Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Blown away first week sales predictions

Junior Carrie Follower

Lightbulb Blown away first week sales predictions

Ok so since Billboard guessed that BLown Away will sell 250k-300k, everyones been saying the same exact thing. personally Since its been #1 on itunes this whole week and in the top 10 since its prerelease and all of the hype i gave it a prediction of 320k-400k!! I dont wanna get my hopes up but you never know considering she sang on IDOL and other interviews! I just wanted to know what all you guys think about this and how many copies you think she will sell and why? LETS SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT BLOWN AWAY

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Im taking a guess of 340k.. I will probably be wrong but oh well..

Ty
    I'm feeling like 305k, which would be superb. I think her "Blown Away" performance at Idol probably pushed a lot more copies.
    cpeTN89 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    320K.. when we will know the exact sale? So excited to hear if the number of sales >400k..

Quote Originally Posted by snoopytan86 View Post
    320K.. when we will know the exact sale? So excited to hear if the number of sales >400k..
    Hits Daily Double partial numbers will be out tomorrow. HDD full numbers will be out tuesday (it's very helpful, because we can estimate). The official numbers will be out wednesday!

Concert Stars
    I am going to predict 300K and anything else above that will be icing on the cake

I'll go with 285k.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'll be bold and say 415,000!

I'm already very very happy with the HDD/Billboard sales prediction. But if it sells at least 300,000 copies, that will be even more fantastic!

I'm upping my original guess before the promo really started (240,000) to a random number of 288,649.

Concert Stars
    I think even 250K is great with declining sales and not being released in the 4th quarter! I really think she will maintain the #1 for at least 2 weeks and that will be a first! Soooo excited about this ERA!!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I'm going to go with 302,547 copies. I'm definitely feeling good about it pushing 300,000, but as long as we are at 275,000 I'll be happy!

Billboard used 3-4 days of reported sales data to make the projection for the 6-day week for "Blown Away", which included sales right after the American Idol performance, and they top their projection at 300k copies, which is the highest number of the bunch. I see no reason to expect anything significantly higher than 300k copies, like 400k, or 420k copies. That's not what their predictions work.

250K for 1 week is good for now a days... to sell 300K is great....350K & above is OMG!!!!!!! My guess for her sales figure be at 350K & above.... it's gonna be a wonderful era♥

Concert Stars
    I will say 301k. Hoping she crosses the 300k line.

Ultimate Carrie Fan The Raz Man's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    350 k would be a truly fantastic number! As long as the album is number 1 I'm happy!

Concert Stars
    I honestly think we could have seen 400 "if" the label had allowed for (or pushed for) that amount of product to be on the shelves. In other words, there is no way TS could have accomplished 1 million if there were not many more than amillion avialble at every venue in the country.
    Had BM shipped as many copies of SN as Sony (likely) did of BA, SN would have sold accordingly, and certainly not a million as there would not have been a million to sell..So
    when you shoot for a million there has to be alot alot of product on shevles to make sure not a single werson walks away empty handed.
    I think people absolutely walked away empty handed this weekend with BA. Places sold out, alot of places. So you don't have a count of what "would have sold" (which I think could have goon past 400, which was my original prodiction) you have what did sell, what was available to sell. And that can't be much past 300 cause the availablility is going to limit the outcome period.
    I am not saying it was a bad strategy for them. You don't want a whole bunch of product not moving. But at the same time, it is much harder to "make up" sales once they are lost. Example: how many of those stores that sold out are going to reorder? And how many? and when is the product going to arrive?
    Adele has sold amazingly well. And we gotta hope that Carries album can have the kind of ground swell that 21 experienced. Cause then over time the retailors catch on that they have to have 21 in stock. It's a runaway hit. This could happen to BA. I know alot of friends who are responding to this album much more favorably than to PO.
    But the coming weeks are so important. They have got to get product on those shelves immediately.
    But anyway, I think the label was shooting for about 300 based on the way they sold it to the market place. So they got what they wanted. Unfortunately, I feel they under cut themselves and could have easily moved more had there been enough to move.
    Again, for TS to move a million cd's in a week, there had to be at least 1.5 million on floors to move.
    Certainly there was not thing like that for Carrie so we simply will not know what she "could have" sold. WE can only assume what the label wanted to get moved. And that they are happy with the result.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    52% report 60k in sales. Jason the Gleek tweeted 150-200k for sales. More info here http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    52% report 60k in sales. Jason the Gleek tweeted 150-200k for sales. More info here HITS Daily Double: Building Album Sales Chart
    Who is Jason the Gleek?

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    Who is Jason the Gleek?
    @JasontheGleek he is the intern in NYC.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast