Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

Concert Stars
    I can't at the RR hate. It's one of her best... EVER!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    ^Yes, you are a bit late...three years, lol. That series is dead in the water right now. I don't think it's every made it past the script stage.
    Though, sometimes series can take years and years to ever be produced. Fingers crossed.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    I don't get the RR hate either lol I will say though it isn't as good as other upbeat ones like GG, CC, BHC, LN.

This is obviously just a guess, but I could see the next era following a similar timeframe as the BA era. A lead single in Feb 2018 and new album in the spring, like April or May with a tour starting fall 2018. I'd be stunned (although very happy) if we got any new music in 2017. Of course if Carrie gets pregnant, then no new music til late 2018 at the earliest probably lol
    DazzledByCarrie and melvinc like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I loooove RR! It's always been one of my top 3 on Storyteller
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

I don't hate RR and enjoy listening to the song. I didn't want it to be single over CCA.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Clock Don't Stop has a nice feel to it. The lyrics could have been a bit better. Also, Mexico has to be my favorite thing on her album I have no idea why it's her least popular song.
    I know this thread is about the next album but since CDS was mentioned . . . I was listening to ST in the car this last weekend and CDS came on and I was going to skip it but my 3 year old granddaughter said no and my daughter said that she loves the song. She proceeds to sing the whole song. No accounting for her taste in songs but love that she is a CU fan. :-)
    txacar, hjj, Josh and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I love Clock Don't Stop. So catchy. Don't get the hate and never will. lol

Honestly I cannot wait until song titles start leaking on the registered sites. It gives us something to do in this horrid down time between albums. lol

Junior Carrie Follower
    I agree with everything in your post except for one thing:And since Carrie has already collaborated with Hip-Hop producers like Mike Elizondo and Ne-Yo, I would LOVE if she collaborated with Mike Will Made-It for a LOUD and uptempo song. I would FAINT.I copied & pasted that because it's the one that has stuck in my craw for a week now.Hip hop is just not a genre that I really listen to a lot because it's not relatable to my life & the lyrics in most of those songs are just too vulgar for my taste.I looked on Wikipedia &Mike will made it mostly produces a lot of hip hop artists that just turn me off lyrically because all of those songs basically sounds the same with rapper rapping about the same things over and over with no real substance to them at all.I don't mind if she wants to try that genre to see how it fits in with her style of music,but it's a genre that just turns me off musically.I don't want to pigeonhole her in any way,but I just can't see Carrie fitting in with that genre of music if she wants relatable lyrics in her music like she always has.Country music has always been relatable to people because it talks about real life issues& everyday life & I feel that's why people relate to her music so much because she talks about the stuff that's going on in their lives at the moment & I feel that's why country music is one of the many things that Carrie does exceptionally well.All of this may be unpopular opinion,but this is just my view on this certain topic.
    Josh likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    CDS is the absolute worst song she has ever recorded. Please stay away from this type of song Carrie. Not a good style whatsoever.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    CDS is the absolute worst song she has ever recorded. Please stay away from this type of song Carrie. Not a good style whatsoever.
    Second worst. WAY is by far the worst for me.
    HuiZ likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I love WAY so much and mourn that we never got a performance of it.:-)

I don't mind the style so much, it's good for Carrie to experiment, but geez the lyrics are abysmal.
    txacar and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

I don't mind the style so much, it's good for Carrie to experiment, but geez the lyrics are abysmal.
    I can't tell whether or not you are being sarcastic about WAY, lol. I just like to pretend the BA album ends with WAW. It's just about perfect that way, IMHO.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I can't tell whether or not you are being sarcastic about WAY, lol. I just like to pretend the BA album ends with WAW. It's just about perfect that way, IMHO.
    Seriously,I do love WAY.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I agree with everything in your post except for one thing:And since Carrie has already collaborated with Hip-Hop producers like Mike Elizondo and Ne-Yo, I would LOVE if she collaborated with Mike Will Made-It for a LOUD and uptempo song. I would FAINT.I copied & pasted that because it's the one that has stuck in my craw for a week now.Hip hop is just not a genre that I really listen to a lot because it's not relatable to my life & the lyrics in most of those songs are just too vulgar for my taste.I looked on Wikipedia &Mike will made it mostly produces a lot of hip hop artists that just turn me off lyrically because all of those songs basically sounds the same with rapper rapping about the same things over and over with no real substance to them at all.I don't mind if she wants to try that genre to see how it fits in with her style of music,but it's a genre that just turns me off musically.I don't want to pigeonhole her in any way,but I just can't see Carrie fitting in with that genre of music if she wants relatable lyrics in her music like she always has.Country music has always been relatable to people because it talks about real life issues& everyday life & I feel that's why people relate to her music so much because she talks about the stuff that's going on in their lives at the moment & I feel that's why country music is one of the many things that Carrie does exceptionally well.All of this may be unpopular opinion,but this is just my view on this certain topic.
    The fact that Mike Will Made-It produces mainly hip-hop music doesn't restrict him to this genre only. He co-wrote and produced Beyoncé's universally acclaimed "Formation" (Record and Song of the Year nominee at the Grammys) and Miley Cyru's album Bangerz (nominated for a Grammy). Those examples show his versatility.
    He's said that he would like to produce a song for Adele.

All-genre producers like him collaborates with a wide range of genres, even though they stick to a certain genre more. You see Timbaland and Pharrell, who mainly produces hip-hop artists, but also Pop (J. Timberlake, Nelly Furtado etc). Also Max Martin and Shellback: prominent Pop producers who produced and co-wrote Carrie's Quitter.

About the lyrics: yeah, hip-hop tend to have "agressive" and often "vulgar" lyrics, but if Mike was to collaborate with Carrie, I'm sure the lyrics would never be vulgar. Just tale a look at the excellent lyrics of "Formation"

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars

100% agree with both. I love WAY to death, both the sound and lyrics.

I love CDS as a whole, but prefer the sound/production over the lyrics any day. Lyrics are very weak, but the sound/prod is so refreshing.

Seriously,I do love WAY.
    One of my favorites. I hear it every day on Sirius Velvet -- gorgeous song, and love Carrie's soft tone.
    maddkat likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I'm in the WAY camp as well. I love it. I like that Carrie experiments, CCA was a good direction for her. I don't know what CDS was exactly, but I really don't what to find out anymore.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie has some rockier songs on this album. Whatever she does it will be awesome. She can sing anything.
    melvinc likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This first release really will be exciting, because I feel like UMG will put everything they have behind it.
    teesharky, Suellen, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    This first release really will be exciting, because I feel like UMG will put everything they have behind it.
    Yes agree. I feel like they must be chomping at the bit to release something too. Carrie is their big prize acquisition.

Interesting that Sam Hunt recently said he plans to go the Keith Urban route and release several singles first- then the cd later. It worked well for Keith. I think Carrie should do the same. That would ensure a new single this Fall at least and make the fans/label happy. Then she could release a second single and push the album to spring 2018 hopefully.

•  
    Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast