Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars
    Miranda Lambert has everything to do with Carrie's album release. First, they are friends and they would not want to directly compete against each other for the #1 country album slot. Second, the label wouldn't like that as they need to give each of them prime time promo tv talk shows, publicity, etc.

If they both go on Ellen, Jay Leno, etc, all in the same week, it might be overkill, plus they would be stealing each other's buzz.

The best solution is to have separate release dates so that both can get #1 country albums, and both get all the buzz/hype they deserve without hurting the other by stealing each other's buzz/hype.

I am also pretty sure that there would not be enough open talk show slots all in the same week to fit both of them in to oromote their albums.

They cannot both do GMA, ie, as they would both want to do it on the day the album was released as per Carrie's usual custom--- so one of them would miss out. given how much Overton favors, Miranda, I think Carrie would get the shaft if the label had to pick.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Does the label even control stuff like that. Bc if it comes down to management, carrie owns Miranda. and any talk show would rather have carrie for ratings purposes. Same thing w/ magazine covers.
    becca T

Insane Carrie Fan
    when you have two of the biggest (or has been most visibly in some respects) female country stars, you do NOT want to have them meshed together in near time span.

personally, I would rather Carrie release in December and have ALL the attention and buzz as the only country female artist to release during that time. (having two release in a difference of only 2 weeks might be overkill for the public having TWO big profile artists promoted at nearly same time).

of course Carrie would probably get on a lot more tv shows than Miranda but thing is, there's still another artist next to you promoting HER album while you're trying to promote yours.
    sure, Carrie would most likely get more magazine coverage than Miranda but the spotlight wouldn't be entirely on her. there would still be Miranda news along with Carrie.

I like how in the past, they'd have several weeks apart from each. (i.e. Miranda releasing in October and Carrie in November) that way, each can do their own thing without "bumping" into another.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Does the label even control stuff like that. Bc if it comes down to management, carrie owns Miranda. and any talk show would rather have carrie for ratings purposes. Same thing w/ magazine covers.
    becca T
    If 19 has any say, or Simon Fuller-- Carrie will get all the prime time slots for promo, etc. I agree with what you said normally for sure.

But if Overton the new label head gets to pick-- I worry it will not be Carrie who gets the A-list treatment this time around. Just my gut feeling about the man based on how he treated Carrie last year.

Concert Stars
    Agree with everything you said. It is better to give each artist a chance to get lots of buzz and hype around their album.

December is fine for Carrie as long as it is EARLY December. She would miss out on the CMA Buzz and the AMA buzz for album sales-- but as long as her new single is out, the CMAS and AMAs would still help her promote the new single and help sales of the single.

She would miss Black Friday sales though by a December release, which is why I want her to come out before Black Friday. However, as long as she comes out in early December it will still be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    when you have two of the biggest (or has been most visibly in some respects) female country stars, you do NOT want to have them meshed together in near time span.

personally, I would rather Carrie release in December and have ALL the attention and buzz as the only country female artist to release during that time. (having two release in a difference of only 2 weeks might be overkill for the public having TWO big profile artists promoted at nearly same time).

of course Carrie would probably get on a lot more tv shows than Miranda but thing is, there's still another artist next to you promoting HER album while you're trying to promote yours.
    sure, Carrie would most likely get more magazine coverage than Miranda but the spotlight wouldn't be entirely on her. there would still be Miranda news along with Carrie.

I like how in the past, they'd have several weeks apart from each. (i.e. Miranda releasing in October and Carrie in November) that way, each can do their own thing without "bumping" into another.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    I'm hoping Carrie's album comes out November 22, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread. It would be the week of Black Friday, and it's well after Miranda's release.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyLovesCarrie View Post
    I'm hoping Carrie's album comes out November 22, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread. It would be the week of Black Friday, and it's well after Miranda's release.
    Agree with Nov 22. That will give Miranda's album plenty of time. Sales usually go down drastically after 3 weeks. Definitely would like to see the album be available for purchase during Thanksgiving week.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    becca T

The label controls only the "RECORD PROMOTION" through "advertising and publicity of the album" including releasing of the singles and music videos and their OBJECTIVE is "TO ULTIMATELY REAP A PROFIT FROM ALBUM SALES AND DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF SONGS". "Ann Edelblute' and "Simon Fuller" with the help of "Jessie Schmidt (Schmidt Relations Company) controls the "PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN OF CARRIE" - advertisement or action designed to attract PUBLIC ATTENTION or the INTEREST in "Carrie Underwood and sell Carrie AS A 'TOTAL ARTIST' ", ALL CARRIE'S "products and services" INCLUDING "ALBUMS, CDs", "LIVE CONCERTS", "PRODUCT ENDORSEMENTS - Olay Products and Vitamin Water, etc.""MOTION PICTURES - Soul Surfer and Chronicles of Narnia, etc.", "MAGAZINES", "TELEVISION PERFORMANCES", "T-SHIRTS", etc. ...... centered around the "VISIBILITY OF CARRIE UNDERWOOD" as an artist with the help of "PRESS AND OTHER MASS MEDIA VEHICLES" - "Jessie Schmidt". And they take care of "PUBLIC RELATIONS OF CARRIE", too. They take care of the growth of Carrie's CAREER whereas the label TAKES CARE OF THE "RECORD PROMOTION ONLY" in order TO REAP "A PROFIT FROM THE ALBUM" ...... "NOT FROM CARRIE UNDERWOOD AS 'A TOTAL ARTIST' ". However, "Ann Edelblute" synchronizes her efforts with the "LABEL and the PROMOTER OF THE LABEL" ...... And "VICE VERSA".

"Ann Edelblute" is interested in "Carrie Underwood as A TOTAL ARTIST" ONLY whereas the label is interested on 'BOTH' THE "ALBUMS" of "Carrie" and "Miranda Lambert".

Article at mjsbigblog reporting that Carrie's team is looking into song pitches. I wonder just how many songs they have so far, if they're still looking for new songs.

Carrie Underwood/Sony**/Mark Bright/Late August/City: Nashville, TN/Pitch Preference: CDs/Description: GREAT Carrie songs…the BEST of the BEST only. Please drop off at guard desk…NO MP3s!
    James Durbin, Casey James and More Pitching for Songs | American Idol, Bucky Covington, Carrie Underwood, Casey James, James Durbin | mjsbigblog

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ looks like they're really going for the best of the bests this time.
    I'm really happy to hear Carrie is still looking into new material. seems like Carrie's still open to finding new songs to sew all the pieces together so she can be fully content with it instead of rushing anything

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    ^ looks like they're really going for the best of the bests this time.
    I'm really happy to hear Carrie is still looking into new material. seems like Carrie's still open to finding new songs to sew all the pieces together so she can be fully content with it instead of rushing anything

I agree with you!!! It is a GREAT CONCEPT - the "spontaneous and reversible organization" of 'large amount' of "ideas" and "chemistry" of songwriters ...... And then organized the units into "ORDERED STRUCTURE". Carrie tries a lot of stuff and KEEP WHAT WORKS!!! There is "spontaneity", the interactions among the songwriters with Carrie (Choose THE BEST OF THE BEST) combined with THE BEST OF THE BEST of the other purely songwriters' ideas and ASSEMBLED IT TO A "LARGER STRUCTURE - GREATNESS". Carrie MIMIC the EVOLUTION of "WELL-ADAPTED SPECIES". Carrie INVEST "MORE TIME", "MORE ENERGY" and "MORE IMAGINATION"!!!

Carrie is ONE of the "CROWN JEWELS" of the music industry - widely admired by her peers, LEGENDS and PREMIER ARTISTS ALIKE, and having a long track record of making a significant impact in the music industry. Carrie is "ENDURING and *SUBSTANTIAL* "!!!
    Last edited by lab; 08-19-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Article at mjsbigblog reporting that Carrie's team is looking into song pitches. I wonder just how many songs they have so far, if they're still looking for new songs.

James Durbin, Casey James and More Pitching for Songs | American Idol, Bucky Covington, Carrie Underwood, Casey James, James Durbin | mjsbigblog
    Carrie said they recorded 20 songs in July, and that she just had to do the background harmonies, etc. to finish those songs up.

She did say they needed a few more songs anyway though as they felt like something was missing. So they may have already picked a lead single that is ready to go in September hopefully--- but they are finishing the final few songs and finishing touches on the album.

There is still plenty of time to record a few new songs. For Play On, Carrie was still writing with Neyo, etc, and others pretty late in the Summer or early Fall even, despite the fact that the album came out in November. So I don't think this means the album is being pushed back to 2012.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrie has distinguished HERSELF as "ONE" of "VERY SPECIAL and ELITE BREED of 'ARTISTS' ". Carrie is MORE THAN SUCCESSFUL!!! She is MORE THAN ENDURING!!! She is "ONE" of "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in music industry. Carrie has served as "ONE" of the "ROLE MODELS" - Future "ICON" in music industry.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I'm still sticking with my original guess that we'll get the lead single mid-late September, with the fourth album dropping in November sometime. I think we'll definitely be hearing more information once 'Remind Me' ends its number one run!

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvz3314 View Post
    I'm still sticking with my original guess that we'll get the lead single mid-late September, with the fourth album dropping in November sometime. I think we'll definitely be hearing more information once 'Remind Me' ends its number one run!
    5 more weeks till that :x

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stEEvz3314 View Post

Carrie said at "vh1 or extra I think" that "To me, albums put themselves together." So, the pre-existing "Best 20 songs" components of the FOURTH ALBUM, chopping them to "Best 13 songs" is her "Organized Structure or PATTERN" and will still continue "looking for THE BEST OF THE BEST" song ...... UNTIL THEY START "MAKING A 'CD' ". It is without, EXTERNAL DIRECTION, so to speak. But, Carrie and Mark, has their favorite songs at this time around, already.

If the forecast in Mediabase Chart holds that "Remind Me" will stay three weeks in NUMBER ONE and peak at the week ending September 11, 2011, then, your prediction is right. The LEAD SINGLE will be released as early as "September 12, 2011".

Concert Stars
    I really want the lead single released before september 30th so it makes that grammy cutoff.

Otherwise carries only real chance for a grammy nom this year is remind me or tapfu for movie song.

The song with tony bennett might be eligible for something but with the new rules it is hard to say.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I really want the lead single released before september 30th so it makes that grammy cutoff.

Otherwise carries only real chance for a grammy nom this year is remind me or tapfu for movie song.

The song with tony bennett might be eligible for something but with the new rules it is hard to say.

Your wish is "CARRIE'S COMMAND"!!!

Carrie said that she will go back to do some more vocals over the next couple of weeks in her blog on 08/01/2011. But, she in and out writing some more songs. THIS WEEK, ending 08/14/2011 ...... They are at the FIRST STAGE of the "screening process", "TESTING THE SONG IDEAS' POTENTIAL, STEP BY STEP". Above all, Carrie has the ability "to build and build and build" the album - never stopping, never looking back, never finishing ...... IN THE LAST ANALYSIS, "CARRIE'S GREATEST CREATION" is ....... "Carrie Fans will be ROCKING 'CARRIE'S 2012 LIVE CONCERT TOURS"!!! 'SOLID-AS-A-ROCK' SONGS!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I dont know if I can wait that long. I'm seriously dying.

Some people have said Nov/Dec, but I cant make it to December! This album better be like, the BEST ALBUM ON THE PLANET.

I hope we get songs like : I Know You Won't, Someday When I Stop Loving You, Temporary Home, Wasted, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, Get Out of this Town, and Just A Dream.

Play On was a good album, but I feel like it only had like a few 'greats' (the above mentioned). I only listen to those few songs and I don't listen to the others like Look At Me or Songs Like This. I honestly felt like those two were just kind of thrown together and thrown in there.

I just want her to make music that will last a long, long time and not just fleeting moments of joy. And single releases!

I understand that Carrie does not control her single releases, but who does? Whoever it is is not considering the "whole picture". They are only doing what they think country people will respond to on country radio. Let's look at the whole grand scene of the whole music industry in general.

We need really deep, meaningful songs that resonate with millions....like JTTW or TH. Mama's Song may have been appropriate for her own personal life, but I feel like people forget about it so often.

I just dont want the fourth album to be "forgettable." I want to see high reviews (not that critics opinions matter) but I want to see like a Carrie phenomenon happening all over again like in 2005 2006 2007!!

I only want the best for her. I just hope she writes all the songs and they all come from a deep place.

She needs to do something unexpected!! And original. Just take a leap of faith and expect the fans to absolutely love it.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    I dont know if I can wait that long. I'm seriously dying.

Some people have said Nov/Dec, but I cant make it to December! This album better be like, the BEST ALBUM ON THE PLANET.

I hope we get songs like : I Know You Won't, Someday When I Stop Loving You, Temporary Home, Wasted, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, Get Out of this Town, and Just A Dream.

Play On was a good album, but I feel like it only had like a few 'greats' (the above mentioned). I only listen to those few songs and I don't listen to the others like Look At Me or Songs Like This. I honestly felt like those two were just kind of thrown together and thrown in there.

I just want her to make music that will last a long, long time and not just fleeting moments of joy. And single releases!

I understand that Carrie does not control her single releases, but who does? Whoever it is is not considering the "whole picture". They are only doing what they think country people will respond to on country radio. Let's look at the whole grand scene of the whole music industry in general.

We need really deep, meaningful songs that resonate with millions....like JTTW or TH. Mama's Song may have been appropriate for her own personal life, but I feel like people forget about it so often.

I just dont want the fourth album to be "forgettable." I want to see high reviews (not that critics opinions matter) but I want to see like a Carrie phenomenon happening all over again like in 2005 2006 2007!!

I only want the best for her. I just hope she writes all the songs and they all come from a deep place.

She needs to do something unexpected!! And original. Just take a leap of faith and expect the fans to absolutely love it.
    you just made the anticipation in me just burst. AHH

I should stay away from anything 4th album

•  
    Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast