Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    But you were saying that Storyteller was like a Miranda phase, how?

Last Name was not strictly country, more on the rock side, which is fine but why is that ok as country, but not Smoke Break? SB was country, but it was Carrie, because Carrie wrote and sang and played the guitar for it, Miranda did none of that with the song. It's just that this hatred or jealousy or whatever it is with Miranda really bogs down these threads.
    Ok you don't understand anything of what i say, I know I speak other lenguage but come on! Lol

I LOVE country Carrie! I LOVE country Carrie in HER OWN STYLE! (Not laid back) the laid back style is what Miranda have done all her career and I don't like it! If I would like that style I would be a Miranda fan! And Im not.
    And I don't hate Miranda! Lol I just don't like most of her music and I don't want Carrie to do that kind of laid back music again, its just not her, she looks bored to death singing it!

I just want to say what I think and want from Carrie, thats all. If you like the laid back style that is awesome good for you. Its natural that if you are a Miranda fan you will like that style in Carrie, but I find it boring like most people (if we see the streams numbers).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    It's called Twang!! Rock sounds much better on Carrie. (I do love some of the twangy songs, tho, now that I'm used to it.) I think she exaggerated the twang in DL because it was a typical back-woods "country" story. Agree with Simon, however. Hope she's back to traditional Carrie on the next album, but would prefer a few more soft songs mixed in.
    It's called twang, you're right. It's not called Miranda style. That's my point. If you don't like twang, perfectly fine, but just cause it's twang doesn't make it Miranda. I loved any twang she incorporated (but I love that kind of country). CCA was the crown jewel of this album and I hope that's the way she goes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Now I am starting to see the picture come to light with ML and Carrie comparisons in songs, but personally i don't see it at all........

Carrie is one that can sing anything or any style of music because she can do that vocally (without twang) where ML cant...... Like Reba some just have that strong distinct twang that just cant be removed from the voice.....

Even as one references to laid back, Carrie has a strong voice and a natural progression in her voice that transcends to higher octaves that ML cant so I don't see a comparison at all in any of their music.....

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Now I am starting to see the picture come to light with ML and Carrie comparisons in songs, but personally i don't see it at all........

Carrie is one that can sing anything or any style of music because she can do that vocally (without twang) where ML cant...... Like Reba some just have that strong distinct twang that just cant be removed from the voice.....

Even as one references to laid back, Carrie has a strong voice and a natural progression in her voice that transcends to higher octaves that ML cant so I don't see a comparison at all in any of their music.....
    I didn't see anybody compare them talent-wise. There IS NO comparison. ML could never, ever do what Carrie does and everybody in the world knows that. But, Carrie can easily do what Miranda does (or what just about anybody else does, for that matter). When Carrie said ST would have more twang, I had no idea what she was talking about until she released SmB. I realize others don't agree but, for me, in SmB and DL she even pronounces her words differently along with the twang. Saying she sounds like ML on DL is not comparing it just simply sounds like ML when you first hear it. That said, even twang sounds better on Carrie than on anybody else.
    simonplay likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Ok you don't understand anything of what i say, I know I speak other lenguage but come on! Lol

I LOVE country Carrie! I LOVE country Carrie in HER OWN STYLE! (Not laid back) the laid back style is what Miranda have done all her career and I don't like it! If I would like that style I would be a Miranda fan! And Im not.
    And I don't hate Miranda! Lol I just don't like most of her music and I don't want Carrie to do that kind of laid back music again, its just not her, she looks bored to death singing it!

I just want to say what I think and want from Carrie, thats all. If you like the laid back style that is awesome good for you. Its natural that if you are a Miranda fan you will like that style in Carrie, but I find it boring like most people (if we see the streams numbers).
    I guess I'm not seeing what your saying. I wouldn't say Miranda is laid back, Kerosene, Mama's Broken Heart, Gunpowder and Lead, don't scream laid back to me, but OK. Just seemed when Carrie twanged out a little bit she was trying to be Miranda, according to some people (not pointing you out). I just don't see the comparisons. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Absolutely, not true. Sorry, but you keep pushing this narrative that is 100% false. Did she sell less, yes, but you consistently want to neglect the fact that every artist is for the most part selling less. She's still hitting platinum, which many artist are not doing. Just in 2016, only 4 albums actually sold 1,000,000 copies, if that doesn't tell you how poor the industry is, then I don't know how you can see it. She still got 4 #1s, were sales lower, again, the same story holds from above. She went on the biggest tour she's ever done, where the general public helped her sell out most of shows, so...they definitely did not move on. She reclaimed Female Vocalist at the CMAs, so whether we like it or not, and I think we do, she got recognized, even if small. Plus the EOTY nominations were victories from a broken awards system. So, I don't know, keep saying she failed, most of us aren't buying it, I don't understand how you arrive at these conclusions.
    I agree with this but want to add that Carrie also had two singles off of Greatest Hits not that long before she released Storyteller which makes her selling the way she has all the more impressive.
    adam1995 likes this.

I guess I'm not seeing what your saying. I wouldn't say Miranda is laid back, Kerosene, Mama's Broken Heart, Gunpowder and Lead, don't scream laid back to me, but OK. Just seemed when Carrie twanged out a little bit she was trying to be Miranda, according to some people (not pointing you out). I just don't see the comparisons. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
    Well thats 3 songs in 6 or 7 albums that she have so... her sound in general is laid back.
    Its ok we just see things diferently . I just said that I would like Carrie to record country pop rock again.
    But in the end she will record the album that she want, not yours or mine. Lol

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    It's called Twang!! Rock sounds much better on Carrie. (I do love some of the twangy songs, tho, now that I'm used to it.) I think she exaggerated the twang in DL because it was a typical back-woods "country" story. Agree with Simon, however. Hope she's back to traditional Carrie on the next album, but would prefer a few more soft songs mixed in.
    This is my thoughts exactly. The sound on DL was definitely exaggerated combined with the lyrics. I agree with Simon on this also and I understand what he's saying when he says she sounded like Miranda. I don't think it has anything to do with hating Miranda Lambert. The twang doesn't seem natural for Carrie. But, if she does it right, it could sound natural and be a great song.

Junior Carrie Follower
    It's called twang, you're right. It's not called Miranda style. That's my point. If you don't like twang, perfectly fine, but just cause it's twang doesn't make it Miranda. I loved any twang she incorporated (but I love that kind of country). CCA was the crown jewel of this album and I hope that's the way she goes.

Okay. This will be my opinion and maybe a strong one that people don't agree with, but CCA, despite Carrie seemingly enjoying the heck out of this in concert, is
    so bad for a Carrie Underwood song. I'm not saying it even sounds bad, because it's not. I just feel like the genre is not Carrie. Blues sounds great on Carrie, but
    something feels off with it. I don't like the idea of country going blues, even though it can easily overlap. Carrie is one of those artists that never really was fully "country" imo and sings it great though so it should have been a single.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

What are your favorite Carrie songs if any?

I do not think I have just one favorite. I love maybe every single she's ever released and a lot of songs on her albums. I know it sounds like I complain a lot about really disliking her songs, but those are only few of them. Eventually, I start liking them. But, I love all her stuff. I could tell you the ones I don't like as much though which are, most recently, DL, Chaser, and RR. I like SB even, I just feel like it was a weird single choice that tried to appeal to the audience and didn't work out. But, every single she's released previously has been amazing to me with the exceptions of Last Name, Temporary Home, and Two Black Cadillacs. But, I've recently gave LN and TBC a chance again and they're better than I thought at the time of release. Cowboy Casanova also REALLY bothered me, but now I like it a lot all these years later.

IKYW is one of my favorite songs from her ever that she never released.
    maddkat likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    txacar: comparisons are made here all the time regarding the two, i guess my point is I now understand what some people say when they do reference the two.....

But for me bottom line, there is no comparison to either of them vocally or musically........
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Okay. This will be my opinion and maybe a strong one that people don't agree with, but CCA, despite Carrie seemingly enjoying the heck out of this in concert, is
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    so bad for a Carrie Underwood song. I'm not saying it even sounds bad, because it's not. I just feel like the genre is not Carrie. Blues sounds great on Carrie, but
    something feels off with it. I don't like the idea of country going blues, even though it can easily overlap. Carrie is one of those artists that never really was fully "country" imo and sings it great though so it should have been a single.

aside from Chaser CAA was by far the best thing on ST and no amount of your dissing it or all the other songs will make me believe otherwise.

and not liking TBC out of the box???? I wash my hands of you.lol

Concert Stars
    You can't compare Carrie to Miranda. We've talked about this forever. Miranda is an ok singer, Carrie is a brilliant singer. They write different kinds of songs. They don't sell the same, their concerts are completely different in style and frankly, attendance. Carrie is an A+ artist in notoriety, Grammys, tv exposure, product endorsements, etc. Carrie is Hercules, Miranda is someone with decent arms. Jmo

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Well thats 3 songs in 6 or 7 albums that she have so... her sound in general is laid back.
    Its ok we just see things diferently . I just said that I would like Carrie to record country pop rock again.
    But in the end she will record the album that she want, not yours or mine. Lol
    I mean I just picked those three, have you listened to any of Miranda's albums, because there is a good mix of laid back and rocker songs (with the exception of "The Weight of These Wings") on each of them.

I do hope Carrie has a few different influences on her album, mostly from the traditional country, bluesier styles, and maybe a twangier rock sound. That sounds like a good mix, to me at least. But you're right, she will do what she wants and it will be great, that we can agree on.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    So Miranda vs Carrie talk is back....Oh God.
    adam1995 and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    So Miranda vs Carrie talk is back....Oh God.
    Has it really ever left?
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

aside from Chaser CAA was by far the best thing on ST and no amount of your dissing it or all the other songs will make me believe otherwise.

and not liking TBC out of the box???? I wash my hands of you.lol
    I don't think I dissed the song lol! I just really don't think it fits in with country, but since when did Carrie ever? And, I mean that in the best way possible because she's my favorite artist. It's more of a genre thing for me and not how bad or not a song is.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Has it really ever left?

I haven't been here for all the Carrie vs Miranda stuff, but we should support both artists. I am not Miranda's biggest fan, but I've always admired her. She is country, if anything and I respect that. I don't really think she deserves all the awards against Carrie, but I'm not fully sure if she's the one to be blamed for all that's happening. Maybe she's taking an opportunity that nobody else gets and making the most of it. May not be the best thing to do, and it definitely doesn't seem to make sense when you look at it, but the awards don't matter overall and Carrie will always be an icon no matter what awards she gets or not.

I don't see music as a competition - I prefer the analogy of music as a tapestry, with many different threads, which enrich the whole, and make the whole brighter and more representative of the spectrum of moods that it portrays.

Carrie's very good at what she does, and Miranda's very good at what she does. If they were not different in the sounds, styles and influences they mainly express, the overall musical tapestry would be less complete in the moods and textures it portrays. I appreciate and admire them both - but if the whole female side of the genre ever came to sound, for the most part, more like either one of them, the overall picture would be weaker and less interesting for me.
    txacar, Josh, bluejeanbaby and 4 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan14's Avatar
    ^ I agree, Faraway. A good example of that is Kacey Musgraves. I recently listened to Are You Sure (ft. Willie Nelson) and was blown away by how good she is. It's a totally different kind of country from what Carrie does - it's old-fashioned and traditional, but I liked it. And watching Maren Morris - she has this cool soul/R&B thing going on with her live performances. I like that too

•  
    Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast