Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Blown away first week sales predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    @JasontheGleek he is the intern in NYC.
    Oh, he is gaycarebear. I don't know if he saw the BB/HDD predictions, but I think he is making those prediction based solely on this first report, but we should stick to the official predictions we have seen.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I honestly think we could have seen 400 "if" the label had allowed for (or pushed for) that amount of product to be on the shelves. In other words, there is no way TS could have accomplished 1 million if there were not many more than amillion avialble at every venue in the country.
    Had BM shipped as many copies of SN as Sony (likely) did of BA, SN would have sold accordingly, and certainly not a million as there would not have been a million to sell..So
    when you shoot for a million there has to be alot alot of product on shevles to make sure not a single werson walks away empty handed.
    I think people absolutely walked away empty handed this weekend with BA. Places sold out, alot of places. So you don't have a count of what "would have sold" (which I think could have goon past 400, which was my original prodiction) you have what did sell, what was available to sell. And that can't be much past 300 cause the availablility is going to limit the outcome period.
    I am not saying it was a bad strategy for them. You don't want a whole bunch of product not moving. But at the same time, it is much harder to "make up" sales once they are lost. Example: how many of those stores that sold out are going to reorder? And how many? and when is the product going to arrive?
    Adele has sold amazingly well. And we gotta hope that Carries album can have the kind of ground swell that 21 experienced. Cause then over time the retailors catch on that they have to have 21 in stock. It's a runaway hit. This could happen to BA. I know alot of friends who are responding to this album much more favorably than to PO.
    But the coming weeks are so important. They have got to get product on those shelves immediately.
    But anyway, I think the label was shooting for about 300 based on the way they sold it to the market place. So they got what they wanted. Unfortunately, I feel they under cut themselves and could have easily moved more had there been enough to move.
    Again, for TS to move a million cd's in a week, there had to be at least 1.5 million on floors to move.
    Certainly there was not thing like that for Carrie so we simply will not know what she "could have" sold. WE can only assume what the label wanted to get moved. And that they are happy with the result.
    If I remember correctly, BM shipped out 2 Million copies of SN! They hit every venues possible, STArbucks and small outlets along with all the big one. Taylor was all over the place!!!

My prediction : 320.000k - 340.000k

Good luck to Carrie !!!

Huge Carrie Follower JaclynDenisex23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, I don't see her getting anywhere near 300K for the first week. I think it will be a stretch for her to even get 200K at this point. 52% is in and it's only like 60K.

Quote Originally Posted by JaclynDenisex23 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see her getting anywhere near 300K for the first week. I think it will be a stretch for her to even get 200K at this point. 52% is in and it's only like 60K.
    It's 52% of retailers, not sales.

Carrie Guru
    Don't worry --Carrie will be fine !

Junior Carrie Follower

Red face Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    It's 52% of retailers, not sales.
    When i saw 60k i was like WTF!!!!!???? nicki f***ing minaj sold almost 300k and is trash and carrie who is real talent cant pass 100k!! but THANK YOU! ok so idk bout retail but ur right one has gotta be humble so with 300k+ ill be happy

but its not fairt that bieber's BELIEVE will prob sell over 1Million first week just cuz of a bunch crazy(cuz they arent fans they are OBSESSED HORNY LIL FREAKS) GIRLS!! not fair how real talent is overshadowed now a days (except adele thank goodness for that) but can someone tell me then how much would the prediction be more solid with the 60k retail??

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12