Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Make up the 'Two Black Cadillacs' Conspiracy

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar

Make up the 'Two Black Cadillacs' Conspiracy

Tap into your homicidal instincts. How do the women kill the guy in 'Two Black Cadillacs'?
    cole likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love this thread idea! Quite sinister Well, a sneaky way to kill someone is to poison someone...it's not as front and center as stabbing or shooting someone...

Ty
    Based on the lyrics, I don't think they ever really got their hands dirty. They hired a hitman, I think.
    cpeTN89 and countryfan2006 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think poison also would be the route the women took.

I'm thinking a hitman.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    OMG greatest. thread. ever. LOL hmmm I think I'm going with poison too.
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I, too, am going to have to say poison. It just seems like the sneakiest way to do it. The song doesn't indicate that there was any suspicious circumstances surrounding his death (the line about the women keeping their secret), so I think it was an undetectable poison.
    These women sound crafty, so I bet they slipped it in some food and he didn't even know what hit him lol.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well, I wanted to be creative with this but yet I can only come up with poison... I refuse to type in "ways to kill someone" into the search bar of google lol!

Concert Stars
    Ooh, i love this thread!!

Well, in the lyrics it says, "It was the first and the last time they ever saw each other face to face" at the funeral. So, that leads me to suspect that they didn't get their hands dirty doing it, at least not together.

Maybe the wife poisoned the guy and made it look like an accident? Or, of course, the hitman theory.

We will surely find out in the video, because this song *HAS* to be released as a single!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I'm also thinking undetectable poison administered over two months. There are several that can trigger a heart attack.

Concert Stars
    Well that they were "waiting for the right time" makes me think it was something quick. And that they never saw each other face to face is really curious because there's no way they'd plan a murder over the phone/e-mail. So... I got nothin'.

Concert Stars
    I posted this in another thread:

I'm almost positive they poisoned him. How else could they both be killing him without ever seeing each other? For two months, no less.

Unless there was a third party, a hitman, but that would be too risky. It's a secret that he was even murdered in the first place. If there was a hitman, people would already know a homicide was committed, and there would be an investigation, and those two would undoubtedly be prime suspects. And if they find evidence of the hitman, they can't trust this third party to keep silent. It's just a dumb idea.

--

Expanding on that, when they say they're "waiting for the right time," I think that means they're waiting for him to croak. I think they're BOTH administering the poison, and that's what they're waiting for.
    cpeTN89 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^I think you think about how to kill people too much, Nicole.

Whenever I read that they poisoned him all I can think of is Lady Gaga's Paparazzi video with the black heart lips and her sipping out of her teacup.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    ^I think you think about how to kill people too much, Nicole.
    Hey man, have you seen CourtTV (or whatever it's called nowadays) or the third season of Dexter? Entangling unnecessary people in your murder streak is the dumbest idea you could possibly come up with. I like to think Carrie's protagonists are smarter than that.

By the way, did anyone else find it weird the mistress went to the funeral? Didn't people who knew the guy ask who she was? How did they explain that? I mean, lolawkward.

Whenever I read that they poisoned him all I can think of is Lady Gaga's Paparazzi video with the black heart lips and her sipping out of her teacup.
    One of the best music videos of the decade, in my opinion.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    By the way, did anyone else find it weird the mistress went to the funeral? Didn't people who knew the guy ask who she was? How did they explain that? I mean, lolawkward
    Yes. This is a little bit implausible to me, honestly. I do think that a lot of the people in the room may have known that the man had a mistress (I mean, the mistress didn't realize she wasn't just the girlfriend, so I suspect that she'd met some of his friends, or somebody). But the way the lyrics go "The women in the two black veils didn't bother to cry/They took turns laying a rose down/Threw a handful of dirt into the deep ground" makes me feel like there was something unique to the two of them in the funeral. The women in the two black veils, not two of the women, etc. Plus the "One is for his wife/The other for the woman who loved him at night" as opposed to another. I don't know. So why would the mistress be elevated to a special status for the funeral? The wife, if she didn't know this woman, would be asking questions; if she wasn't, then the family would be asking questions.

I'm overanalyzing. It's 1am.
    allamericangirl8 and cpeTN89 like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes. This is a little bit implausible to me, honestly. I do think that a lot of the people in the room may have known that the man had a mistress (I mean, the mistress didn't realize she wasn't just the girlfriend, so I suspect that she'd met some of his friends, or somebody). But the way the lyrics go "The women in the two black veils didn't bother to cry/They took turns laying a rose down/Threw a handful of dirt into the deep ground" makes me feel like there was something unique to the two of them in the funeral. The women in the two black veils, not two of the women, etc. Plus the "One is for his wife/The other for the woman who loved him at night" as opposed to another. I don't know. So why would the mistress be elevated to a special status for the funeral? The wife, if she didn't know this woman, would be asking questions; if she wasn't, then the family would be asking questions.

I'm overanalyzing. It's 1am.
    Right? These women were distinctly set apart to everyone at the funeral. Wouldn't someone be asking questions, like, "Hey, who are you?" or asking the wife why she's not freaking out that another woman is acting like his wife, too? I feel like I'm not looking at the song correctly or something, but I don't understand.

I can't articulate it, but I mean, there's something off about it to me. I agree with your post.
    AIgrl06 and cpeTN89 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    Tap into your homicidal instincts. How do the women kill the guy in 'Two Black Cadillacs'?
    Since the first time they met was at his funeral, I'm thinking a hitman.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Right? These women were distinctly set apart to everyone at the funeral. Wouldn't someone be asking questions, like, "Hey, who are you?" or asking the wife why she's not freaking out that another woman is acting like his wife, too? I feel like I'm not looking at the song correctly or something, but I don't understand.

I can't articulate it, but I mean, there's something off about it to me. I agree with your post.
    Ah, crap... Now you have me doing some deep thinking!! Okay, we do know that they both stand out at the funeral, but it doesn't say they're sitting together. One unsuspecting individual might just suspect a co-worker or something to that effect. Then again I wouldn't think of the wife and a co-worker being the only ones wearing black veils. Maybe they told each other what they'd be wearing?

The song specifies that they both were being fooled into thinking that they we the ONLY ones in his life until the phone call, two months before the funeral. So it rules out ever seeing photos of the wife from the mistresses pov. Maybe them wearing the two black veils was sort of their "code"? That way the recognize each other. Ugh, this will drive me nuts for days! I've been to many funerals unfortunately, and I know I don't usually ask people who they are. The mistress might have kept low key at the funeral and no one bothered to question her? The real question is how in the world did both the wife and the mistress both end up owning black Cadillac's? I think there is more to the Cadillac's then meets the eye. There is something we are missing or we're looking too deep for something that isn't there.

Concert Stars
    ^I love the idea of the veils being a code to know who's who. Fits, in my opinion. "They shared a crimson smile and just walked away." Do funeral homes rent out cars for funeral processions? Anyone know?

PS My grandma has a black Cadillac.

Concert Stars
    I honestly thought the Cadillacs were hearses when I first read the song title. Now that I've heard the song, I'm rather confused about that, too. Maybe the guy was into women with black Cadillacs. I like that idea of it being a code. It makes the most sense.

But I don't know. I'd be a little suspicious of two women with the same car, wearing veils, not shedding a tear for this man. They're not very good at keeping their cover, in my opinion. Maybe they were dumb enough to hire a hitman. But I don't think a hitman was hired because it didn't sound like other people even knew he was murdered, and if the hitman shot him as most hitmen do, there would be a homicide investigation. If he was poisoned and died of "natural causes," the women's secret would be safe. Actually, it'd be pretty clever. They'd probably investigate the wife first once they figured out it was a homicide, yes? So they could investigate her house and find the poison she used, but that she didn't own enough or administer enough to kill him, since she only had to deliver half of the fatal dose. While they're searching the wife's house for the poison, the other woman would have enough time to dispose of her own poison. Now there's not enough proof to convict either woman. I think it's pretty smart to go this route. But again, they're dumb enough to both show up at the funeral, so who knows.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast