Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: See You Again!

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars

See You Again!

Is anyone else absolutely LOVING this song!?!? I can't even listen to whole album anymore because when I get to #4, I play it over and over and over lol It has such a relaxing vibe to it. Similar to the message in the song, it just gives me a sense of contentment with everything in my life. I have no idea if that makes any sense (it's 2:30 in the morning and I worked an 8 hour shift today) lol Well, I am off to bed now. Good night Carrie fans

New Carrie Fan
    I am in love with that song, one of my faves from BA.
    Hope she will perform it live someday...
    underwoodfanfrance likes this.

I love it.

But i don't think it will include in the BLOWN AWAY TOUR setlist. as she has performed all the songs from BA live except SEE YOU AGAIN and WHO ARE YOU.

Concert Stars
    Funny, See You Again and Who are You are my two favorites aside from BA.
    I love the vocal on See YOu AGain. The strength and conviction in her voice is just great to me.
    I love that song.

Concert Stars
    See You Again is an amazing song; great message, great vocals, great everything. It's the "Temporary Home" of this era, except on a much grander, louder scale. I <3 it!
    seantrainor likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    See You Again is such an incredible song. The message, the melody, the music, the background "oh-oh-oh"s. It was my favorite when the album came out but I grew tired of it after a while. Now, I'm back to full-fledge loving it. Also, I posted this in the Meadibase thread but it's a bit more appropriate here:

Also, a few days ago I watched the videos where Carrie talks about each song on Blown Away and I never even thought about See You Again being about the afterlife until now. lol. It's such an obvious theme and I can't believe that it just passed over my head. Since I'm a junior in high school right now and I have many senior friends about to graduate I thought of it as seeing them again years from now. But a few days ago was the anniversary of the death of a friends and I listened to this song. It's amazing how people can use music for different occasions and bring their own interpretations to it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan928 View Post
    See You Again is such an incredible song. The message, the melody, the music, the background "oh-oh-oh"s. It was my favorite when the album came out but I grew tired of it after a while. Now, I'm back to full-fledge loving it. Also, I posted this in the Meadibase thread but it's a bit more appropriate here:

Also, a few days ago I watched the videos where Carrie talks about each song on Blown Away and I never even thought about See You Again being about the afterlife until now. lol. It's such an obvious theme and I can't believe that it just passed over my head. Since I'm a junior in high school right now and I have many senior friends about to graduate I thought of it as seeing them again years from now. But a few days ago was the anniversary of the death of a friends and I listened to this song. It's amazing how people can use music for different occasions and bring their own interpretations to it.
    I can understand both interpretations. However, for me, the loss of a loved one was my primary thought. My 28 year old nephew died due to a brain tumor, and I don't think I have yet recovered from my sister's death. I love the lyrics "I will carry you with me.....I will see you again." I absolutely love this song, and Carrie's vocals are phenomenal. I also like "Who are You" and of course, Blown Away. This album is full of wonderful music. Then again, so were the other 3.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I love "See You Again". It's definitely one of my favourites on the album. It has a great message and Carrie vocals are flawless on it. Amazing!
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I love See You Again! I do listen to it on repeat a couple of times before I move on! I love the message and of course her vocals on this is amazing. It is a song of hope and I love that about the song.

Junior Carrie Follower kiwigirl's Avatar
    From the first moment I heard this song via the preview that someone posted I have loved and I mean loved this song!! It's one of my faves on the album and I have a backing track to it and love singing it!! It would have actually been wonderful if it had of made it onto the Narnia soundtrack. I love TAPFU but SYA is just soooooo much more!!! With the ohohoh's and her beautiful voice and then right at the end when she pushes that note up - sends shivers down my spine. She really is the Goddess of Country Music!!!

New Carrie Fan
    i love see you again ... every time i play that song in the intro i wanna stop everything around me and just listen to it !! it's amazing and the vocals of this song insane

As we all know this song was written for the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia", so maybe we could get more information from the movie.

Ban Hammered
    Concert Stars
    I love See You Again. It's one of my favorites on Blown Away, along with Blown Away and One Way Ticket.

Concert Stars
    Even though there is a name recognition pattern where one feels a connection after having someone say their own name, every time I play See You Again, I react happily when Carrie sings the word "Carry"...(and my name is not Carry or Carrie lol).
    cole and ydumarp like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by seantrainor View Post
    I love See You Again. It's one of my favorites on Blown Away, along with Blown Away and One Way Ticket.
    I also love See you again, it's always on repeat, I also love WAW, FC, BA, OWT and lots of them.

Concert Stars
    I don't see why she won't perform See You Again on tour - we know she loves that song also - back when she talks about writing the songs for the Narnia movie she said they picked her song A Place for Us for the movie but that she loved the other ones too and maybe someday they would be on an album. Since See You Again made the album and was one of the popular digital downloads and favorite of many in polls I believe she may perform it.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    one of Carrie's best vocals ever. I just never get tired of hearing this one. This song will probably join Starts With Goodbye as two of my favorites' of Carrie that don't become singles but are fan favorites.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love See You Again. It has such a spiritual, gospel vibe to it. I was obsessed with the clip, too. Carrie's vocals are breathtaking; delicate, but so powerful. SYA is one of the many songs on BA that shows amazing growth from Carrie. I'm in love with her head voice on "Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking/But I stay strong and I hold on cause I know/Iíll see you again, oh/This is not where it ends" then the power returns.

I'm glad SYA didn't make Narnia, because I think it fits perfectly on BA.
    jaylee50, Cps235, ydumarp and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    I don't see why she won't perform See You Again on tour - we know she loves that song also - back when she talks about writing the songs for the Narnia movie she said they picked her song A Place for Us for the movie but that she loved the other ones too and maybe someday they would be on an album. Since See You Again made the album and was one of the popular digital downloads and favorite of many in polls I believe she may perform it.
    I thought the song Carrie won't sing on tour was "Forever Changed". I could be wrong though.

I really like "See You Again".
    Great vocals and great message.
    But I'm not a huge fan of the all "ooh-oooh-ohhh" parts in the chorus. It's just... I don't know.
    But I really like it.

Like everyone has already said, every song on Blown Away is different from any other thing Carrie already recorded.
    It's simply an amazing album!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast