Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: DYTAM listed on Wikipedia as next single.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    First I know alot of you are crazy about DYTAM, I'm really not. It is interesting though at the Boston CMA Songwriters Series, Carrie said that she wanted TBC to be a single. Another reason I'm not as gung ho about DYTAM it was not one of Carrie's write, it was written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsey, Shane Stevens. I know it is Carrie's rule that the best songs win, but I kind like to root for one where she gets co-write creds. She has become a great songwriter and another top ten single with her as a co-writer would be cool. I know that this isn't a popular as choice as others, but besides 2BC I'd like to see CGaS, provided it tests out as a good single. Why, it is as country as you can get, it's funny, it has a great hook, catchy as hell and Brad plays on it. WaW is okay too.
    there needs to be space between BA and TBC. I say TBC for next fall.
    Becca
    Schrodinger and bearball49 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    there needs to be space between BA and TBC. I say TBC for next fall.
    Becca
    I totally get that - two dark songs back to back. But what is wrong with CGAS? I love the song. Is it too frivolous? I think DYTAM is too mushy and saccharine for Carrie as a single. The best way I can describe it is a cotton candy song. But whatrever is released will be great. Just rooting for my songs

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I wouldn't believe that because sometimes they change it right after they posted it so i wouldn't believe it yet....
    Countryfan2448 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I totally get that - two dark songs back to back. But what is wrong with CGAS? I love the song. Is it too frivolous? I think DYTAM is too mushy and saccharine for Carrie as a single. The best way I can describe it is a cotton candy song. But whatrever is released will be great. Just rooting for my songs
    I probably would have said the same until I saw how well Ours did by Taylor. DYTAM is more country, written better, and has better vocals, so I am confident it will do well, especially with the teen fanbase

First I know a lot of you are crazy about DYTAM, I'm really not. It is interesting though at the Boston CMA Songwriters Series, Carrie said that she wanted TBC to be a single. Another reason I'm not as gung ho about DYTAM it was not one of Carrie's write, it was written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsey, Shane Stevens. I know it is Carrie's rule that the best songs win, but I kind like to root for one where she gets co-write creds. She has become a great songwriter and another top ten single with her as a co-writer would be cool. I know that this isn't a popular as choice as others, but besides 2BC I'd like to see CGaS, provided it tests out as a good single. Why, it is as country as you can get, it's funny, it has a great hook, catchy as hell and Brad plays on it. WaW is okay too.
    100% Agree!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    NOO its too early!!! BA hasnt even gone #1 on country or top 10 on hot 100

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bs63093 View Post
    NOO its too early!!! BA hasnt even gone #1 on country or top 10 on hot 100
    I think we are all presuming that the next single won't come out until BA loses wind (Did I mention I love puns )
    teesharky and liveasong like this.

Wikipedia will never be a source for me, lol. I'm going to wait until Carrie and the label annouce something.

Concert Stars
    **DISCLAIMER** I never said the source was credible or that I believed it...just a topic for discussion
    (i.e. please dont think Im a complete dumbass)
    teesharky, Lstname89 and Cps235 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    First I know a lot of you are crazy about DYTAM, I'm really not. It is interesting though at the Boston CMA Songwriters Series, Carrie said that she wanted TBC to be a single. Another reason I'm not as gung ho about DYTAM it was not one of Carrie's write, it was written by Cary Barlowe, Hillary Lindsey, Shane Stevens. I know it is Carrie's rule that the best songs win, but I kind like to root for one where she gets co-write creds. She has become a great songwriter and another top ten single with her as a co-writer would be cool. I know that this isn't a popular as choice as others, but besides 2BC I'd like to see CGaS, provided it tests out as a good single. Why, it is as country as you can get, it's funny, it has a great hook, catchy as hell and Brad plays on it. WaW is okay too.
    Another top 2 single :P
    Schrodinger likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    **DISCLAIMER** I never said the source was credible or that I believed it...just a topic for discussion
    (i.e. please dont think Im a complete dumbass)

no worries-- no one thinks you that. It is still cool to see the song listed on wiki even if it is rubbish. lol

I hope it is true though. That song has grown and grown on me so much that it may be my 2nd all time favorite Carrie song ever right now, behind only Wasted.

Concert Stars
    People are just wrong that are saying DYTAM would not be a good single because it would be an excellent one -- wink wink (of course I am saying that mainly because I love love love it, lol ). All songs don't have to be epic in nature like a BA - just fun songs to sing to once in a while. But in all seriousness, I have friends that are not even big Carrie fans/followers and they love that song and when we are all in the car together and I force them to listen to Carrie, they always ask me to turn to that song and skip the rest, lol. And I have heard other people outside this forum comment on it also. This young actor (can't remember his name - but was someone I would not have thought would like that kind of song - tweeted one day that song was his new favorite country song. Just saying I think it will be a very well received song - just my opinion. And not all of it is because I love it but also because I have thought for a long time that Carrie should release a song like this that is just easy to sing to an overall easy going song. We have heard people say they like Taylor's songs because, like them or not, they say her songs are easy to sing to on the radio (I can't relate to them one single bit but still, I do hear that all the time). Tee, in the msg below had the right words that I was trying to find - happy lighthearted song.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars

I love CGAS and if it is the next single instead of DYTAM, I am fine with that choice. I personally want DYTAM next, then CGAS in the spring around Valentine's Day for the Cupid theme. They could release Cupid's video on Valentine's day.

Brad could play guitar in the video and Little Jimmy Dickens could be cupid. ha ha

I adore the song, and it would show a country side of Carrie to the industry that they have never really seen before.

The reason I love DYTAM too though is that-- for once-- it is a happy light song. I feel she doesn't release enough happy, light hearted songs or love songs. I loved both GG and BA, and all her songs really-- but I think sometimes people need a break from the dramatic intense BIG songs like BA or JTTW or GG, etc.

Carrie needs to show a different, lighter side of her, and it needs to be next. So either Cupid or DYTAM will work.

Save WAW and TBC for later. I don't want another dark song next.
    pkc4rls, Schrodinger and dsfox2009 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I love CGAS and if it is the next single instead of DYTAM, I am fine with that choice. I personally want DYTAM next, then CGAS in the spring around Valentine's Day for the Cupid theme. They could release Cupid's video on Valentine's day.

Brad could play guitar in the video and Little Jimmy Dickens could be cupid. ha ha

I adore the song, and it would show a country side of Carrie to the industry that they have never really seen before.

The reason I love DYTAM too though is that-- for once-- it is a happy light song. I feel she doesn't release enough happy, light hearted songs or love songs. I loved both GG and BA, and all her songs really-- but I think sometimes people need a break from the dramatic intense BIG songs like BA or JTTW or GG, etc.

Carrie needs to show a different, lighter side of her, and it needs to be next. So either Cupid or DYTAM will work.

ROFLO - Oh the image of that video - that would be hysterical.

Given that Carrie hates chick flicks ( yet another reason I like her, wonder if she thinks Die Hard is the best Christmas movie ever) doesn't get mushy gushy stuff and dislikes 95% love songs, she must see something in this one to even have it on the album. So hey if it is the next single, I'll be leading the parade.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    Don't know if this has any validity, but it's there

Blown Away (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thoughts?

Photo evidence:
    Attachment 29047
    I saw this, too, and my heart jumped for joy! Then, I remembered I was on Wikipedia and that any doofus (except me, so I guess that means I'm less competent than a doofus) could edit the content, so my heart sank. I think this single-guessing game is really fun, though. And it is made all the more fun by having so many great options to choose from on this album. I'm still rooting for and guessing that DYTAM is next.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

I REALLY want DYTAM next, but I don't think there'd be time for Cupid before the summer single (I assume OWT). Its best to have the summer sing released in april so that it smashes in the middle of summer or beginning of summer.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    How many singles do you see off this album. She had 4 from PO right?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I REALLY want DYTAM next, but I don't think there'd be time for Cupid before the summer single (I assume OWT). Its best to have the summer sing released in april so that it smashes in the middle of summer or beginning of summer.
    Becca
    Really good point. So, if DYTAM is released in mid- to late-fall, OWT is released in mid- to late-spring, then I'm guessing that would leave CGASG and TBC fighting for the fifth single spot in the Fall of 2013. Which one wins? And if that happens, do they opt for an almost unprecedented sixth single?

Gosh, I love this!

Concert Stars
    How many singles do you see off this album. She had 4 from PO right?
    Right. 4 from Play On. I'm guessing there will be 5 from Blown Away. BUT, I think we all agree that there is potential for more. I feel sorry for the team who has to make cuts to single options on this one.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    ROFLO - Oh the image of that video - that would be hysterical.

Given that Carrie hates chick flicks ( yet another reason I like her, wonder if she thinks Die Hard is the best Christmas movie ever) doesn't get mushy gushy stuff and dislikes 95% love songs, she must see something in this one to even have it on the album. So hey if it is the next single, I'll be leading the parade.
    DYTAM is misleading as people would think it is a romantic love song for a special someone...
    Carrie clarified in one interview that it is really for an ex-boyfriend... but I can see why people would think it is a mushy love song...
    I do wish it was a love song... but oh well, you can hardly tell it's about an ex-boyfriend...

•  
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast