Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: GOOTT or SS?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get Out Of This Town

8 25.00%
  • So Small

24 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: **ROUND 5: GOOTT vs So Small

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars

**ROUND 5: GOOTT vs So Small

It wasn't an easy feat, but Get Out Of This Town conquered Last Name. Now it faces off against the fan-favorite So Small. Will it be an upset or a clean sweep?? Voting will be open for 4 days!!

Concert Stars
    Hate to do this to GOOTT, but So Small is one of Carrie's best songs ever.

Concert Stars
    Voted for SS too! :'(

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I still love GOOTT!!! To me, one of Carrie's best expressing the emotions of the young and the restless.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Aw man I really don't know. Will have to come back for this one.

Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love both, but "So Small" will always be one of my favorite Carrie ballads. There's something very special about it; I'll always love it.

SS of course

This round makes me sad. GOOTT is one of my all-time fave Carrie songs, and hugely underrated. However, SS is my all-time ultimate fave Carrie song, and I can't ever vote against it.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    So small

For so many reasons, it just has to be So Small! The lead single off of Carrie's second album, her first single with a co-write, those beautiful lyrics and that amazing video. It is no contest for me.

I love both. They're #s 3 and 4 on my top songs of CR list. I'm gonna go with So Small, but it's a super hard choice.

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    "Get Out of This Town" , of course.

"Get Out of This Town" is the song I've listened to the most in life (over 2,100 times).

In term of lyrics, I'm sure that I prefer the lyrics of "Get Out of This Town" and see that this song is much happier than "So Small".

The contents of both songs can be seen as about love.

"Get Out of This Town" has a stronger will because it is about 2 people who are trying to get out of their current situation. And they seem to believe in their own abilities to realize their plan.

"So Small", in contrast, does not have such a strong will. It is a lesson about the people who have tried to climb a mountain without knowing that mountain is just a sand and they forget some true values of their own life. The people in this song didn't know how to get out of their difficult situations, and they wanted to "shut the world out".

I support "Get Out of This Town" because the content which believes in people's own abilities and mentions a strong love

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    This round makes me sad. GOOTT is one of my all-time fave Carrie songs, and hugely underrated. However, SS is my all-time ultimate fave Carrie song, and I can't ever vote against it.
    This. (:

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.
    ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!!
    Lol, it's fine...But, FWIW (@Nicole) I was gonna vote for LN there, which would have tied LN with GOOTT! LN is the superior song by miles.

No, I'm just kidding...I was gonna vote for LN, but it was a hard one...LN just wins on the "fun" card, though

And yes, I'm glad I'm not seeing LN getting pounded right now.

I honestly don't like SS all that much...I've definitely listened to it more than I have GOOTT, and Carrie was definitely possessed by an angel during her CMA performance of the song...But I just disagree with the line "Love is all that matters after all". *shrug* I think knowledge trumps love.

Still a pretty song, though, and an excellent first single and very clearly conveyed the message "Yes, I had one hit album now watch me have the career you're all gonna envy".
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Lol, it's fine...But, FWIW (@Nicole) I was gonna vote for LN there, which would have tied LN with GOOTT!
    Good call on closing the poll, countrymusicfan15.

I think knowledge trumps love.
    You've obviously never seen Digimon because you're wrong. Garudamon trumps Megakabuterimon, therefore love trumps knowledge.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    zero question on this one - SS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I had to vote for GOOTT, only because of the fact that it is so far behind in the votes. I love both songs almost equally, so this was the only way in which I could have been able to decide

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    I wish I could have 14 other chances to vote for "Get Out of This Town" again : )

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast