Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What do you think about 'Blown Away' being the second single?

Concert Stars

What do you think about 'Blown Away' being the second single?

Well, basically everyone knew that BA was going to be the second single, but I didn't want to get my hopes up!

Now that it's been confirmed (Carrie performing it on Letterman tonight), how do you think the song will fare on country radio?

I'll admit, it's definitely the most unexpected, diverse single she's ever released, and that's exciting for a lot of reasons. It's my favorite track (and favorite to a lot of fans so far), and it ventures into so many different genres that it's hard to put a label on it.

Not sure how country purists will react -- but that's the fun part. I'm hoping everyone will embrace it with open arms and try to keep an open mind. It's dark, it's got an engaging storyline, with a really eye-opening message.

And of course the music video is going to be epic! I can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeve to portray a story like this.
    ramb, jaylee50 and cpeTN89 like this.

All I can say is i'm happy.
    It's exactly the kind of music you didn't expect Carrie to sing, and that's what she needs to do now.
    I'm tired of people saying she sings about the same all the time... And maybe she's tired too.
    But what I enjoy the most is that she LOVES this song. It's the kind of songs she told she wanted us fans to hear.
    So all I can say is I'm happy... For us, and her.

Concert Stars
    I think it will be Carrie's 16th #1 hit! It's a great song, so different than anything that's out there. Even though it's not traditional country (what is nowadays?), I think it will be a contender for Single and/or Song of the Year at the CMA Awards.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. This is such an epic song, I want everyone to get the chance to hear it. At the same time, I'm kinda nervous because I don't know how this will be received by country radio.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    If Carrie's singing it tonight...does that mean GG is done on the charts? I've never seen someone perform their new single before the old one has peaked?
    No it doesn't mean GG is done on the charts. While she is performing a new single the purpose is more to promote her album, hence performing a variety of songs. There's no way they would just pull the plug on Good Girl when it continues to sell well, The songs above it are beginning to peak and it is slowly increasing on the AC.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    she didn't sing blown away on letterman...but we still know its going to be the second single...I think it will do well!

Junior Carrie Follower xboom28x's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sugarland had a very different album with their music and if memory serves me correctly, Stuck Like Glue went #1 I think. Could be wrong. In any case, the album still did well and the music was still played on country radio.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I think as long as its a good song, it will do well. And BA is way more than just good.
    It is a little never-wracking to think how it might be received, but this is a song that has to get out there and people need to hear it.

Concert Stars
    I'm interested to see how she will perform it live. With all the echos and practically yelling her lungs out on the track, it'll be interesting to see if they change anything up for the live performances.

And Jenna, don't forget she will be on Letterman (the show) doing BA. She didn't do it on the webcast, but she will late tonight, so don't go to bed early! :P

Concert Stars
    It will be interesting how they change it up Live. cannot wait to see. This song is incredible. But I want TBC as a single more than anything.

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post

Lol, Nicole. Look, I'll call a truce -- I won't say anything bad about Cupid ever, ever again (and everyone be my witness)....if you can pump your enthusiasm about BA up just a little.

How did I know we would disagree on this? I think if you and I ever met in person, we would be the two who disagreed on everything.

I still have respect for you, though.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    Lol, Nicole. Look, I'll call a truce -- I won't say anything bad about Cupid ever, ever again (and everyone be my witness)....if you can pump your enthusiasm about BA up just a little.

How did I know we would disagree on this? I think if you and I ever met in person, we would be the two who disagreed on everything.

I still have respect for you, though.
    I didn't actually read your post. Just answered the title. x)

I like Blown Away enough, and if there are six singles, I'm fine with it as a single. It can be a single as long as Two Black Cadillacs, Wine After Whiskey, Do You Think About Me, and One Way Ticket get a release, too.

Cupid's awesome. You're missing out, sonny.

Concert Stars

I like Blown Away enough, and if there are six singles, I'm fine with it as a single. It can be a single as long as Two Black Cadillacs, Wine After Whiskey, Do You Think About Me, and One Way Ticket get a release, too.

What about LLA?

Concert Stars

We agree on something!! I want all of those to be singles too.
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    What about LLA?
    The world's not ready for sassy Carrie. If LLA was released, I feel like the traditionalists would actually get angry with her. "Don't you backsass me, little missy!"
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars

Those are the songs I want as singles too.

My only thing is, I'm dying for TBC to be released but I don't want it too close to BA because I think they're Carrie's best shot at Single/Song of the Year at the awards shows. I want her to take over for the next 2 years like she did for "Some Hearts" with JTTW and BHC getting nominated in separate years not cancelling each other out.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think Blown Away is a great choice for the second single. It's an incredible song. I'm excited to see the music video, I'm excepting something rather epic! I don't know how the song will be received on country radio but I could see Carrie crossing over with this song. We shall see.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    I think it's great 'cause "Blown away" is really different from her others previews singles (and her others songs too). It's going to be interesting. For my part I can't wait to hear Carrie sing it in live and I also can't wait for the music video too. I think it's gonna be really different from what she done previously and I'm really excited about that.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    lol I read the first post of this thread and thought I had somehow completely
    missed something since I knew she did GG on Letterman.

I think BA's debut will come on the Billboard Awards.Be interesting to see how they do it live.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast