Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By kiwigirl
  • 1 Post By epicamends

Thread: Can You Hear the Thunder in Blown Away????

Junior Carrie Follower kiwigirl's Avatar

Can You Hear the Thunder in Blown Away????

I'm at my parents place playing Blown Away on there surround sound system and can now hear the thunder playing during Blown Away.

When she sings the chorus what I thought was just the drums is actually thunder - I can hear it so clear now - OMG that is amazing!!!!!!!!
    It just makes me love that song so much more now - Mark Bright is the man!!!

Also sorry if someone has also posted this already - I always seem too slow at posting and find someone else has beat me to it lol : )

Yes, it's the best part lol I love it.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good to know. I'll have to listen more closely. I thought there was talk that lightening would crackle in the opening? Crazy rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Good to know. I'll have to listen more closely. I thought there was talk that lightening would crackle in the opening? Crazy rumors.
    Apparently they actually toned down the production a bit on the album - the demo version had thunder and lightening sound effects in the beginning according to that poster on Pulse.
    The Nanook likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I bet they figured it would sound too much like "The Thunder Rolls"?

Concert Stars
    Hmm... I'll have to give BA another listen. I really like storm/weather sounds in music. Like in "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks, or before IKYW on the Carnival Ride tour

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Apparently they actually toned down the production a bit on the album - the demo version had thunder and lightening sound effects in the beginning according to that poster on Pulse.
    I would have really wanted to hear actual thunder at the beginning of the studio version, but I guess toning it down was for the best. Hopefully they'll add it back for the tour.

Just listened to BA again. It doesn't distinctly sound like thunder to me on the source I'm listening on (laptop and fairly nice headphones). but if it's not actually thunder, I can see how it could be an instrument (like a really big, boomy drum) that purposefully sounds like thunder.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    No. I haven't heard the thunder in the song. I'll have to listen more closely next time. I love Blown Away, it's epic!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    BA song and whole album should be taken for many listens with a good pair of headphones too with a ss system, you'd be surprised to find out ALL the wonderful sounds that are a part of this masterpiece.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    My friend that worked on the sound/mixing of the Album says that the demo of BA did indeed have thunder and Lightning sounding before the instrumentation started. They cut it out because it made the song too long for radio and it also was too similar to Garth's "Thunder Rolls"

•