View Poll Results: The 3rd single will be...

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do You Think About Me

56 50.00%
  • Two Black Cadillacs

21 18.75%
  • Wine After Whiskey

7 6.25%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

12 10.71%
  • One Way Ticket

2 1.79%
  • Leave Love Alone

0 0%
  • See You Again

4 3.57%
  • Good In Goodbye

8 7.14%
  • Who Are You

1 0.89%
  • Other- FC, TGFH, NETY

1 0.89%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: What will be single #3?

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars

What will be single #3?

it's been awhile since we've had a poll like this. What song do you think will be released as single #3? Is DYTAM still the overall consensus? Or has a new song emerged as the front runner?

I like the idea of DYTAM as the 3rd single. It's sweet, light, and different from the other singles Carrie has released so far. As long as WAW will also be a single down the road I'm with DYTAM as the 3rd single.

Concert Stars
    I was on the TBC bandwagon because I was afraid this one would escape release, but based on Carrie's statement at the Songwriters event, I don't think I need to worry anymore. So I'll give my vote to DYTAM. It'll be a nice breather between monster songs. And it's one of my favorites from the album. It'll be a nice change of pace to have a "happy" Carrie song on the radio.

Concert Stars
    TBC is a big hitter and my favorite for #3. You don't save big hitters for later. Selling albums is the primary goal. Strike while the iron is hot is the way I see it. TBC will definitely keep a high profile going into the holidays.

^^Agree with Nicole, I think it's safe to say that TBC will be a single, with Carrie's comments during the CMA Songwriter Series and the comment during the album listening party with the few select fans that there is already a radio edit ready.

I am a bit worried about WAW's chances actually. I don't think Carrie has said anything about it except that it was from the PO era and that a few from her team convinced her to include it on BA.

Carrie Guru
    2 black cadillacs

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Definitely on the DYTAM bandwagon for single #3. Followed by Cupid, then 2BC and finally Wine After Whiskey but if they go with a 6th single I think Carrie's team will go with OWT or GIG because they will think it as a safer choice.

I would love to see Carrie performing Two Black Cadillacs in this year CMA and AMA awards!!! Im sure all the people in the audience will be shocked after the TBC performance!

Plus everybody in Carrie youtube videos want this song for next single!

Plus AMAZING MUSIC VIDEO!

Plus its a seller album!

Plus is a Carrie co-write!

So its the perfect choice for third single! just saying ...
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Never has Carrie had quite so many truly epic songs to choose from. I love the idea of 2BC but I think it is time to show Carrie fans that are a lot happier with her lighter songs that Carrie is still going to be doing happy songs. While most people will agree that BA is a career making song, a lot really do not like the darker songs. Since she put plenty of both on the album, perhaps it is time to go for diversity. DYTAM is just light enough and has a nice melody well. It was not my original choice for 3 but this album leaves me wanting everyone to be able to see the beauty and diversity of this album. While WAW is not my favorite song, I think that it might go a long way towards convincing some that she remembers her country roots and is capable of penning and singing one. There are just so many good songs on this album that people are truly missing the boat if they don't puchase it.....picking up an occasional single is just not going to cut it.

Concert Stars
    I LOVE DYTAM as single three. here's my only concern. DYTAM is a cutesy song, which Carrie does not generally sing, and there are other artists who sing MANY of them. I think Carrie has been VERY smart in releasing songs that are so unlike anything anyone else has released, and therefore demanded airplay, if that makes sense. I'm just afraid that if she releases a song with themes similar to that already on radio it'll get lost in the crowd.

I want 2BC as a single at some point, but not immediately after Blown Away. Though thematically they are very different, they both share that same kind of "epic" quality to them, which I think will make Two Black Cadillacs kindda get lost in the shadow of Blown Away, which i DONT want to happen, it deserves MAJOR attention.

I think I might be on the very very VERY small bandwagon that is pulling for Leave Love Alone (though they better release, at some point, Wine After Whiskey, One Way Ticket and Two Black Cadillacs)

i'll be ok with 2 BC, SYA, or CGASG for single #3; DYTAM for single #4 i think it would be better if carrie sings that song at the grammies or the billboard music awards, if she is going to be performing at one of those.
    simonplay likes this.

Concert Stars
    DYTAM sounds good to me. But, TBC must be released after that.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    I LOVE DYTAM as single three. here's my only concern. DYTAM is a cutesy song, which Carrie does not generally sing, and there are other artists who sing MANY of them. I think Carrie has been VERY smart in releasing songs that are so unlike anything anyone else has released, and therefore demanded airplay, if that makes sense. I'm just afraid that if she releases a song with themes similar to that already on radio it'll get lost in the crowd.

I want 2BC as a single at some point, but not immediately after Blown Away. Though thematically they are very different, they both share that same kind of "epic" quality to them, which I think will make Two Black Cadillacs kindda get lost in the shadow of Blown Away, which i DONT want to happen, it deserves MAJOR attention.

I think I might be on the very very VERY small bandwagon that is pulling for Leave Love Alone (though they better release, at some point, Wine After Whiskey, One Way Ticket and Two Black Cadillacs)
    I LOVE Leave Love Alone I just never new a bandwagon existed for it lol. I would love if she released it at some point.

you guys keep saying how carrie should release DYTAM at me as single #3 because it is different from what carrie has done before; and that is why it should be released as single #4 not single #3, CGAST for single number 3 because it is the countriest song, on the album and can be performed on country music biggest night; DYTAM for single #4 because carrie might perform the song at the Grammies and/or billboard music awards and it would not only reach the country music fans, but also the other genre of music fans also.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    you guys keep saying how carrie should release DYTAM at me as single #3 because it is different from what carrie has done before; and that is why it should be released as single #4 not single #3, CGAST for single number 3 because it is the countriest song, on the album and can be performed on country music biggest night; DYTAM for single #4 because carrie might perform the song at the Grammies and/or billboard music awards and it would not only reach the country music fans, but also the other genre of music fans also.
    Although I think CGAS would make for a great opening performance at the CMAs, I think DYTAM will produce a more memorable and show-stopping performance. Then TBC at the ACM Awards!!

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Although I think CGAS would make for a great opening performance at the CMAs, I think DYTAM will produce a more memorable and show-stopping performance. Then TBC at the ACM Awards!!
    it depends though how she will perform DYTAM
    But i believe DYTAM will do good.. it's very catchy.. my friends who are not carriefans keep singing "oh i oh i" yesterday when i was trying to learn playing it on guitar.. ahahaha
    bearball49 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think DYTAM should and will be the next single.It's different then what Carrie has released before.It's adorable.It would be the perfect bridge between BA and TBC.Can't wait to hear it on radio!

I still think though there's a chance Carrie will be singing BA at the CMAs.It could be it's the # 1 song in the country land that night, if the pop song passes it and hits # 1 first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I think DYTAM should and will be the next single.It's different then what Carrie has released before.It's adorable.It would be the perfect bridge between BA and TBC.Can't wait to hear it on radio!

I still think though there's a chance Carrie will be singing BA at the CMAs.It could be it's the # 1 song in the country land that night, if the pop song passes it and hits # 1 first.

I was kinda hoping the pop song flounders at around #13, the favorite number of the pop artist responsible for the song, and fade away after lol, but I'm aware I can't have everything I wish for lol.
    maddkat, teesharky and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

I really want her to sing BA at the CMAs!

Concert Stars
    The next single needs to be lighter in subject matter. She just released two big dramatic songs in a row. Both are grwat single choices and very successful. But it would be a mistake to release TBC next as the public needs to see a different lighter happier side to carrie. Save TBC for later.

I really think her team needs to show more midtempos and lighter easy going happy songs to the world for a nice change. Songs like AAG and Wasted were very successful and under rated. Enough edgy bad boy songs right now and no dreary ballads.

For that reason I want DYTAM next, with my second choice being Cupid. WAW needs to be a single down the road too-- but they need to release OWT next summer so that limits options unless they are smart and go with 6 singles.

•  
    Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast