Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By SoulDemiuges

Thread: "Blown Away" music question.

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar

"Blown Away" music question.

So, Blown Away is filled with little things thruought the whole song. I have them all covered except for one in the end.In the last chorus, when Carrie sings Blown Away four times quickly changing the notes ending with the big falsetto, there is a very high-pitched sound in the background, it goes once for each time she sings the words. My question is what the heck is that. Is it syntetic? I know it isn't her. A human can't go that high.

Unrelated, but also, is there a video of her vocal range in Blown Away the album? I thought someone would have made one by now but I can't find it anywhere.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    There is a video with the vocal range for Good Girl, but not for the whole album yet.
    Hopefully, someone makes one for the whole album.

Concert Stars
    Well, alot is going on thats for sure.
    And yes, it is her voice (possible some background vocalists as well, but I think it is all her).
    But her "layered backgrond vocals" are going through processors that stretch them and also reverb them to create echo and a hallow sound. But I am pretty sure that the actual "pitch" of the notes are sung by Carrie in her natural singing voice. I don't think they would have actually altered the pitch of her voice. Tehy may have, but it does not sound like it.
    It just sounds processed so as to sound like it is going through a tunnel or "funnel" (as in cloud, wink).
    But of course the master voice and the falsetto is of course her in her real voice.
    There are many times in Carries singing that you will notice "phantom" tones and notes that you preceive to be above her voice.
    This is actually a natrual phenomenon called "over tones". It happens when a note is sung so perfectly in pitch with the other notes that your ear actually precieves a layer of notes above it that are not actually there (or maybe they are, the jury is out on that).
    But you hear them non the less. I have heard that happen with Carrie before. I could swear I was hearing full tones above hers where I was certain that hers was the only voice.
    Over tones.
    I thnk there is some of that going on as well. But to answer the question. Yes it is all Carries voice. But it is processed.
    robinannhunt, rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Thank you for your answer. I still don't think that's her though. It just sounds like an instrument (other than voive) to me. You're problably right though. I prefer your theory to mine hahah
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Background vocals? I know when Carrie sings it live her female backup singer sings some high notes during those last four "blown aways." I didn't notice it in the studio version until I heard it live.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDemiuges View Post
    So, Blown Away is filled with little things thruought the whole song. I have them all covered except for one in the end.In the last chorus, when Carrie sings Blown Away four times quickly changing the notes ending with the big falsetto, there is a very high-pitched sound in the background, it goes once for each time she sings the words. My question is what the heck is that. Is it syntetic? I know it isn't her. A human can't go that high.

Unrelated, but also, is there a video of her vocal range in Blown Away the album? I thought someone would have made one by now but I can't find it anywhere.
    It's Carrie... if you listen very closely, it's Carrie singing "Away"... i think you will hear the "ay" part in the first "Blown Awaaaay" clearly... in herl ive performances, this is what Jamie (her back-up) is trying to do... But Carrie's voice is filtered and soften, which is why you would think it's just a siren in the background

•