Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ryan Tedder co-writes with Carrie

Ryan Tedder co-writes with Carrie

So I was browsing through Ryan's wikipedia page and it states that he co-wrote two songs for Carrie called "Where Do We Go From Here" and "This Dance". Are these old songs from the PO era or did I miss something?? Here is the page if you guys want to see. I know wikipedia is pretty unreliable, but I just wanted to make sure what was going on. Thanks!

Ryan Tedder discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ty
    Those were both written for PO. He wrote 3 new songs w/ Carrie for the upcoming album but we don't have those titles yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Those were both written for PO. He wrote 3 new songs w/ Carrie for the upcoming album but we don't have those titles yet.

Oh okay! I figured it was for the PO era, but I just wanted to make sure! Thank you

Concert Stars
    I wonder when the new Tedder songs will be listed? I loved what he did for Adele.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wonder when the new Tedder songs will be listed? I loved what he did for Adele.
    "Turning Tables" is my favorite Adele song.

Ryan is a really talented writer, but I think his pop cuts are far superior to the one song he's contributed to country music (Rascal Flatts "Tonight, Tonight").
    Granted, it's possible for different writers to bring out different strengths, but I wouldn't be surprised if his contributions made him the male Kara Dioguardi of country music.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ I love Ryan Tedder. Turning Tables is such a great song (since we've mentioned Adele) and i think he's had so many other great songs like Bleeding Love or Happy or Halo, I would love to hear what he and carrie would come up with

Concert Stars
    I can understand your point that he might be stronger in pop then country--- but I bet he would be much better then Kara at least. lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    I can understand your point that he might be stronger in pop then country--- but I bet he would be much better then Kara at least. lol
    one word. Turning Tables.
    I know we don't know what songs he's come up with, with Carrie yet but lol, let's share the love of Carrie around. Kara already got her turn with "Play On"! LOL.

Concert Stars
    Turning Tables is one word?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Turning Tables is one word?

suree why not.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    one word. Turning Tables.
    I know we don't know what songs he's come up with, with Carrie yet but lol, let's share the love of Carrie around. Kara already got her turn with "Play On"! LOL.
    True, she already got her turn lol, and unless her co-writes are a masterpiece, I don't want her to have another turn for this 4th album lol!

Seriously though, I'd rather Carrie write with songwriters like Bill Anderson, Vince Gill, Gordie Sampson than with Ryan Tedder. Tedder is a talented POP songwriter. I'm not yet confident of him as a country songwriter. But what do I know, maybe he'll surprise us lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    To me Tedder comes across as someone who just turns out song after song after song just to "throw them against the wall" hoping that whatever artist ends up with the song makes it a hit so he can get $$$$.

Concert Stars
    But when Ryan Tedder gets it right-- it is a HUGE monster hit. That is what I want for Carrie. One Tedder song that is a huge hit-- and the rest of the album with more country songwriters.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    But when Ryan Tedder gets it right-- it is a HUGE monster hit. That is what I want for Carrie. One Tedder song that is a huge hit-- and the rest of the album with more country songwriters.
    When is the key word.

just another fan

i think a song becomes a hit more because of the names it is associated with. it almost seems having the right connections will have get you right promotion and hence a hit song. you can have a great song, but if you don't have the connections and promotion it won't see the light of day.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    i think a song becomes a hit more because of the names it is associated with. it almost seems having the right connections will have get you right promotion and hence a hit song. you can have a great song, but if you don't have the connections and promotion it won't see the light of day.
    I agree -- It's like the song "My Way" was written by Neil Sedaka, but it became famous because Frank Sinatra sang it.

i just hope the song is good.

Ty
    I'm confused as to how anybody can oppose Kara's development but want Tedder's contributions to make the album. I just don't get it. They're both horrible, tbh.

NO Kara, NO Tedder, please Carrie!

New Carrie Fan
    Almost every song mentioned above is a big hit. I m very happy to find a huge collection of superb songs here
    thanks for this nice work done

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast