Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Anyone else think "Oklahoma Wind" would've been perfect on Blown Away?

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar

Anyone else think "Oklahoma Wind" would've been perfect on Blown Away?

I know this song is talked about so much, but I really feel like "Oklahoma Wind" would have fit perfectly on this album. It fits with the entire theme - the wind, the imagery, everything. If there was ever a Carrie album for this to be included on, this should have been it. This song would have become a classic and would have probably been showered with awards.

Now I'm sort of convinced we will never hear an official finished version from Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Yes, OW would of been perfect but OW is the past, let's focus on BA ERA now!!!

Yes. But it's not going to happen. Carrie's made that perfectly clear. It's time to move on!

There are 14 incredible tracks on BA, let's focus on those right now.

Ty
    I think it would've been the perfect album closer. But, oh well. I got past OW a long time ago.

Yes, I think it should've been included as well. It could replace one of the two tracks I have in my mind. But... oh well.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    They could have at least made it a bonus track on iTunes or something lol. Actually, no. The song is too good to be a bonus track.

Concert Stars
    Don't worry my friend I guarantee you have not heard the last of CARRIE and OKLAHOMA WIND....
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Everytime I think about Oklahoma Wind I get a little sad 'cause it's not going to get a proper recording or release.

Ultimate Carrie Fan CarrieCountryCareBear's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    perhaps "Nobody Knows" is the new Oklahoma Wind....we'll never hear it

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm disappointed that Carrie says she will never release Oklahoma Wind. I think it's one of the best songs she's ever made. I live in hope that she may sing it one day.

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Yes. But it's not going to happen. Carrie's made that perfectly clear. It's time to move on!

There are 14 incredible tracks on BA, let's focus on those right now.
    Agreed. "Oklahoma Wind" is a wonderful song that I wish Carrie had recorded, but Blown Away has fourteen amazing songs on there. We should certainly keep our focus on them.

Concert Stars
    Time has a way of changing a Woman's mind.... If not Carrie then someone will end up cutting this song... And because Carrie co-wrote it she will always be linked with it.... But I believe that Carries next project will be ACOUSTIC and she will surprise her fans and have OKLAHOMA WIND as the first single off of it.... Yes she's pissed that it leaked but OKLAHOMA WIND will have a future in some form it's just too good of a song.....

PS- I do believe OW was good enough to make BA... But I don't believe it belonged on this album... What would you take away? Every song is great....

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie has said she has no plans to put it on an album, and there isn't any reason we shouldn't believe her. After her demo leaking, I hope she doesn't release a studio version because she needs to show people she means business and won't tolerate people leaking her demos. Many of you have the OW demo saved, so you can listen to it anytime you want. I have a feeling some would inevitably be disappointed with a studio version because it wouldn't sound as raw as the demo.

Carrie has recorded a brilliant new album with BA, and I think we all need to celebrate that, and stop pining over a song that Carrie has said will not be released. At this point, I feel like we need an OW mourning thread, so that all the comments about it can go there lol.

Huge Carrie Follower JaclynDenisex23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie pretty much said for sure it will never be recorded by anyone. Whoever leaked the song originally ruined it. She said they ruined it for her and anyone else who might have gotten to cut the track. So from the way Carrie said it I think the song is pretty much dead. No one, including her, will ever record it. Which makes sense. When songs leak and float around the internet like that it almost NEVER sees the light of day.
    supercarriefan and Marie2011 like this.

Concert Stars
    If I were Carrie, I would have put it on Blown Away as a hidden track, to surprise fans. But that's just me, obviously.

Concert Stars
    yes Oklahoma Wind would have been perfect on the cd...too bad we probably won't get to hear a real version of it..dumb people who leak things LOL

Concert Stars
    I personally dont want a recorded version. The demo is so pure. It will always be a special treat. At least we have the demo...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    I personally dont want a recorded version. The demo is so pure. It will always be a special treat. At least we have the demo...
    I agree with you, I love the simplicity of it. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate the song anywhere online now. I think its been removed.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I agree with you, I love the simplicity of it. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate the song anywhere online now. I think its been removed.
    This is me!! I had it on my computer and then it crashed. I had to get it basically restarted from scratch and now everything is gone. I'm slowly building back up my song library, but I can't find "Oklahoma Wind." Demo version with a male singing or acoustic version with Carrie. It's so upsetting. I wanted to PM someone asking if they could send me it but I didn't know who to PM or how to go about it, haha.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    I wanted to PM someone asking if they could send me it but I didn't know who to PM or how to go about it, haha.
    Assuming it doesn't randomly crash on my computer, I could probably PM it to you if you remind me.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast