Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jaks_weyn
  • 1 Post By abbeyjones18

Thread: Track Listing Order

Concert Stars

Track Listing Order

I love Blown Away but for some reason I'm not that crazy about the order the songs are in. I can see why they are in that order based on the message/story the album is telling, but I tried something different today and found that songs that are on the bottom of my favorites list, I liked more in a different order.

Here's my ideal listing:
    1. Blown Away
    2. Two Black Cadillacs
    3. Wine After Whiskey
    4. Good Girl
    5. Do You Think About Me
    6. Good In Goodbye
    7. One Way Ticket
    8. Nobody Ever Told You
    9. Thank God For Hometowns
    10. Leave Love Alone
    11. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    12. Forever Changed
    13. See You Again
    14. Who Are You

I would have kicked off the album with "Blown Away" and added thunder at the beginning a la "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks. To me, "Wine After Whiskey" joins the list of songs Carrie said had to go together (GG, BA, TBC). It just fits to me. The islandy tunes "Nobody Ever Told You" and "One Way Ticket" go together but I like OWT first for some reason. And the hardcore country "Thank God For Hometowns," "Leave Love Alone," and "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" go well together. Finally, I think "See You Again" belongs at the end of the album, as does "Who Are You," and they fit well together with "Forever Changed."

Do you have an order you prefer?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Louisa's Ideal 'Blown Away' Track-list Order

1. Blown Away
    2. Two Black Cadillacs
    3. Do You Think About Me
    4. Leave Love Alone
    5. Nobody Ever Told You
    6. Good In Goodbye
    7. Thank God For Hometowns
    8. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    9. Good Girl
    10. See You Again
    11. One Way Ticket
    12. Forever Changed
    13. Wine After Whiskey
    14. Who Are You

Concert Stars
    Yeah I would change a couple, but for the most part my order would be similar

1. Good Girl
    2. Blown Away
    3. Two Black Cadillacs
    4. Wine After Whiskey
    5. Good In Goodbye
    6. Leave Love Alone
    7. Nobody Ever Told You
    8. Do You Think About Me
    9. One Way Ticket
    10. See You Again
    11. Thank God For Hometowns
    12. Forever Changed
    13. Cupids Got a Shotgun
    14. Who Are You

I can see how difficult it is to put a track order together though haha

1. Blown Away
    2. Two Black Cadillacs
    3. See You Again
    4. Good In Goodbye
    5. Wine After Whiskey
    6. Do You Think About Me
    7. Nobody Ever Told You
    8. One Way Ticket
    9. Leave Love Alone
    10. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    11. Good Girl
    12. Thank God For Hometowns
    13. Forever Changed
    14. Who Are You

Concert Stars
    ^I take it you are a ballad kinda person? lol

Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    ^I take it you are a ballad kinda person? lol
    LOOOOOOOOOL

I love ballads, but i love up-tempo songs too. I opted for ballads in the first tracks for the album have a "growth". It begins with the darker songs, then passes through the ballads, gradually becoming more "cheerful", and then closing with songs with strong messages as Who Are You and Forever Changed.

But, I changed my tracklist many times. Don't even know why I chosen this tracklist. I had never realized how difficult it is to mount an order of tracks LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I love Blown Away but for some reason I'm not that crazy about the order the songs are in. I can see why they are in that order based on the message/story the album is telling, but I tried something different today and found that songs that are on the bottom of my favorites list, I liked more in a different order.

Here's my ideal listing:
    1. Blown Away (2)
    2. Two Black Cadillacs (1)
    3. Wine After Whiskey (4)
    4. Good Girl (3)
    5. Do You Think About Me (6)
    6. Good In Goodbye (7)
    7. One Way Ticket (5)
    8. Nobody Ever Told You (12)
    9. Thank God For Hometowns (14)
    10. Leave Love Alone (10)
    11. Cupid's Got A Shotgun (11)
    12. Forever Changed (9)
    13. See You Again (8)
    14. Who Are You (13)

I would have kicked off the album with "Blown Away" and added thunder at the beginning a la "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks. To me, "Wine After Whiskey" joins the list of songs Carrie said had to go together (GG, BA, TBC). It just fits to me. The islandy tunes "Nobody Ever Told You" and "One Way Ticket" go together but I like OWT first for some reason. And the hardcore country "Thank God For Hometowns," "Leave Love Alone," and "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" go well together. Finally, I think "See You Again" belongs at the end of the album, as does "Who Are You," and they fit well together with "Forever Changed."

Do you have an order you prefer?
    My problem with this tracklisting is that it is waaay too front-heavy. Alongside the songs, I added the positions they ended up on the "BA Song Game (a fair test of fan-popularity). The first 4 songs are the Top 4 songs. Worse still, the first half is ENTIRELY the Top 7 and the second half is the entire lower 7.

That kinda indicates that most fans would be tired after the first half of he album.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    My problem with this tracklisting is that it is waaay too front-heavy. Alongside the songs, I added the positions they ended up on the "BA Song Game (a fair test of fan-popularity). The first 4 songs are the Top 4 songs. Worse still, the first half is ENTIRELY the Top 7 and the second half is the entire lower 7.

That kinda indicates that most fans would be tired after the first half of he album.
    Well I didn't really take that into consideration. I just liked this flow. Right now, to me, the album lags in the middle for some reason. It's not because I don't like the songs, but even with One Way Ticket in there it still lags for some reason. This order, for me, flows better and the fast/medium/slow tempo ratio works better.

It would be hard to do it myself, but I would start with Blown Away as well.

1. Blown Away
    2. Two Black Cadillacs
    3. One Way Ticket
    4. Nobody Ever Told You
    5. Do You Think About Me
    6. Good in Goodbye
    7. Good Girl
    8. Forever Changed
    9. See You Again
    10. Wine After Whiskey
    11. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
    12. Who Are You
    13. Leave Love Alone
    14. Thank God For Hometowns

That probably wouldn't flow well.

Concert Stars
    i love the listing as is. We start out as Carrie warning girls in general as the next two songs are about a girls, and getting hurt. See you again looks back on those deaths. After the Drama we get this fun organic feel. Then we get some real down to earth country, and then to end Who Are You to let you know even throughout such a drama feel, overall in life, Faith is what its all about.

I hope my explanation makes sense. haha. I just love the flow SO much, i wouldnt change it..

I fail to see why Blown Away and Two Black Cadillacs need to be grouped together just because they are the "dark songs". TBC was ignored in a lot of reviews due to the sequencing. It's my personal favorite on the album. I also think it was a bad decision to have 7 mostly mid-tempo songs in a row (from See You Again to Good in Goodbye) without breaking it up with a high-energy tune. I would have placed Good Girl in the middle of those 7 tracks and moved Blown Away up a notch to be the opening track.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The only thing that I would change about BA's tracklisting is to move LLA to number 13, and shift CGAS and WAW up a notch. Maybe place Cupid at number 7 in between FC and NETY, although it being at number 11 would be ok too. Idk, something about Carrie saying sometimes saying goodbye is good and then following it up right afterwards by saying I can't leave love alone doesn't quite add up to me haha. But in all actuality I like the way the tracks are ordered now because of the way that they flow...

Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    i love the listing as is. We start out as Carrie warning girls in general as the next two songs are about a girls, and getting hurt. See you again looks back on those deaths. After the Drama we get this fun organic feel. Then we get some real down to earth country, and then to end Who Are You to let you know even throughout such a drama feel, overall in life, Faith is what its all about.

I hope my explanation makes sense. haha. I just love the flow SO much, i wouldnt change it..
    Yeah, I pretty much agree with this, I love the tracklisting as it is and wouldn't change it at all.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    LOL... I had fun with the Blown Away songs and their order..
    And here's what I came up... I based it from the idea of the songs... Read them as one paragraph

GG --> Some boys are not what you think they are...
    BA --> A good example is this dad that abuses his own daughter...
    TBC --> But beware bad boys 'cause surely you won't get away... it sometimes means death/separation even if the girl loves you so much...
    SYA --> But when a person gets separated from the one that he/she loves, he/she tend to miss 'em... but we shouldn't worry 'cause we will surely see them again someday...
    DYTAM --> Until then, we think about them and wonder if they think about us...
    FC --> And when we begin to wonder about love, we begin to wonder about life and family...
    NETY --> And about ourselves, the mistakes we made and our imperfections... but we got to believe that we are still beautiful...
    OWT --> And that in times of troubles, problems and hardships, we can always escape from our problems and get a new perspective...
    TGFH --> Like our hometowns where we see family and friends...
    GIG --> And remember our past love and the happy moments we had with that person...
    LLA --> And as we go back to those days, we remember love and how it is very hard to resist even if we never really wanted to fall in love in the first place...
    CGAS --> I guess that's why Cupid chases us and sometime uses a shotgun if we are really hard to hit... Usually, these people are those who just got out of a bad relationship...
    WAW --> Well we can't blame them, right? Since it's really hard to find something stronger than a love that is already strong...
    WAY --> But know that in the end, there is always someone who will love you more... if it's not the person that you will end up for the rest of your life... it's God...
    Pi314CA likes this.

I have no problems with the track listing order on Blown Away (or any the the other 3 album)...
    Pi314CA likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Because of the tracklisting, I think it makes the album seem boring as all ballads are put together. But when I did my own tracklisting I liked the album more.

Here's mine;

Blown Away
    Two Black Cadillacs
    Nobody Ever Told You
    See You Again
    Good Girl
    Forever Changed
    Do You Ever Think About Me
    Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    Good In Goodbye
    Thank God For Hometown
    Leave Love Alone