Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar

Carrie's Future Christmas Album: Your ideal tracklist

So every year around this time we start listing Christmas songs we want Carrie to record for her future Christmas album. Every year though, my list changes and I figure other people's lists probably do too.

So what songs would you want to see on a Carrie Christmas album?

In no particular order, mine would look something like this:

1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    2. Silent Night
    3. O Come All Ye Faithful
    4. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
    5. Baby, It's Cold Outside (Duet With Michael Bublé)
    6. O Little Town of Bethlehem
    7. Joy to the World
    8. All I Want For Christmas Is You
    9. Last Christmas
    10. The Little Drummer Boy
    11. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
    12. Original
    13. Original
    Last edited by AnthonyLovesCarrie; 12-21-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I want a Christmas album so badly.
    My tracklist:

1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    2. Silver Bells
    3. White Christmas
    4. Silent Night
    5.O Holy Night
    6. The Christmas Song
    7. Blue Christmas
    8. Joy To The World
    9.. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
    10. Away In A Manger
    11. O Come All Ye Faithful
    12. Who Would Imagine A King
    13. The First Noel
    14. Walking in A Winter Wonderland
    15. Baby It's Cold Outside (Duet)
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 11-25-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Concert Stars
    Flatts, you'd have TWO HYAMLCs?

I'd love to make a tracklist, but apparently I don't know any Christmas music. I don't recognize half the songs posted. My household has only celebrated Christmas once.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Flatts, you'd have TWO HYAMLCs?

I'd love to make a tracklist, but apparently I don't know any Christmas music. I don't recognize half the songs posted. My household has only celebrated Christmas once.
    Good call. It's fixed.

I feel bad for you if you've never heard any of these songs; there are so many fantastic, classic Christmas songs. I'm a sucker for classics; I love all of them. Have you heard the Christmas songs Carrie released during the CR era?

Concert Stars
    By the time I was manically into Carrie, they'd stopped selling those copies, but I proudly admit I illegally downloaded it, so I know those songs. I remember playing Away in a Manger in junior high band, but I couldn't tell you the melody.

Concert Stars
    I admit I have wanted a Xmas album from Carrie for 6 years now-- lol-- and for some reason, she keeps putting it off or saying no to the idea.

I wonder if she is never going to do one for some reason? It is odd as in the past, she has said she loves Christmas songs, and she did want to do a Xmas album at some point. But they keep putting it off, so I am starting to lose hope in the idea.

Same with a Concert DVD. It seems that her team just doesn't do creative marketing like that. Not sure why.

Concert Stars
    She probably doesn't lie wide awake in bed, alone, pondering, "Should I release a Christmas album?" Just a guess.

Concert Stars
    ^ I know. But they need to plan things well in advance and have business plans and goals every year. That is not even Carrie's job or fault at all-- it is her team that needs to plan a Xmas album and stategy for release, etc.

Since Carrie said she wants to do one someday, I guess I was just hoping someday was now... lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    I'll Be Home for Christmas
    Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow
    Blue Christmas
    Joy To The World
    The Christmas Song
    Little Drummer Boy
    Away in a Manger
    White Christmas
    What Child Is This
    Baby It's Cold Outside (duet with Brad)
    Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    O Come All Ye Faithful
    Hark The Herold Angels Sing
    O Little Town Of Bethlehem
    Silent Night
    O Holy Night

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I know. But they need to plan things well in advance and have business plans and goals every year. That is not even Carrie's job or fault at all-- it is her team that needs to plan a Xmas album and stategy for release, etc.

Since Carrie said she wants to do one someday, I guess I was just hoping someday was now... lol
    Carrie could do a Christmas album and a gospel album, and then release it when she has her first child. That will tie us fanatic Carriefans over for awhile.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Carrie could do a Christmas album and a gospel album, and then release it when she has her first child. That will tie us fanatic Carriefans over for awhile.

Carrie still has her career going for her so all hype should be on her own CD; she has PLENTY of time to release a Christmas Album.

As far as creative marketing, they really don't even need to think "outside the box" to promote Carrie well (though thinking "outside the box" certainly would be a big PLUS). Re-releases, big adds in Target, etc. are basic tactics that can be used that have not been already.
    I'm holding out this era for some better promoting to be done, not even thinking BIG, just something like what was done for "Carnival Ride" would be great.

Concert Stars
    Well all I want is for her to give O HOLY NIGHT the HOW GREAT THOU ART treatment...... And make sure to do the 2nd verse this time around.... She is the only one that could give Groban and Dion a run for their money.... LOL

Concert Stars
    Hard Candy Christmas

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wish she would make a Christmas album! For me anything would be perfect as long as Oh Holy Night is on it- I'd love to hear a studio version of it by her.
    1) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    2) All I Want For Christmas is You (I think it'd be really cool if she sang this)
    3) Silent Night
    4) What Child is This
    5) Baby it's Cold Outside (I'd love it if she did a duet with Brad or another big country name)
    6) The First Noel
    7) White Christmas
    8) The Christmas Song
    9) Away in a Manger
    10) The Little Drummer Boy
    11) Maybe an original song? - if not, I guess Joy to the World
    12) Oh Holy Night

Concert Stars
    ^She has done a studio version of Oh Holy Night.....on the special edition Carnival Ride that was available at Walmart two years ago.

Concert Stars
    A non holiday inclusion that could still work on the album (mostly cause I just want her to record it so badly)

a Living Prayer (A.Krauss & Union Station)

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    ^She has done a studio version of Oh Holy Night.....on the special edition Carnival Ride that was available at Walmart two years ago.
    Oh yes! Where is my brain? lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Here's my tracklist in no particular order:

O Holy Night
    Silent Night
    Joy To The World
    My Grown Up Christmas List
    Go Tell It On The Mountain
    O Little Town Of Bethlehem
    Who Would Imagine A King
    O Come All Ye Faithful
    Do You Hear What I Hear
    Let It Snow
    The First Noel
    What Child Is This
    Away In A Manger
    Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    Ave Maria

Concert Stars
    ^ I would love to hear Carrie sing Ave Maria. That would be beautiful.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I admit I have wanted a Xmas album from Carrie for 6 years now-- lol-- and for some reason, she keeps putting it off or saying no to the idea.

I wonder if she is never going to do one for some reason? It is odd as in the past, she has said she loves Christmas songs, and she did want to do a Xmas album at some point. But they keep putting it off, so I am starting to lose hope in the idea.

Same with a Concert DVD. It seems that her team just doesn't do creative marketing like that. Not sure why.
    Carrie has said she doesn't want to record a Christmas album until she's been in the business for 10-15 years. Although I'm dying for one from her, I can understand why she'd want to wait to do a full studio Christmas album. She should have plenty of time to develop her own identity before she releases an album like that. She has plenty of time, too.

I also wish she would release a concert DVD, but she's only been in the business 6 years, and PO was really her first major tour that would've been great to have on DVD because of the amazing visual spectacle. Since Carrie has said she wants to experiment with different environments for each tour, I'm thinking she'll know when the time is right to release a DVD. They are also a ton of work, and it's possible Carrie wasn't interested in releasing a DVD because of everything else she had going on in 2009-2010.

As far as marketing goes, I also agree Artista should be a little bit more creative, but if you think about it, many of their artists don't have incredible marketing opportunities either. No matter what happens, Carrie has the fan support to get her through anything, whether or not her label chooses to give her more opportunities. If worse comes to worse, Carrie will still come out looking just fine when it comes to album sales and touring numbers. I think we just need to think positive and hope for the best. Everything else has fallen into place for Carrie, and she is happier than ever; hopefully some of that good luck will continue into this new era.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast