can.Women have been doing that for years. I love Carrie but she's no special case.
    It's a matter of choice for Carrie. While she can do both, the time frame may or may not be slower. She has said in the past that her family comes first, and Mike said about retirement he wants to travel more with Carrie...or something along those lines.

I fully expect her to continue writing and recording, and would love new music for the CMA's! That would be a delightful surprise.
    ethelu, txacar, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    It's a matter of choice for Carrie. While she can do both, the time frame may or may not be slower. She has said in the past that her family comes first, and Mike said about retirement he wants to travel more with Carrie...or something along those lines.

I fully expect her to continue writing and recording, and would love new music for the CMA's! That would be a delightful surprise.
    never once said it wasn't
    teesharky likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I am just a little worried that we have nothing to look forward to in 2017 at all except the CMAS-- and we all know how that is going to go down. Carrie will be lucky to get 1 nom this year- Female Vocalist. She had a quiet year in 2017, and that will be held against her sadly despite the fact that she kicked butt on the tour in Fall 2017, which is half the CMA eligibility period.

Anyway- my point is that I am not sure what else we really have to look forward to this year? Is she really taking the entire rest of the year off besides the CMAS? Hope not but it is looking that way sadly.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am just a little worried that we have nothing to look forward to in 2017 at all except the CMAS-- and we all know how that is going to go down. Carrie will be lucky to get 1 nom this year- Female Vocalist. She had a quiet year in 2017, and that will be held against her sadly despite the fact that she kicked butt on the tour in Fall 2017, which is half the CMA eligibility period.

Anyway- my point is that I am not sure what else we really have to look forward to this year? Is she really taking the entire rest of the year off besides the CMAS? Hope not but it is looking that way sadly.
    I figured this would be the case, so I'm at peace with it, but I feel like at least the second half of 2018 will be explosive with stuff going on. We may start to see a few co writes by the end of this year, and they should hold us over for a few months and then a single between February and April.
    Carrieslegs84 and teesharky like this.

I hope the fact that she just began following McKenna and Rose on twitter might mean they are writing together again. I love LINLYA and would like to hear similar songs on the new album.
    rainbow1, ethelu, Gator and 9 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    You can have both. Its 2017 not 1950s.
    But you are putting her career over her family. Priorities, people. So what if she wants to have kids NOW rather than later, which, let's be honest, becomes harder when a woman ages. That's fact.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    But you are putting her career over her family. Priorities, people. So what if she wants to have kids NOW rather than later, which, let's be honest, becomes harder when a woman ages. That's fact.
    no she's not
    as she said Carrie can easily do both.Women do every single day.Again asking where is this antiquated motion of women must just choose one come from?
    Last edited by maddkat; 1 Week Ago at 02:34 PM.
    teesharky and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Carrie has said before that her family,before her career,always took first priority when deciding to do things like shows,writing and recording & other various commitments.Not that this matters,but my mom had my brother at 31 & back then that was considered late to have a kid at that age.Today,it's not considered as old because people are having kids at much later ages than they used to.But it is true to have kids as you get older because the body is not as quick to bounce back from pregnancy as it was when someone was younger.When people start putting their career over their family,it shows that they feel that their family really isn't important to them & that making money is & to me & the way that I was raised,is so backwards because you ALWAYS put your family first no matter how busy your job or your life gets,because once that family time is gone,you can never get it back no matter how hard you try.If we all knew how truly important that family life is to Carrie,then we would respect her decision on when if she decides to have kids first or record new music first.This is not something that we should be losing sleep over because I know I don't
    lose sleep over an issue like this.Sheesh🙄.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Carrie has said before that her family,before her career,always took first priority when deciding to do things like shows,writing and recording & other various commitments.Not that this matters,but my mom had my brother at 31 & back then that was considered late to have a kid at that age.Today,it's not considered as old because people are having kids at much later ages than they used to.But it is true to have kids as you get older because the body is not as quick to bounce back from pregnancy as it was when someone was younger.When people start putting their career over their family,it shows that they feel that their family really isn't important to them & that making money is & to me & the way that I was raised,is so backwards because you ALWAYS put your family first no matter how busy your job or your life gets,because once that family time is gone,you can never get it back no matter how hard you try.If we all knew how truly important that family life is to Carrie,then we would respect her decision on when if she decides to have kids first or record new music first.This is not something that we should be losing sleep over because I know I don't
    lose sleep over an issue like this.Sheesh.
    No one is losing sleep over what Carrie's doing.We're just talking about it.It's what we do here.

And she can easily put family first and still make new music. She does not have spend 24/7 with her family for them to be first in her life.
    txacar, liz278, teesharky and 4 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    lose sleep over an issue like this.Sheesh.
    One of the things you will learn about us is that this is a place where we talk a lot about Carrie. We all know that it is not our life. But we can say what we wish and complain about the single choices, but at the end of the day we know that Carrie will do what she wants. All of us are pretty passionate about her or else we wouldn't be here. Personally I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions. Most of the time we get along well, but you will see that there are times when we disagree . We really are a family. I really hope you understand that and like a lot of us are here because of Carrie.
    txacar, Suellen, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    no she's not
    as she said Carrie can easily do both.Women do every single day.Again asking where is this antiquated motion of women must just choose one come from?
    Exactly. Well said. Women do not have to choose anymore and neither should Carrie. She can and does have both.
    Suellen, txacar, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I imagine every working mother puts their family above their career, but they still have a career. She could record and tour and then take a few months or a year off if she had a baby, there's no issue with any of that.
    teesharky and ethelu like this.

Exactly. Well said. Women do not have to choose anymore and neither should Carrie. She can and does have both.
    They can even make a song about it

"A Delta mama and a Nickajack man
    Raised their Tennessee daughter in a travelling band"
    teesharky, txacar, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ haha cute lyrics Faraway! (smile)

Guys I am confused about a post earlier that said Carrie just started following Lori McKenna. I checked twitter and do not see a recent follow. Perhaps it is buried in there from last year? I gave up after about 50 followers. haha Or did you mean instagram?

EDIT- never mind. I figured it out. She recently started following Lori McKenna on instagram, not twitter. Cool beans. That could mean something for sure. They could be writing together hopefully!
    rainbow1 likes this.

^I thought the tweet I saw said twitter. Sorry, my bad. She followed Liz Rose at the same time. Liz co-wrote LINLYA with Lori, Carrie and Hillary -- am hoping they are working together again. Here's the tweet:

Kira Capri‏ @KiraCapri919 Aug 11More

This is cute. Now how about the three of them write some songs together!!

ethelu, Gator, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    One of the things you will learn about us is that this is a place where we talk a lot about Carrie. We all know that it is not our life. But we can say what we wish and complain about the single choices, but at the end of the day we know that Carrie will do what she wants. All of us are pretty passionate about her or else we wouldn't be here. Personally I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions. Most of the time we get along well, but you will see that there are times when we disagree . We really are a family. I really hope you understand that and like a lot of us are here because of Carrie.
    Sorry if I overreacted in my last post.You all probably have lives outside of this board & for me to even think otherwise is wrong on my part.For that,I deeply apologize.I'm pretty passionate myself about ANYTHING involving Carrie,everyone in my family could tell you that!!I really am here because of Carrie myself because I'm a HUGE fan of hers & I think that she's always been crazy talented & deserves more credit than she gets!!If I ever get too passionate about my opinions,all of you are free to call me out!!I can take criticism pretty well!!It wouldn't be a real family if we always agreed about every aspect of Carrie's life & career,would it?My own family is the same as well & a lot of the time we DO disagree on things but it's very rare that we all
    agree on one thing at the same time!!If you'll keep me,I would like to be part of this family for a long time!!
    Suellen, Smokyiiis, sd20 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Sounds promising! I want her to work with them again too! Brilliant, soulful writers.
    Carrieslegs84, rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    Sorry if I overreacted in my last post.You all probably have lives outside of this board & for me to even think otherwise is wrong on my part.For that,I deeply apologize.I'm pretty passionate myself about ANYTHING involving Carrie,everyone in my family could tell you that!!I really am here because of Carrie myself because I'm a HUGE fan of hers & I think that she's always been crazy talented & deserves more credit than she gets!!If I ever get too passionate about my opinions,all of you are free to call me out!!I can take criticism pretty well!!It wouldn't be a real family if we always agreed about every aspect of Carrie's life & career,would it?My own family is the same as well & a lot of the time we DO disagree on things but it's very rare that we all
    agree on one thing at the same time!!If you'll keep me,I would like to be part of this family for a long time!!
    Don't worry, you are part of this family.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Woohoo, I would be thrilled with more Love Junkies songs on the new album!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    ^ me too. Plus I don't think Carrie would randomly follow her without having spent time with her recently. Hoping it means something.

Sad that hat we are scraping the barrel to find crumbs of intel from
    any source. Lol

•  
    Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast