Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Single Number 4

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Single Number 4

Well somebody had to start it. Now I get the first vote.
    First pick, CGS.
    Second pick, WAW.
    Third pick, DYTAM ... Not my favorite, but it would make a good single, as long as it isn't OWT
    Manchs, Claire2004 and teesharky like this.

OWT, just no. The best choices are DYTAM and WAW. I would go with the latter, it would be more successful, even though I like the former more.
    Schrodinger likes this.

really single #4 discussion already? the 2bc era hasn't even started yet. #onlyatCarriefans

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Well somebody had to start it. Now I get the first vote.
    First pick, CGS.
    Second pick, WAW.
    Third pick, DYTAM ... Not my favorite, but it would make a good single, as long as it isn't OWT
    Don't know if I see CGS as a single, it's a fun song to play during concerts but I don't know if it could be picked as a single
    I love WAW but it would certainly never be a single (unfortunatly) because Carrie hasn't even picked it for the BA tour (as well as SYA, and other favourite of mine)
    DYTAM would definitely be a great single!!

For myself I would see maybe NETY as the 4th single & that will change from her 3 first "dark" singles, lol
    And I would love to see OWT as a single, that would be fun as the song is pretty different from the other single Carrie has already recorded

Probably will be the last single. I want Cupid's, if this will be really the last single. If we get a 5th single, I prefer Do You Think About Me or One Way Ticket as the 4th, and after Cupid's as the 5th
    underwoodfanfrance likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    OWT. Why? Because of the huge success of Pontoon. It's the perfect time leading up to summer to release a fun springbreak/summer song that all demographics can enjoy. Plus, I believe the photo shoots in the CD jacket are a clue to the single releases. So far GG, BA, and now TBC all have had individual full size photos setting them apart.
    underwoodfanfrance likes this.

First pick: WAW
    Second pick: LLA
    Third pick: DYTAM
    quincyeyes likes this.

CF: never living in the present, always worrying about the future. lol.

My pick for single 4 will depend on when exactly it will be released.
    gaycarebear, Pi314CA and liz278 like this.

if 2bc peaks before late March than Cupid got a shotgun, or leave love alone. and if i2bc peaks after late march than OWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    First pick: WAW
    Second pick: LLA
    Third pick: DYTAM
    Forgot about LLA. That one is definitely a contender too. I think we should start making massive waves about WAW being a single. It would be a wasted opportunity if not released, just like WCIS and SWISLY were.

Concert Stars
    If 2BC peaks earlier like in March, then I pick Cupid or DYTAM next....then OWT in the Summer-- then close the album out with either Cupid or DYTAM in the fall, whichever song was not used yet.

They really need to go 6 singles strong on this album. There are too many good songs.

I want WAW so bad aas a single-- but it is not performed on tour-- so it is very unlikely.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneal View Post
    I believe the photo shoots in the CD jacket are a clue to the single releases. So far GG, BA, and now TBC all have had individual full size photos setting them apart.
    Interesting point!
    If you're right, that means my beloved "Leave Love Alone" is going to be a single

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Interesting point!
    If you're right, that means my beloved "Leave Love Alone" is going to be a single
    I'd be cool with that! I know it's not super popular around here (though I'll never understand why), but LLA has been one of my faves since day one. I've always been able to picture it playing on the radio. It's so much fun to blast in the summer with the windows rolled down.

Concert Stars
    I thought that the album photos depicted the singles. I pointed it out to my husband and he thought I was reading too much into it. Maybe not???
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    I personally like WAW more than LLA.

Concert Stars
    This thread is absolutely pointless right now.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I personally like WAW more than LLA.
    Oh, me too. WAW is tied for my fave song on the album. But my hopes of it being a single are very, very slim. Unless it gets added to the set list for the second leg. haha

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    CF: never living in the present, always worrying about the future. lol.

My pick for single 4 will depend on when exactly it will be released.
    Agreed. It all depends on when TBC peaks + when the next single is released.

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    I agree that it's crazy to be staring this thread right now since we just got news on the 3rd single. But I will say that the album has a lot of strong songs that I can see as singles. It would be really hard to go wrong even if they decide to release a curveball (since each album has had one of those). And honestly right now Carrie can do no wrong on radio. For me personally, i've at least liked every song on the album at some point so I could get behind anything.

Concert Stars
    To be honest, I love Two Black Cadillacs - but I was a bit disappointed that it was released right after Blown Away. This is three singles in a row that certainly push the boundaries and I'm worried that the public soon may get sick of it and think she's taking advantage of it.

Single number four surely has to be one of the more up beat hillbilly country tracks on the album, Cupid's Got a Shotgun or Leave Love Alone, because although Blown Away and Two Black Cadillacs are certainly dramatic they are both mid-tempo based songs. Also during the spring and summer I think Cupid's Got a Shotgun or Leave Love Alone would sound amazing on the radio and she can easily promote the single at the ACMS and CMT awards. I'd like to see Wine After Whiskey or Good in Goodbye as a single eventually but I just don't see it happening now. The label could stick to a safer choice and make Nobody Ever Told You or Do You Think About Me as single number four which would suck because there are far better songs on the album to choose as a single.

To sum it up -
    My choices for single #4
    1st: Leave Love Alone
    2nd: Cupid's Got a Shotgun
    3rd: One Way Ticket

What the label probably wants as single #4
    1st: Nobody Ever Told You
    2nd: Do You Think About Me
    3rd: See You Again

If See You Again is released - I think it would be a terrible choice and do utterly awful on all the country charts & since Carrie refuses to promote songs as pop I don't see it doing well on the pop charts and radio well either.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast