Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Single Number 4

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I think it was smart to release TBC now. It sounds NOTHING like BA or GG. It's one of the very best songs on the Album and it makes no sense to hold onto it for later. I can't understand why folks think it's pushing the boundaries? Some of the very best songs on radio right now are different sounding and have no traditional country sound at all. Little Big Town's Tornado and the Band Perry's "Better Dig Two" will be two of the biggest hits along with TBC.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneal View Post
    I think it was smart to release TBC now. It sounds NOTHING like BA or GG. It's one of the very best songs on the Album and it makes no sense to hold onto it for later. I can't understand why folks think it's pushing the boundaries? Some of the very best songs on radio right now are different sounding and have no traditional country sound at all. Little Big Town's Tornado and the Band Perry's "Better Dig Two" will be two of the biggest hits along with TBC.
    Tornado is definately a traditional sounding - it's almost a Western sounding songs. Carrie though released three singles in a row pushing the boundaries, I'm sure a lot of her older demographics are waiting for one of the more traditional sounding songs to be released to. Yes it's amazing that she's able to release single after single that'll garner her new fans, but she also has to keep the fans she has happy - and there are fans who probably want to see Leave Love Alone, Wine After Whiskey and even a song like Thank God for Hometowns released as a single. Even if it's only one single, it can make a huge difference and shows she's still sticking to her traditional routes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    This thread is absolutely pointless right now.
    And your point?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    ^ I think LLA will be the last single after OWT. LLA is Country enough but still has that uptempo foot stomping vibe. I just don't feel like this era is going to have any slow ballads for singles.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Lol at how we're already thinking/worrying about the 4th single 16 days before the 3rd one is even released.
    I guess it depends on when TBC peaks. I would love DYTAM as the next single, or if TBC takes a long time to peak maybe OWT for summertime!
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezik View Post
    Tornado is definately a traditional sounding - it's almost a Western sounding songs. Carrie though released three singles in a row pushing the boundaries, I'm sure a lot of her older demographics are waiting for one of the more traditional sounding songs to be released to. Yes it's amazing that she's able to release single after single that'll garner her new fans, but she also has to keep the fans she has happy - and there are fans who probably want to see Leave Love Alone, Wine After Whiskey and even a song like Thank God for Hometowns released as a single. Even if it's only one single, it can make a huge difference and shows she's still sticking to her traditional routes.
    I do agree that she needs to release some of the countrier, more cheerful songs next. I am ok with TBC now though I preferred it later in the album cycle. But she HAS to go more country next, and more cheerful.

Concert Stars
    ^ I think LLA will be the last single after OWT. LLA is Country enough but still has that uptempo foot stomping vibe. I just don't feel like this era is going to have any slow ballads for singles.
    Cupid is a Carrie cowrite though, and one of the best songs she ever wrote. Plus it is very country. So I would actually prefer it to LLA, though I do love LLA. I want WAW, but since it is not played on tour, I have given up on it sadly.

But I hope they go 6 songs deep, as I want DYTAM and Cupid to both be singles, if WAW is passed over. And we need OWT for the summer.
    dsfox2009 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Leave Love Alone is my pick! Then end the era with Wine After Whiskey!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    And your point?
    my point is that why are we talking about single number 4 when the third is not even at radio yet. Isnt there a thread already dedicated to picking the singles? Why clog up the news feed with a brand new thread.

I get its not all serious but cmon.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    my point is that why are we talking about single number 4 when the third is not even at radio yet. Isnt there a thread already dedicated to picking the singles? Why clog up the news feed with a brand new thread.

I can't imagine why it would bother someone that we are discussing future singles. This is a fan forum.
    underwoodfanfrance likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Well, at least this brand new thread is in the appropriate category so as to not clutter up another thread. Thanks, Schrodinger for setting it up.

A totally OT thought: every time I read "Schrodinger" my mind immediately wanders off to quantum physics.

Oh, btw, I prefer LLA over NETY/DYTAM for single #4. But my first choice is WAW. Please, please, Carrie... release that gem.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    I can't imagine why it would bother someone that we are discussing future singles. This is a fan forum.
    I didnt say it bothered me I just said its a pointless new thread.

Doesnt matter, its done and over with.

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    I would like to choose "Leave Love Alone" or "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" as the next single.

The main reason is: these are 2 songs which maintain the mainstream country the most.

Otherwise, "Wine After Whiskey" may be the choice.

Hopefully the number of singles will not end up being 3. Of course, I'd love all the other choices by Carrie
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Follower
    For people like me that dont like 2BC at all, I have to think ahead to single 4. I am already less than thrilled with the single choices from this era, and I really hope that she chooses something more traditional (LLA, CGAS, WAW) as I am quite honestly losing interest. The difference between 2BC and Tornado/Better Dig Two is that the latter songs are both country, catchy, and sound fresh.

I know I will anger pretty much everyone with this post, but oh well. I look forward to about 4 months from now when the new single is announced.....

Concert Stars
    I agree that the booklet is hinting at singles; which picture goes with LLA though??

I would personally LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE LLA as a single, but I think the reaction to it will either be very very positive or very very negative. I think it would need a really fun and awesome video to really nail it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I was seeing comments about the forth single in a couple of unrelated threads. So to head off the musings starting to be randomly sprinkled in the forums I thought I'd create a new thread for the fourth single. Despite your consternation, you are not going to stop early speciation, not on CF. Also, there was a thread about the third single - so to keep things organized I setup the a fourth single thread. So relax, enjoy the insanity. Crazy is fun, no really it is, trust me on this one.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    the next single HASSS to be a happy one.. LOL

single #4 - DYTAM
    single #5 - OWT (summer time single)!!!

Ty
    Wouldn't the 4th single be the summer single? TBC will probably peak around April/May, right?

Well IM SURE that One Way Ticket will be a single!!

OWT will be released in time for the ACM in April and will be a huge hit in the summer. (plus, is a Carrie co-write)

Then the last single I would like WAW to be released last. (plus, is a Carrie co-write)

Please NOT DYTAM!!! that song is freaking boring! I hear that song when I cant sleep, its very good for that! lol (plus is NOT Carrie co-write)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    I was seeing comments about the forth single in a couple of unrelated threads. So to head off the musings starting to be randomly sprinkled in the forums I thought I'd create a new thread for the fourth single. Despite your consternation, you are not going to stop early speciation, not on CF. Also, there was a thread about the third single - so to keep things organized I setup the a fourth single thread. So relax, enjoy the insanity. Crazy is fun, no really it is, trust me on this one.

okay I admit defeat on that one lmao

•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast