Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Single No5: Do you think about me VS Wine after whiskey. Which of them do you prefer?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you think about me

25 40.98%
  • Wine after whiskey

36 59.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Single No 5 : Do you think about me VS Wine after whiskey

Huge Carrie Follower

Single No 5 : Do you think about me VS Wine after whiskey

''Do you think about me'' and ''Wine after whiskey'' are the two fan-favorite songs (as it was revealed by a poll carried out before See you again was released) from Blown Away album that have not been released yet.
    Which of them do you think that it deserves to be single No5 between those two options or which of them do you prefer and why??

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    Between these 2 great songs, I choose "Wine After Whiskey"

Concert Stars
    Don't you think it would be a grand idea to let the current single have at least a week or two inside the top 40 before shooing it out the door? Good grief!
    supercarriefan and gna like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    I think 'Wine After Whiskey' has a more interesting title, is more country and works better live.

I think Do You Think About Me has a much catchier radio hook, so I think it would make a far better single.

Concert Stars
    Goodness, both of them, but if there can only be one, then it has to be Wine After Whiskey.

Concert Stars
    It kind of depends on what response I want it to have.
    AS a single that would generate sales and interest in Carrie as a recording arstist. DYTAM.
    IT has the broadest appeal and, once again, steps outside the norm for her.

WAW does one thing and one thing only. It reiterates what a beautiful singer Carrie is. And that will not change very many peoples minds. (there seem to be a sect of people who don't like Carries voice. Seems odd to me but it is what it is). You will not win them, regardless. And the people who appreciate Carrie singing ITYS, already know how well she sings and probably already own the album. The "country radio" crowd who may like this song on the radio are not album buyers anyway. So you see, it has little effect. IT won't sell well on Itunes. And it will simply remind the world that Carrie Underwood is one of the best vocalists around today.

So, What do we want; Albums sold? / Artist reputation?

At this point, I am not sure alot more product will move. I don't think Sony is going to put alot more on shelves. But "If" we get a 5th single, which I am kind of doubting we will, it should probably be DYTAM. Its the only one that has the potencial to move product and sell on itunes.

WAW will end up like many of the best vocals Carrie has ever layed down, saved for the people who want to commit to buying the album.
    PRGuy79 likes this.

Neither of these would be my first choice - but of the two of them, I'd much prefer WAW

I know DYTAM is liked by many, but I'm afraid I've always thought of it as one of the lighter and less standout songs on "BA". While it would undoubtedly give Carrie another radio hit, I think it would do little to enhance her reputation, or reinforce the impression of this album as a major step upwards for her. For that, I do think a stronger and more unusual song would be better.

Both songs are built around a similar theme - a woman's regret that new loves can't recapture the special emotions she felt in an earlier relationship she looks back on, but can't recapture. However, the regret is stronger and more deeply contrasted in WAW. In DYTAM, the main metaphor for the attraction of the past is that the new love tries to sing the same song, but always sounds a little off key. That is a good metaphor - but not as forceful or dramatic as the contrast between wine and whiskey. The latter, to me, sounds both more anguished and more mature.

I would compare WAW thematically with the RM duet. Both are mature, emotional songs. RM refers to an earlier stage in a powerful but jaded relationship, in which the couple are trying to get back to the passionate excitement they once knew. WAW refers to a stage where a passionate relationship has already ended, and the woman shows her pain in not being able to recapture, or match it. Both are big steps up for Carrie - the important difference being that WAW is Carrie's own song, and an example of her growing power as a songwriter.

I think WAW is a great album track - and it would have been one of my choices for a "new level" mid-era single release. Now though, I think the more pressing stylistic need is to go out on a high impact Country Rock single.
    showheryoucare likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I really want DYTAM! But, I wouldn't complain if WAW is chosen!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think of the two of them I'd prefer Do You Think About Me after See You Again but Wine After Whiskey is probably the better song. I'd be really happy (and pleasantly surprised) with either. If she was to go with WAW she can release a happy, sweet song as her debut single for her fifth studio album titled "After the Storm" and then release Oklahoma Wind as the second single. Am I thinking too far ahead?

Concert Stars
    I don't mind. Both of them are flawless. But the people need to here WAW. It's flawless.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Concert Stars
    WAW has the power to stop you in your tracks. Carrie's vocal is just magical. After SYA, a more traditional song would be good IMO.

It would be a shame for the world not to hear this gem.
    nccountrygal likes this.

If there is going to be 6 singles, then I'd go with DYTAM and then WAW. If there's only going to be 5 singles, I'd prefer WAW get the release as it would strengthen both Carrie's country credibility this era plus her songwriting skills.
    nccountrygal likes this.

I feel like we really need more polls.
    Pitocco likes this.

Concert Stars
    I go with WAW!!!! Radio would go nuts with it!!!!!!

Between the two, Wine After Whiskey all the way!

However, if we could get more than 4 singles, I'd like this to be the order:

1. Good Girl - February to June
    2. Blown Away - July to October
    3. Two Black Cadillacs - November 12 to March 13
    4. See You Again - April 13 to July 13
    5. Leave Love Alone - August 13 to November 13 (I think Carrie needs an Arena jam song on the radio this era like Last Name/Undo It)
    6. Wine After Whiskey - December 13 to March 14
    7. Good In Goodbye - April 14 to July 14

Album #5 released in October/November

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    If there is going to be 6 singles, then I'd go with DYTAM and then WAW. If there's only going to be 5 singles, I'd prefer WAW get the release as it would strengthen both Carrie's country credibility this era plus her songwriting skills.
    My thoughts exactly.

If we are getting 6 singles, I want DYTAM. If we are getting 5, I want WAW, because NOT releasing it as a single would be a huge mistake.

I know I've said this before, but if Carrie wanted to go 6-7 singles deep with PO, she better have the same mindset with BA.

BA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PO
    liveasong and epicamends like this.

Tbh, I really want at least one fun, happy, upbeat single this era. For me, the songs that fit that the best and would be good radio singles are DYTAM, Cupid and LLA. But if we're only getting 5 singles, then I really want Carrie's amazing songwriting skills to be showcased with a WAW release. The world needs to know that side of Carrie, and that side of her songwriting.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Leave Love Alone or Good in Goodbye!

Everybody here know what I think about DYTAM! lol

And WAW is a good song but not for radio. JMO

I think WAW is a great song for radio. As much as I love GIG, I've never quite been able to picture it as a radio single. Whereas I feel like WAW has a stronger hook, especially in the chorus, that people could grab onto more easily, while still having emotional and relatable lyrics like GIG also does.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast