Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: FIFTH single from BA - speculation thread

WAW or LLA or DYTAM

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Sadly a fan who went to the Dauphin concert Sunday tweeted today that Carrie said Cupid will not be on the radio. . So we can rule out cupid as a single which disappoints me. Great song.

unfortunately i tend to agree that we won't get a 5th single - but only because the label always favors Miranda and gives her 5 singles everytime while carrie gets screwed. The Dvd includes 4 videos from her 4 singles which seems to indicate that the era is done. Hope I am wrong!

I am beyond frustrated and upset about this cuz sadly the label gave Miranda yet another 5th single and seems hell bent on stoppining carries albums at 4 singles. . Very unfair especially since Carrie's albums outsell Mirandas and so do her singles.

Again- hope I am wrong.

if we get a 5th single- now that Carrie confirmed it won't be Cupid- i would pick DYTAM or Wine After Whiskey.
    Are we really going to start the whole Sony hates Carrie nonsense AGAIN?
    abbeyjones18 and Pitocco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    It will NEVER stop, JB!!! (LOL)
    JB172 likes this.

I'm pretty much at the point where I don't really care what song gets released next, as long as we get something. lol. I just don't want to go 1+ years without a new Carrie single on the radio again. It feels like the BA era is still new - it just feels too early to end it. BA has only been out for a year.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well I am going to be beyond annoyed if we don't get a 5th single. They have some really great country sounding songs on the album and one of those should at least be a single. I would like DYTAM or WAW as a 5th single. If Carrie is not going to start working on album no. 5 until sometime next year her label needs to keep her on the radio with something.
    Thank you. I am glad someone agrees with me. I am really going to be pissed.

Blown Away is a better album then Play On, so there are many more great single options to choose from that could be big hits as a 5th or even 6th single.

Plus they really need to extend the BA era longer then usual-- not less then usual- due to Sound of Music occupying Carrie's time this Fall. She won't be able to think about the new album till 2014. So they need to extend this era to keep her on the radio longer and keep the fans happy while she is writing the new cd.

It could be 2015 before we get a new album, so I can't see why they would want to cut this era short.

Concert Stars
    When they give her a 5th single like they give Miranda one every time-- and actually support her at award shows for once, and get her an EOTY nomination for the CMAs that she has deserved for about 7 years now-- then I will shut up. Until then- it is not nonsense- but very real.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    When they give her a 5th single like they give Miranda one every time-- and actually support her at award shows for once, and get her an EOTY nomination for the CMAs that she has deserved for about 7 years now-- then I will shut up. Until then- it is not nonsense- but very real.
    Can you 100% without a doubt say that Sony is the one who stops the singles coming out and it's not Carrie? Because if you can't then you need to stop assuming that it is the label.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Can you 100% without a doubt say that Sony is the one who stops the singles coming out and it's not Carrie? Because if you can't then you need to stop assuming that it is the label.
    Tee isn't saying it's a known fact..she is saying what she thinks. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Good In Goodbye is exactly what they need to create more buzz for the album and generate sales. It's the most popular track on the album (rivals Blown Away and TBC). It is guaranteed success and would smash. She recently performed it at the fan club and I really do think it will be the 5th single. Then again she could come out of left field and release Forever Changed which would be fine with me haha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Tee isn't saying it's a known fact..she is saying what she thinks. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions.
    Well IMO I think it's over the top, absolutely, incredibly ridiculous for people to continue to say that Sony hates Carrie and also IMO it's Carrie who doesn't want to put out a 5th single and has ALWAYS been Carrie's decision.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I highly doubt it has been Carrie's decision! It has obviously been the labels choice, Carrie just has a say in what is released! IMO Sony is still trying to "push" Miranda bcs she can't sell without it and Carrie can. Carrie wouldn't need another single to keep her album sales from completely tanking but Miranda does (oh wait they started tanking after the first week).
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well IMO I think it's over the top, absolutely, incredibly ridiculous for people to continue to say that Sony hates Carrie and also IMO it's Carrie who doesn't want to put out a 5th single and has ALWAYS been Carrie's decision.
    I think it's the label that decides the singles and how many are going to be released and not the artist.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    I highly doubt it has been Carrie's decision! It has obviously been the labels choice, Carrie just has a say in what is released! IMO Sony is still trying to "push" Miranda bcs she can't sell without it and Carrie can. Carrie wouldn't need another single to keep her album sales from completely tanking but Miranda does (oh wait they started tanking after the first week).
    You really don't think that Carrie has that kind of pull because I sure in the hell do, she is their # 1 artist so she is going to have more say than anyone else on their roster because if she doesn't get that say, she would be a very attractive "free agent" whenever her contract is fulfilled.
    abbeyjones18 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie knows how much the fans enjoy hearing her music on the radio. I really doubt she is the one who doesn't want more than 4 singles lol
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    I think it's the label that decides the singles and how many are going to be released and not the artist.
    Totally disagree when it comes to the # 1 artist at any label which Carrie is.

Concert Stars
    Well then we shall agree to disagree ; ) and to answer the original question, I want DYTAM as single #5! It'd be perfect.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Speaking of that "free agent" I honestly don't know if I would mind her shopping around for a new deal somewhere else. Sony has screwed her over way too many times at award shoes and there's a better record label out there that would treat her better. But yes I do think that the label has more say than Carrie...they technically OWN HER! She's bound to a contract (that I know many record labels would buy her out of) but the label decides how many singles she gets I bet if Carrie had it her way all tracks would see the light of day!

It has always seemed, in my opinion, that Arista has always been the independent label...the label that let's the artist have more of a say in their music, careers in general.
    JB172 likes this.

I really wanted Cupid's Got a Shotgun - as I said in an earlier thread, I badly want Carrie to reassert her position as a core Country artist, and this would be the best song to do that, in my view. The fact that Brad Paisley has a significant instrumental spot on this track is an added reason to go for it.
    If Sony have ruled it out for radio, I hope it's for reasons inherant in the song itself (either its length, or the sensitivity argument that songs involving firearm references should be avoided at present). I really hope its not that Sony want to define distinct fields for their two leading women artists and keep them there - that would short-change Carrie, who deserves to show her range and versatility. Contemporary Country Rock is an area her radio releases have so far been light on - yet she's good (arguably the better of the two) at it. They wouldn't release SLT in the last era - now it looks as if CGAS wil be another casualty (for whatever the reason)

If it's ruled out, I would like LLA. LLA was one of my favourites when the album came out. It's probably not as emphatic a demonstration to finish on as Cupid would have been, but it could still deliver a similar message.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    It has always seemed, in my opinion, that Arista has always been the independent label...the label that let's the artist have more of a say in their music, careers in general.
    She has way more pull than what some people on here are giving her credit for having and "Mama's Song" being released as a single is a HUGE example of that.

•  
    Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast