Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By eliefares

Thread: My review of Blown Away

Insane Carrie Fan

My review of Blown Away

You can read my review of Blown Away here: Blown Away (Album Review) – Carrie Underwood A Separate State of Mind | A Lebanese Blog
    Let me know what you think.

I'll post a track by track review on May 1st.

Insane Carrie Fan
    The official fan club people basically deleted this off their forum. Can someone post it there again? I think they have something against me.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    The official fan club people basically deleted this off their forum. Can someone post it there again? I think they have something against me.
    Thanks, Elie - I like the review very much. It's thoughtful and well written, and should give readers a good taste of what to expect.

I think the only thing I see a little differently to you is when you say that "Good Girl" is the only song reminiscent of Carrie's earlier work. I see "Good Girl" as definitely one of the "new level" songs, in which Carrie shows a lot of confidence in using innovative musical changes and a singing style which pushes the Mainstream boundaries further than she's probably ever gone before on an album.
    I haven't heard the whole thing, but from the clips, I'd say that the song that is likely to be the most reminiscent of some of Carrie's earlier work might be "See You Again".

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ Actually, the only song thematically and style-wise that resembles Carrie's previous stuff the most is Good Girl. That's not a bad thing. I think it's a very good song.

Regarding posting on the OFC, never mind

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Hi. Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy the response for Blown Away has been positive. Congratulations to Carrie on another successful album. I think this era is going to be awesome!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I found your review whike I was searching for reviews. I am not tech savy and did not know how to get it here, but did find it and ask someone to post it. I think it was a pretty fair assessment of the album. I have a hard time critiquing as I manage to find something to like in all of her music. It was an enjoyable read, especailly for a fan hungry for what others think of the album.

•