Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^^ I don't think anyone actually expected a new ALBUM this year. We were instead hoping for a new single this Fall, with the album in the spring. That was always a more realistic expectation-- especially if TayTay is dropping a new album this fall. I would rather wait for the spring to separate their albums. No one wants to release around Taylor or Adele for obvious reasons of not getting a no1.

Didn't Chris Stapleton already just release a new album? Why is he releasing another one so soon? Odd.

^ She has had the entire year to get pregnant so I was hoping the baby would be born soon so she can move on to the new album. *SMILE* If she gets pregnant now, this will delay things even more. UGH. What would suck is if she suddenly gets pregnant just when we are all hoping for at least a new single- and everything gets pushed back again like last time.

I don't want another 3.5 year delay between albums. This year was supposed to be the year she created Album 6. She has had all year to work on it.
    Yes,she has had the entire year to get pregnant,but you forgot a few VERY big details of what has been going on in her life the past few months:Mike & the Preds made it to the Stanley Cup finals,which they have NEVER done in the teams history AND he just retired from something that he's done for 17 years & that's a pretty big deal for Mike & Carrie,because it means more family time for her,Mike & Isaiah & to have more adventures as a family & you as well as anybody knows that Carrie wanted to have more family time with them & that is VERY important to her.Also,you must've forgotten that she changed record labels so you have to at least take that into consideration.She has had a HUGE professional change & huge personal changes this year so her life has been quite full to an extent.Yes,she has had the entire year to work on it,but the changes that I listed above are probably the main reasons that she has been delaying the whole album process.Creativity just isn't a process that you rush,Tee.Ideas have to take time to cement themselves & come to fruition & putting them into a song just doesn't happen overnight.If this whole new album is rushed,it won't sound right,the feel will be off,the stories will feel rushed & her voice won't sound as powerful & crisp if the whole album is rushed .I'm sorry,Tee,but you know that's not how Carrie works & how the whole writing process & the recording process works.She is an entertainer,but she is a MOTHER first & sometimes that takes priority before recording an album.What makes you think that this is the year that she was supposed to create the new album?She only said she was writing,not recording,unless there is something that I missed.If she does get pregnant again,let her get pregnant & let her worry about the music details later.I live with a very creative family & if you even think of rushing their thought process,you will get an earful from them.It isn't up to us when she releases new music,a new single or a new album,so let her take her time with this & she will tell us when she is ready to release new music & on her own terms,not yours.I love Carrie & I will not rush her in this whole process & you shouldn't either.Rant over.
    Last edited by maddkat; 1 Week Ago at 04:32 AM.
    melissa_cufan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^^ I don't think anyone actually expected a new ALBUM this year. We were instead hoping for a new single this Fall, with the album in the spring. That was always a more realistic expectation-- especially if TayTay is dropping a new album this fall. I would rather wait for the spring to separate their albums. No one wants to release around Taylor or Adele for obvious reasons of not getting a no1.

Didn't Chris Stapleton already just release a new album? Why is he releasing another one so soon? Odd.

^ She has had the entire year to get pregnant so I was hoping the baby would be born soon so she can move on to the new album. *SMILE* If she gets pregnant now, this will delay things even more. UGH. What would suck is if she suddenly gets pregnant just when we are all hoping for at least a new single- and everything gets pushed back again like last time.

I don't want another 3.5 year delay between albums. This year was supposed to be the year she created Album 6. She has had all year to work on it.
    Faraway already mentioned it as well, but Chris's album was announced as a two-volume set from the very beginning. Volume 1 only has 9 songs, so it's just shy of being what I would consider a full-length album, which for me should have a minimum of 10-11 songs, but ideally more like 12-14. Volume 2 should be around the same, for a total of about 18 songs released this year.
    teesharky and txacar like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Faraway already mentioned it as well, but Chris's album was announced as a two-volume set from the very beginning. Volume 1 only has 9 songs, so it's just shy of being what I would consider a full-length album, which for me should have a minimum of 10-11 songs, but ideally more like 12-14. Volume 2 should be around the same, for a total of about 18 songs released this year.
    This is what I think Carrie should do, or something along these lines. Release a short album early next year and then end next year with another short album.
    lolita55 and txacar like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    This is what I think Carrie should do, or something along these lines. Release a short album early next year and then end next year with another short album.
    I think she should as well, in fact I would not be surprised if that became the norm.
    DizzyDollyDee and txacar like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I think she should as well, in fact I would not be surprised if that became the norm.
    Everything is cyclical. Singles are becoming more important than albums again like in the 1950s. People may start releasing short albums or EPs multiple times a year again. The big change though is that streaming is driving music, not the radio.
    teesharky, txacar, Suellen and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Yes,she has had the entire year to get pregnant,but you forgot a few VERY big details of what has been going on in her life the past few months:Mike & the Preds made it to the Stanley Cup finals,which they have NEVER done in the teams history AND he just retired from something that he's done for 17 years & that's a pretty big deal for Mike & Carrie,because it means more family time for her,Mike & Isaiah & to have more adventures as a family & you as well as anybody knows that Carrie wanted to have more family time with them & that is VERY important to her.Also,you must've forgotten that she changed record labels so you have to at least take that into consideration.She has had a HUGE professional change & huge personal changes this year so her life has been quite full to an extent.Yes,she has had the entire year to work on it,but the changes that I listed above are probably the main reasons that she has been delaying the whole album process.Creativity just isn't a process that you rush,Tee.Ideas have to take time to cement themselves & come to fruition & putting them into a song just doesn't happen overnight.If this whole new album is rushed,it won't sound right,the feel will be off,the stories will feel rushed & her voice won't sound as powerful & crisp if the whole album is rushed .I'm sorry,Tee,but you know that's not how Carrie works & how the whole writing process & the recording process works.She is an entertainer,but she is a MOTHER first & sometimes that takes priority before recording an album.What makes you think that this is the year that she was supposed to create the new album?She only said she was writing,not recording,unless there is something that I missed.If she does get pregnant again,let her get pregnant & let her worry about the music details later.I live with a very creative family & if you even think of rushing their thought process,you will get an earful from them.It isn't up to us when she releases new music,a new single or a new album,so let her take her time with this & she will tell us when she is ready to release new music & on her own terms,not yours.I love Carrie & I will not rush her in this whole process & you shouldn't either.Rant over.

That's all well and good...Creativity is important-- agree. but in the meantime, Carrie's competition is relentless, and they release albums like clockwork. The longer you stay out of the stpotlight, the more buzz you lose and soon people lose interest. Sales are already down for everyone. There is a certain point when you have to be realistic that you need to stay in the spotlight as long as you can, while you can-- because it will all be over soon. The industry is cruel and cuts you off when you are in your 40s as a woman, unless you are an ICON like Madonna or Cher. This is it for Carrie- her 30s are likely going to be the biggest peak of her career.

You don't get to stay on top forever. When Carrie is in her 40s, I am sure things will slow down alot. But right now she is in her prime and she needs to strike while the iron is hot. People would kill or die for her career. You can't take it for granted. And the longer you dilly dally, the more buzz you lose. Just the way things are. Reality.
    txacar, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    That's all well and good...Creativity is important-- agree. but in the meantime, Carrie's competition is relentless, and they release albums like clockwork. The longer you stay out of the stpotlight, the more buzz you lose and soon people lose interest. Sales are already down for everyone. There is a certain point when you have to be realistic that you need to stay in the spotlight as long as you can, while you can-- because it will all be over soon. The industry is cruel and cuts you off when you are in your 40s as a woman, unless you are an ICON like Madonna or Cher. This is it for Carrie- her 30s are likely going to be the biggest peak of her career.

You don't get to stay on top forever. When Carrie is in her 40s, I am sure things will slow down alot. But right now she is in her prime and she needs to strike while the iron is hot. People would kill or die for her career. You can't take it for granted. And the longer you dilly dally, the more buzz you lose. Just the way things are. Reality.
    But some of her competition probably doesn't have a 2 year old kid to take care of which does take up some of her time that could be used to write songs & record them.Carrie has a lot more on her plate than most of her competitors& her music isn't the only thing that keeps her busy.Sales are also down because people are consuming music a lot differently than they used to & streaming has a lot to do with that.She probably realizes that she has to strike while the iron is hot,but she shouldn't have to rush the whole process because we want the music faster,she probably wants the music to sound the best it can,the feel of the album,the sound she wants to focus on & the look of the album.Yes,people would do anything to have the kind of success she's had but that should never be the determining factor in any of this process.When you have to put pressure on yourself to constantly keep topping yourself,you put pressure on yourself to be like everyone else & we all know that Carrie isn't like everyone else.She probably is aware of the pressure but probably knows that putting any of it on herself is going to do her no good in the creative process & it won't produce her best music.Some of her competition probably rushes the whole process & puts out crap music in the process that has no substance & lacks creativity & passion.Carrie doesn't put out crap music & she shouldn't have to because we want new music sooner or that her competition nips at her heels.When she peaks,we will know it,but right now I'm not going to worry about it because I might lose sleep over it & that isn't worth losing sleep over.If you think she dilly dallys trying to be creative & put out the best music she can without sacrificing her sanity in the process,then your idea of dilly dallying must be different from mine!!I just don't get why you're losing sleep over this when we have no control over when new Carrie music comes out.Buzz is good,but I think Carrie just cares if she has quality songs that people are going to enjoy & makes their lives better & more fulfilled & happy.Her success may end in the distant future,but that isn't for any of us to worry about right now.If you listen to Top 40 & some country(not all of it)is crap because there is no originality to the music & it's the same idea being recycled but in a different way.Pop music all sounds the same & I barely listen to it anymore because it's the same thing over and over.I listen to country music because not one song sounds the same & each song tells a different story than the last.Every time I listen to Carrie's music,I find something different that I missed before & new nuances that I never noticed & I love that because her music is quality & it never gets old no matter how many times I listen to it.Let Carrie do her thing & let her worry about the rest.Once her spotlight fades,I'm sure she will be able to keep herself busy no matter what.BTW,sorry,but even though Madonna is a huge star,her newer music is crap & her older stuff is the same way.She sold her self out to sell more records & we all know Carrie would NEVER do that because she has values & morals that have stayed with her even before she became famous & to me,it just seems that Madonna has no substance or morals to her whatsoever.Just my opinion,yours may be different than mine.

Huge Carrie Follower

But also, it's best to have kids now rather than later. I'd rather her focus on having more kids now and then release music.

Concert Stars
    ^ yes but country music is gender biased and they put women out to pasture like cows in their 40s. Look at Faith, Martina, Sara Evans, even Shania is struggling now despite her big comeback. They don't even play Reba much anymore. You get one big peak, and then they cut you off.

Sadly it's different for the men. They can get number 1s on radio into their 50s and 60s. Just a biased backwards good old boys club sadly. Nothing much has changed despite it being 2017.
    Suellen, txacar, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    ^ yes but country music is gender biased and they put women out to pasture like cows in their 40s. Look at Faith, Martina, Sara Evans, even Shania is struggling now despite her big comeback. They don't even play Reba much anymore. You get one big peak, and then they cut you off.

Sadly it's different for the men. They can get number 1s on radio into their 50s and 60s. Just a biased backwards good old boys club sadly. Nothing much has changed despite it being 2017.
    Sorry but family is far more important than hit singles and albums.

Concert Stars
    ^ It seems to me, that she has both!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    YES!!I've been trying to say this all along to Tee,but it seems she missed the point completely when saying that Carrie needs to make an album sooner rather than later so her competition doesn't pass her.When I saw those pictures of Mike,Carrie &Isaiah with masks and superhero capes tonight,I was reminded that Isaiah is only 2 once & so once that this toddler period of Isaiah's time passes,it's gone & you can't get that time back no matter how hard you try.The stage can wait.The costume changes can wait.I know that what I'm about to describe is completely different,but it correlates perfectly with this story.My mom stayed home for 8 years to take care of myself,my brother & sister because my dad was working & there was nobody else to take care of us.She may have sacrificed a lot professionally,but it was great to have her around for all of the milestones that we all had & she could feed us,take care of us & love on us.I'm SO glad for those times because it showed that work could wait,seeing us 3 kids grow up was more important.The love she gave all of us was vital because we all knew that she would always be there for us no matter what.In a sense,Carrie is trying to do the same for Isaiah because he will only be little for so long & the memories that her & Mike create for him now will be memories that he will carry with him forever no matter where he goes.She sees that this time is valuable and wants to cherish it as much as possible before it's gone.She wants to be able to create these kinds of moments because those are always more important than a single or a hit album which she has a lot of but once those moments are gone,you can't get them back no matter how hard you try.After how hard her Mike have worked this past year,they deserve this time to be imaginative & fun with Isaiah because once this part of Isaiah's life is gone,you just can't get it back.He's growing up so fast,that if she was in the studio recording,she wouldn't be able to do things like this & neither would Mike if he was still playing hockey.I do miss Carrie's music,but this time is more important to her and she deserves it after being away so much last year!!I will gladly let Carrie & Mike have this family time as long as they want to & the rest can wait until Carrie herself is good & ready to start recording & writing again!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie can make new music and still have time with the family with no problem.Especially now that Mike is retired.She writes/records during the day and is home with the family at night.
    Where does this notion come from ,especially in 2017, that a woman must concentrate on family or her job like she can't possibly do both at the same time. Of course she can.Women have been doing that for years. I love Carrie but she's no special case.
    txacar, Smokyiiis, Suellen and 5 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Like, why does she have to choose? If she wants to only focus on family fine, if she wants to only worry about new music and not a new baby, fine, and if she wants to do both, that's fine too. Plenty of artists have toured while they were pregnant and worked on albums, videos and whatever else while pregnant. She doesn't have to choose one or other, hell, she can even vote now in elections (crazy, I know). You guys better flip the calendars from 1957.

Let her choose the life that fits her best.
    txacar, Suellen, ethelu and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Like, why does she have to choose? If she wants to only focus on family fine, if she wants to only worry about new music and not a new baby, fine, and if she wants to do both, that's fine too. Plenty of artists have toured while they were pregnant and worked on albums, videos and whatever else while pregnant. She doesn't have to choose one or other, hell, she can even vote now in elections (crazy, I know). You guys better flip the calendars from 1957.

Let her choose the life that fits her best.
    Absolutely. She did both with Isaiah. She might limit how much she wants to tour, but she had hit songs with SITW and LTG without touring. Plus, she has a contract with a new label. I'm sure they, and she, plan for her to release a few albums.
    rainbow1, txacar and adam1995 like this.

Concert Stars
    You can have both. Its 2017 not 1950s.
    txacar, rainbow1, ethelu and 5 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    ^ It seems to me, that she has both!!
    Exactly. She'll be fine even if she waits until next year. It's not like radio is supporting many other females.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Exactly. She'll be fine even if she waits until next year. It's not like radio is supporting many other females.
    Sorry that I started that discussion about Carrie's family time!!Sorry that I started the debate,but it's been really interesting to see everyone's viewpoint on that topic!!Yeah,Carrie will be fine if she waits until next year because it's not like she's hurting for hits or singles at this point in her career.On the point of radio not supporting females,I found an article in USA Today that states how female pop artists are just having a hard time this year even trying to have a hit,so it's just not in country music,it's also in pop music as well.The article may be specific just to pop music in particular & other genres,but in a weird sense,it also applies somewhat to female country artists & how they even struggle to get their music heard on country radio & in general.I'll try to post a link to the article if I can.That particular article came into my head when you said it's not like radio is supporting female artists.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...100/544770001/

Concert Stars
    So bored. Lol really hope we hear something
    soon about something- anything. Lol

Even the lame teen choice awards are Sunday and I wish she would go just for something to look forward to. But she has never attended the TCAs ever so I doubt she will go.
    Last edited by teesharky; 1 Week Ago at 06:42 AM.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I got lucky with my #2 (Kesha) releasing an album during Carrie'a down time lol
    teesharky likes this.

•  
    Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast