Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    My dream collab....Probably will never happen. But they do like each other, so that's a start! haha

Merican Life‏ @Merican_Life 10h10 hours ago

Hey @CMT can you bless everyone's ears with a #Crossroads with these two Legends?!?! @carrieunderwood @Adele

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSS I need this like yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    No covers album please, it would waste an album cycle, and then we'd have to wait forever for a new album again. A cover of two on the album would be no problem, but please don't waste a whole album or even half an album.
    gna, ethelu, Kizmet311 and 2 others like this.

^ I am here for any rock covers, Collabs, or original songs Carrie wants to record or perform. I am still bummed that she never performed the Aerosmith song LIVE even once. I wanted a video of her with the whole Aerosmith band performing. That would have been epic.

PS--------Carrie just started following Aubrey Sellers from Nashville TV show on twitter. Perhaps she is writing with her etc? I think she writes and records?
    Aubrie Sellers is the daughter of Lee Ann Womack (and the step-daughter of Frank Liddell, whom Carrie worked with on "Somethin' Bad"). She recently defended radio DJ and media personality Bobby Bones in a recent Twitter controversy. (As I think Carrie is friendly with Bones, either of those connections could be relevant to her decision to follow Aubrie)

I didn't know Aubrie was on Nashville - but I'm behind in watching the present series!

Aubrie released her debut album "New City Blues" early this year, for Carnival Records - a label which has garnered a lot of contemporary attention for its strong backing for Progressive Roots. She co-wrote the tracks, several with Grammy nominated Adam Wright, who is also a Carnival artist, and a friend and collaborator of her mother. She has described her sound as "Garage Country" - and I would guess that elements of its approach could appeal to Carrie (Aubrie herself, unfortunately, has not had much Mainstream support so far, but Carrie is an eclectic artist who has shown a knack for blending the "one foot in the present and one in the past" approach of Progressive Roots with off-genre influences that make many of her songs accessible to both contemporary Country and General Music audiences.

However, I know my musical tastes are not always those of the majority of fans, so if anyone would be interested in assessing Aubrie's work from their own perspective, these are examples:

"Light of Day", a song which reminds me of some of the Pistol Annies' work (also produced by Aubrie's step-father). If Carrie should want to pursue her interest in "Twang Rock", this style might be something she could incorporate
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNJX30r2WY

"Liar Liar", to me, the general style here is reminiscent of Brandy Clark - one of the co-writers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUtbuoZ-uxc

"Green Eyes", a more reflective, laid back number, which is a favourite of mine, with some interesting lap steel backing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsdue5E4eY

Back to her roots, last year, she joined her mother and Dr Ralph on this Mountain spiritual, "White Dove", which was one of that wonderful artist's last recordings before his recent passing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NHGjud0Vs
    rainbow1, teesharky and Momin like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^

Thanks for posting Aubrie's music. I really like the sound. She writes good lyrics. I love the undulating sound of Light of Day. It would be a different sound for Carrie, but I'd like to see her do it.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She sure sounds like her mother. I don't know if I could even tell them apart by audio.
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

My dream collab....Probably will never happen. But they do like each other, so that's a start! haha

Merican Life‏ @Merican_Life 10h10 hours ago

Hey @CMT can you bless everyone's ears with a #Crossroads with these two Legends?!?! @carrieunderwood @Adele

That would be incredible. If this happened I would be so excited.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Like Faraway said - Aubrie Sellers is Leann Womack's daughter. I enjoyed her album and got to see her in concert when she opened for Chris Stapleton. She also has sung BGV for David Nail on many of his songs (plus he has done a couple duets with Leann, actually).

Aubrey Peeples was on Nashville, so not the same Aubrey. I don't believe that Aubrie Sellers was ever featured on Nashville, not to my knowledge.

I would be extremely pleased to hear some songs written by Aubrie and Carrie. Maybe Carrie will go more towards a rock/bluesy, progressive sound like DL, LLA, and CCA. Can't wait to hear all of this new music!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Thanks! I got her confused with the actress on Nashville named Aubrey. haha I like Aubrie's voice! She does remind me of her Mom Lee Ann, who I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Aubrie Sellers is the daughter of Lee Ann Womack (and the step-daughter of Frank Liddell, whom Carrie worked with on "Somethin' Bad"). She recently defended radio DJ and media personality Bobby Bones in a recent Twitter controversy. (As I think Carrie is friendly with Bones, either of those connections could be relevant to her decision to follow Aubrie)

I didn't know Aubrie was on Nashville - but I'm behind in watching the present series!

Aubrie released her debut album "New City Blues" early this year, for Carnival Records - a label which has garnered a lot of contemporary attention for its strong backing for Progressive Roots. She co-wrote the tracks, several with Grammy nominated Adam Wright, who is also a Carnival artist, and a friend and collaborator of her mother. She has described her sound as "Garage Country" - and I would guess that elements of its approach could appeal to Carrie (Aubrie herself, unfortunately, has not had much Mainstream support so far, but Carrie is an eclectic artist who has shown a knack for blending the "one foot in the present and one in the past" approach of Progressive Roots with off-genre influences that make many of her songs accessible to both contemporary Country and General Music audiences.

However, I know my musical tastes are not always those of the majority of fans, so if anyone would be interested in assessing Aubrie's work from their own perspective, these are examples:

"Light of Day", a song which reminds me of some of the Pistol Annies' work (also produced by Aubrie's step-father). If Carrie should want to pursue her interest in "Twang Rock", this style might be something she could incorporate
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNJX30r2WY

"Liar Liar", to me, the general style here is reminiscent of Brandy Clark - one of the co-writers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUtbuoZ-uxc

"Green Eyes", a more reflective, laid back number, which is a favourite of mine, with some interesting lap steel backing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsdue5E4eY

Back to her roots, last year, she joined her mother and Dr Ralph on this Mountain spiritual, "White Dove", which was one of that wonderful artist's last recordings before his recent passing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NHGjud0Vs
    Farawayhills likes this.

Concert Stars
    Praying something leaks soon in terms of new song titles or something. It has been way too quiet. Surely they are working on a Fall release for a new single anyway. It would be way too long to wait for the new single until 2018.

Praying something leaks soon in terms of new song titles or something. It has been way too quiet. Surely they are working on a Fall release for a new single anyway. It would be way too long to wait for the new single until 2018.
    The more I think about everything that has happened since the beginning of Carrie's career, the more I am convinced we will see a single in Fall, or even beforehand. It is coming up to 2 years since her last album release. Her previous album release gaps were, 2 years, 2 years, 2.5 years, 2.5 years, and then 1 year (if you include Greatest Hits as an album and considering there is her baby involved in there too). Also her singles have all (except for SH and JTTW), have had a 2 month gap between the lead single and the album release. Considering she has just joined a worldwide deal, there is no chance they would wait till 2018 for a release of some form whether a single or album. If you go by her previous 'schedule' of sorts, we should see a single around September or October at the earliest, with the album released at the beginning of next year. At least please release the album DVD to tide us over until new music!
    teesharky likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^I don't know about that. This era just seems different. There is little talk of new music expect her wanting to be creative and writing some. I just thought we would know more song titles by now if the album was coming. It just feels like something is off in a way.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    ^I don't know about that. This era just seems different. There is little talk of new music expect her wanting to be creative and writing some. I just thought we would know more song titles by now if the album was coming. It just feels like something is off in a way.
    Agree.

I'm sorry, but "Smoke Break" came out in August, and we had months of cowrites leading up to it right? It's July already and nothing. I just don't see it happening. She may start writing now, but Carrie takes her time on these things. I'd say February or March we get a single, and at the very earliest December, but that will push it.
    Last edited by adam1995; 1 Week Ago at 10:04 AM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just really want a new single performance at the CMAs. Hoping that this new era shakes things up a little bit and with the music industry changing so much right now, I really hope they go for maybe two singles before the album is released. We will see what happens! Of course, I know there is still that unaddressed speculation/rumor that has been discussed here and on Twitter, so that could affect plans as well, if it happens to be true, lol.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 1 Week Ago at 08:15 AM.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Oh my we need our Carrie fix that is for sure...... Yes, I agree we need something for the CMA performance........ Totally blow us away with a new sound and song from the new label........
    ethelu likes this.

Carrie Follower
    We all have to consider that Carrie has so many factors in her life that she herself has to think about even releasing or writing songs:Mike & his career,Isaiah,Calia &Almay & kids in the future,so any decision that she makes about new music or writing songs herself or with other people,affects every other area of her life that she has to take into account before doing anything that is even remotely related to music or her career.Like I said before,if you rush creativity,the music won't sound good,her voice won't be up to par,& song ideas may not have time to gel into something cohesive that she wants to run with.But to echo what MSCarrieFan has said,something does seem a bit off because if a album was coming,there would've been a lot more info released before now & a single to whet our appetites.New music will happen eventually,but we can't rush it as much as we would want to.
    MSCarriefan likes this.

Carrie has a new contract with a different label so I don't find it odd that she is not on her usual Sony schedule. I've no idea of the terms she negotiated with UMG -- might have given herself more time with family before beginning the rat race again.

Concert Stars
    I'm hoping that's because her UMG team is keeping everything on lockdown. Not necessarily saying Carrie will surprise release a single or album, but that they'll announce everything on their terms. Something akin to what Taylor or Beyonce might do.

Concert Stars
    Agree. Surely UMG is chomping at the bit to unleash their new prize to the world- Carrie. I cannot imagine they would even bother to make the announcement so soon if they didn't have s game plan.
    rainbow1 likes this.

I sure do hope that Carrie's new deal with Universal includes something in movies. I saw that "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" is coming out with Meryl Streep in 2018 and is being made by Universal. Wouldn't a part in something like that be perfect for Carrie?? Universal could open new doors for her in this capacity, for sure. I hope that she's secured something as part of the new deal. This would help her career internationally, too.
    lolita55, teesharky and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I sure do hope that Carrie's new deal with Universal includes something in movies. I saw that "Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" is coming out with Meryl Streep in 2018 and is being made by Universal. Wouldn't a part in something like that be perfect for Carrie?? Universal could open new doors for her in this capacity, for sure. I hope that she's secured something as part of the new deal. This would help her career internationally, too.
    I think that is all apart of the plan. I don't think she would have left Sony if UMG didn't give her what she wanted and needed.
    teesharky and PRGuy79 like this.

•  
    Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast