Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: GOOTT or SS?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get Out Of This Town

    8 25.00%
  • So Small

    24 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: **ROUND 5: GOOTT vs So Small

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,152
    Concert Stars

    **ROUND 5: GOOTT vs So Small

    It wasn't an easy feat, but Get Out Of This Town conquered Last Name. Now it faces off against the fan-favorite So Small. Will it be an upset or a clean sweep?? Voting will be open for 4 days!!

  • #2
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Hate to do this to GOOTT, but So Small is one of Carrie's best songs ever.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan liveasong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,673
    Concert Stars
    Voted for SS too! :'(

  • #4
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,614
    Concert Stars
    I still love GOOTT!!! To me, one of Carrie's best expressing the emotions of the young and the restless.

  • #5
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,785
    Aw man I really don't know. Will have to come back for this one.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,892
    Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    I love both, but "So Small" will always be one of my favorite Carrie ballads. There's something very special about it; I'll always love it.

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan Marie2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,862
    SS of course

  • #9
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    This round makes me sad. GOOTT is one of my all-time fave Carrie songs, and hugely underrated. However, SS is my all-time ultimate fave Carrie song, and I can't ever vote against it.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,825
    So small

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,468
    For so many reasons, it just has to be So Small! The lead single off of Carrie's second album, her first single with a co-write, those beautiful lyrics and that amazing video. It is no contest for me.

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Burst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,318
    I love both. They're #s 3 and 4 on my top songs of CR list. I'm gonna go with So Small, but it's a super hard choice.

  • #13
    Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I'm from _
    Posts
    671
    "Get Out of This Town" , of course.

    "Get Out of This Town" is the song I've listened to the most in life (over 2,100 times).

    In term of lyrics, I'm sure that I prefer the lyrics of "Get Out of This Town" and see that this song is much happier than "So Small".

    The contents of both songs can be seen as about love.

    "Get Out of This Town" has a stronger will because it is about 2 people who are trying to get out of their current situation. And they seem to believe in their own abilities to realize their plan.

    "So Small", in contrast, does not have such a strong will. It is a lesson about the people who have tried to climb a mountain without knowing that mountain is just a sand and they forget some true values of their own life. The people in this song didn't know how to get out of their difficult situations, and they wanted to "shut the world out".

    I support "Get Out of This Town" because the content which believes in people's own abilities and mentions a strong love



  • #14
    Carrie Guru carebearcarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    16,033
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    This round makes me sad. GOOTT is one of my all-time fave Carrie songs, and hugely underrated. However, SS is my all-time ultimate fave Carrie song, and I can't ever vote against it.
    This. (:

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,152
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.
    ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!!

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!!
    Lol, it's fine...But, FWIW (@Nicole) I was gonna vote for LN there, which would have tied LN with GOOTT! LN is the superior song by miles.

    No, I'm just kidding...I was gonna vote for LN, but it was a hard one...LN just wins on the "fun" card, though

    And yes, I'm glad I'm not seeing LN getting pounded right now.

    I honestly don't like SS all that much...I've definitely listened to it more than I have GOOTT, and Carrie was definitely possessed by an angel during her CMA performance of the song...But I just disagree with the line "Love is all that matters after all". *shrug* I think knowledge trumps love.

    Still a pretty song, though, and an excellent first single and very clearly conveyed the message "Yes, I had one hit album now watch me have the career you're all gonna envy".
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Lol, it's fine...But, FWIW (@Nicole) I was gonna vote for LN there, which would have tied LN with GOOTT!
    Good call on closing the poll, countrymusicfan15.

    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I think knowledge trumps love.
    You've obviously never seen Digimon because you're wrong. Garudamon trumps Megakabuterimon, therefore love trumps knowledge.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

  • #18
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,561
    Concert Stars
    zero question on this one - SS

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #19
    Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    490
    Concert Stars
    I had to vote for GOOTT, only because of the fact that it is so far behind in the votes. I love both songs almost equally, so this was the only way in which I could have been able to decide

  • #20
    Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I'm from _
    Posts
    671
    I wish I could have 14 other chances to vote for "Get Out of This Town" again : )
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •