Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Concert Stars
    The one from the American Idol finale in '08.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ Carrie's incredible tour and appearances! She upped her vocals and performance skills 1000 times over in the Play On era- it's really remarkable !! Play On came out in Fall of 09- she toured in 10 so it would make the CMA performance of Last Name during that incredible 2010 tour!! The Idol Last Name performance was before she upped her performance skills for the Play On tour.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    ^^^ Carrie's incredible tour and appearances! She upped her vocals and performance skills 1000 times over in the Play On era- it's really remarkable !! Play On came out in Fall of 09- she toured in 10 so it would make the CMA performance of Last Name during that incredible 2010 tour!! The Idol Last Name performance was before she upped her performance skills for the Play On tour.
    HOW? How did her voice miraculously transform like that? Not complaining. Carrie now >>>> SH Carrie >>>>>>>>>> CR Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Random question about Carrie's voice, but what exactly happened from '08 to '09 with her voice? During the CR era, her voice was kinda masculine and closed, but during the PO era, she became more this epic powerhouse. It was weird. Her tone and approach to notes seems completely different to me. It's like she woke up one day and sounded a thousand times better.

In my ears, these are so, so different:
    Carrie Underwood - Last Name - American Idol Results Finale - YouTube
    Carrie Underwood - Last Name - CMA Music Fest 2010 - YouTube
    I remember Carrie sounded different back in Idol days too. Her tone was deeper back then (or more masculine as you call it). Perhaps it has to do with her singing technique.

I don't know the technical terms about the change to her voice, but I feel that Carrie got so much more confident vocally during PO era. She takes more risks vocally, has better control of her voice, does more ad libs during live performances etc. Her tone is clearer and stronger as well.

She did say she felt more relaxed after CR album did well, so maybe that played a part for her vocal improvement too. Combined with more and more experience under her belt and having Mike in her life, I think she has really gained more self-confidence overall in her career.

Coincidentally, I was JUST obsessing over this live performance of "Look At Me", marvelling at her clear and beautiful tone.... but at the same time feeling sad that we don't have a tour performance of this

Concert Stars
    ^^ I think with the Play On tour she really got into her comfort zone performing wise and let her voice and personality soar - she showed confidence and maturity in her vocals , and perhaps the Mike factor had something to do with the confidence

Edit - I love Look At Me - I wish she would do more love songs where she sings lovingly to someone like that, I don't know why she has a problem with it - too shy to get into those feelings onstage - she could do it at the fan club where she felt more comfortable then at her concert with more people

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I remember Carrie sounded different back in Idol days too. Her tone was deeper back then (or more masculine as you call it). Perhaps it has to do with her singing technique.

I don't know the technical terms about the change to her voice, but I feel that Carrie got so much more confident vocally during PO era. She takes more risks vocally, has better control of her voice, does more ad libs during live performances etc. Her tone is clearer and stronger as well.

She did say she felt more relaxed after CR album did well, so maybe that played a part for her vocal improvement too. Combined with more and more experience under her belt and having Mike in her life, I think she has really gained more self-confidence overall in her career.
    If Mike Fisher is inadvertently the reason for this, he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. Carrie's vocals are insane now.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Coincidentally, I was JUST obsessing over this live performance of "Look At Me", marvelling at her clear and beautiful tone.... but at the same time feeling sad that we don't have a tour performance of this

Blech I hate that I never got to see Look At Me, This Time, or Someday When I Stop Loving You live.

Concert Stars
    Mark Bright did encourage her on Carnival Ride cd to sing in a higher key than she did on Some Hearts and she has been singing higher ever since - I actually prefer Carrie's deeper tones

^^ This Tine was so great in the concert when she was in her blue truck flying over the audience and Someday When I stop loving you- Beautiful

Concert Stars
    A vid at youtube Carrie Underwood Someday When I Stop Loving You - Grand Rapids Mi

Concert Stars
    Carrie sang This Time when she was in her blue truck flyin - here's two great videos that show the blue truck

Concert Stars
    Carrie sang This Time when she was in her blue truck flyin - here's two great videos that show the blue truck

I know. I'd seen many videos of SWISLY and TT before my concert rolled around, and I was all pumped to see 'em, but I didn't get either of those at my concert. Instead, I got Randy Travis and Orianthi. I hate to be ungrateful, but I'd rather hear those songs than Randy or 'anthi.

Concert Stars
    Yeah I can see you would be disappointed - the truck experience was amazing - the audience was just pumped as heck the whole time - Even though I would love a different kind of concert from Carrie as she has mentioned - her Play On concert was just so thrilling, it really was magical - I hope she does have another concert like that at some point

The beautiful place of Iloilo, Philippines
    I believe Carrie's voice can do magic with this song...
    See the difference in Hillary's and Carrie's performance... BTW, i love Hillary's demos...

JAD (not demo)
    Hillary

Carrie

SWISLY (demo)
    Hillary (IMO, Hillary kinda sound like Miranda here too, especially in the verses )

Carrie (And who knew that this turned out to be one of Carrie's best tracks? )

JTTW (not demo)
    Hillary

Carrie

You could also hear the difference with Wasted, Starts With Goodbye, and all other Carrie demos...
    And I believe LLA, with Carrie's voice, would sound phenomenal!!!

BTW, the simplicity of the lyrics makes it more amazing to me... There are only less than ten unique lines, but you get the point of the song, plus you can already picture out a lot of images associated with it..
    It's very relate-able, and very catchy especially the repeating parts... But I think it won't be a single, not because it's not single-worthy 'cause I believe it is, but because there will be other songs in the album that would be better singles than this...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I know. I'd seen many videos of SWISLY and TT before my concert rolled around, and I was all pumped to see 'em, but I didn't get either of those at my concert. Instead, I got Randy Travis and Orianthi. I hate to be ungrateful, but I'd rather hear those songs than Randy or 'anthi.
    She didnt sing SWISLY at Hollywood Bowl? didnt remember that, especially with the orchestra there, that was a must.

About the voice...I guess the more she uses it, she sounds better.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I definitely agree with you Nicole. Looking back at Carrie's Last Name performance, it definitely was not her best vocal ever, but she's always been top of her game. But it's like she came back in a year, and whoa, her voice just got better and better! She's really the only artist I can say who's vocals get better with each passing year...it's insane. '10-11 was a really great time for her voice!!

Concert Stars
    I am confused about the lack of happy love songs like Look at Me too, as I thought at one point Carrie said she was writing some more mushy love songs since she got married? I thought she had changed her stance on that, and that we could expect a few more happy love songs like This Time, Quitter, or Look at Me on this album.

So I was surprised when she said she didn't want any happy or mushy love songs on album 4. I wonder what is really holding her back from including them? It seems odd as she is so happy and in love now that I figured we would finally get less boy bashers and more happy love songs. lol

Don't get me wrong--- I love her boy bashing songs too and I love the sound of "Good Girl" so far, as well as Leave Love Alone. I just wanted her to release 1 happy love song to radio finally. lol

^^ I think with the Play On tour she really got into her comfort zone performing wise and let her voice and personality soar - she showed confidence and maturity in her vocals , and perhaps the Mike factor had something to do with the confidence

Edit - I love Look At Me - I wish she would do more love songs where she sings lovingly to someone like that, I don't know why she has a problem with it - too shy to get into those feelings onstage - she could do it at the fan club where she felt more comfortable then at her concert with more people

Concert Stars
    Thanx for doing that for us! I do like Hillary's voice, but I agree that it is quite a bit more twangy then Carrie's, so I can see why she reminds some of Miranda. So with that said-- I have high hopes for Leave Love Alone once we get Carrie's voice on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    I believe Carrie's voice can do magic with this song...
    See the difference in Hillary's and Carrie's performance... BTW, i love Hillary's demos...

JAD (not demo)
    Hillary

Carrie

SWISLY (demo)
    Hillary (IMO, Hillary kinda sound like Miranda here too, especially in the verses )

Carrie (And who knew that this turned out to be one of Carrie's best tracks? )

JTTW (not demo)
    Hillary

Carrie

You could also hear the difference with Wasted, Starts With Goodbye, and all other Carrie demos...
    And I believe LLA, with Carrie's voice, would sound phenomenal!!!

BTW, the simplicity of the lyrics makes it more amazing to me... There are only less than ten unique lines, but you get the point of the song, plus you can already picture out a lot of images associated with it..
    It's very relate-able, and very catchy especially the repeating parts... But I think it won't be a single, not because it's not single-worthy 'cause I believe it is, but because there will be other songs in the album that would be better singles than this...

Concert Stars
    Ok I am hooked on this dang song now. It better be on the album. lol

I really really love the music part. It is so catchy! Impossible not to stomp your boots on the ground to this.

I agree
    What I'm hoping is that they've kept this musical arrangement (thinking back to PO, we also had a chance to hear Hilary sing SWISLY - and they didn't change the backing too much for Carrie's album cut. I hope they stick to that approach this time)

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok I am hooked on this dang song now. It better be on the album. lol

I really really love the music part. It is so catchy! Impossible not to stomp your boots on the ground to this.
    Me too. I really really love it. I think it's perfect. And the repetition of the 'I can't leave love alone' is great because the line can be changed up each time it's sung as well as emphasising the fact that she is as incapable of leaving love alone as she is in stating it....does this make sense...

•  
    Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast