Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: Blown Away iTunes Streaming --- confirmed

Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    WOOHOO Just found out the iTunes stream is actually up!!

Concert Stars
    Couldn't help it ya'll. Wanted to post one of the comments I just read about the album:

Well.. That was a damn surprise.
    I counted Carrie out as pure pop drivel after Some Hearts and gave her last two albums half of a glance before moving on to the next thing. Based solely on my first run through of Blown Away, however, I'd say this is easily THE album of 2012 thus far, and probably one of the best albums I've heard this decade.
    I'm not one to issue effusive praise on message boards and forums, but Carrie's earned it. The writing on this album is not only LIGHT YEARS ahead of her three albums, but also of higher quality than 99% of what's on radio today, country or otherwise. Blown Away (song), Two Black Cadillacs, See You Again, Forever Changed, Good in Goodbye, and Wine After Whiskey (HOLY LORD at this one) are all masterfully written. One Way Ticket and Cupid's Got a Shotgun, while goofy to the core, are both extremely clever and witty, so they're strong in that respect. The remaining songs are by no means poorly written, the aforementioned bunch is just strikingly strong.
    As far as singles go, they could honestly release 12 of the 14 with no problem. "Blown Away," "Two Black Cadillacs," "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "One Way Ticket" are the obvious picks, but let me suggest that they mix things up and use either "Nobody Ever Told You" or "Do You Think About Me" as a single. Carrie hasn't really done the feel-good thing, and that goes over really well at radio. Not to mention that it's about time that a well-written, well-sung feel good song takes to the Country Chart. I've heard enough precocious blather in that sub-genre.
    I'd also like to take a minute to bow to Mark Bright, who FINALLY realized that more production does not equal a better song. Unlike on previous efforts, Blown Away is about Carrie's voice, not Mark Bright's latest toy.
    All-in-all, an easy 9 out of 10. I could see adjusting this up to 9.5 when I re-listen at a more reasonable hour. Carrie, you done good. I always knew there was more to you than Louisville sluggers and wreckless driving.

Sounds like Carrie found some new followers with this album! I'm so excited for this album

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Couldn't help it ya'll. Wanted to post one of the comments I just read about the album:

Well.. That was a damn surprise.
    I counted Carrie out as pure pop drivel after Some Hearts and gave her last two albums half of a glance before moving on to the next thing. Based solely on my first run through of Blown Away, however, I'd say this is easily THE album of 2012 thus far, and probably one of the best albums I've heard this decade.
    I'm not one to issue effusive praise on message boards and forums, but Carrie's earned it. The writing on this album is not only LIGHT YEARS ahead of her three albums, but also of higher quality than 99% of what's on radio today, country or otherwise. Blown Away (song), Two Black Cadillacs, See You Again, Forever Changed, Good in Goodbye, and Wine After Whiskey (HOLY LORD at this one) are all masterfully written. One Way Ticket and Cupid's Got a Shotgun, while goofy to the core, are both extremely clever and witty, so they're strong in that respect. The remaining songs are by no means poorly written, the aforementioned bunch is just strikingly strong.
    As far as singles go, they could honestly release 12 of the 14 with no problem. "Blown Away," "Two Black Cadillacs," "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "One Way Ticket" are the obvious picks, but let me suggest that they mix things up and use either "Nobody Ever Told You" or "Do You Think About Me" as a single. Carrie hasn't really done the feel-good thing, and that goes over really well at radio. Not to mention that it's about time that a well-written, well-sung feel good song takes to the Country Chart. I've heard enough precocious blather in that sub-genre.
    I'd also like to take a minute to bow to Mark Bright, who FINALLY realized that more production does not equal a better song. Unlike on previous efforts, Blown Away is about Carrie's voice, not Mark Bright's latest toy.
    All-in-all, an easy 9 out of 10. I could see adjusting this up to 9.5 when I re-listen at a more reasonable hour. Carrie, you done good. I always knew there was more to you than Louisville sluggers and wreckless driving.

Sounds like Carrie found some new followers with this album! I'm so excited for this album

a great review! i cant wait to hear the album!

Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    if anyone wants the songs seperated into each individual one, i did it. uploading now. mediafire. just PM me.
    Me me me

Concert Stars
    can someone send me any type of link to listen? im not sure my PM are working

I would like to get the link as well.

Concert Stars
    so amazing!The album is EPIC!

are there any reviews from the critics yet? I wanna know what they think about the album!

Concert Stars
    best album yet. So excited to buy it next week! All of the songs are amazing!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I only wanted to listen to Blown Away (track) based on the lyrics someone else posted - and now I'm gonna have to listen to the rest of the album! Holy crap I love Carrie's voice on that song; very chill inducing...

Insane Carrie Fan
    diva101 and Ann055 like this.

I couldn't listen to it... Just waiting for someone to send me a link to download it :P

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by _luvqry View Post
    I couldn't listen to it... Just waiting for someone to send me a link to download it :P
    Same here lol.
    Very excited to hear it

Concert Stars
    picking singles is gonna be ridiculous haha

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    I listened to it on iTunes, and I posted my review on the listen't party thread. I know it's in the wrong place, and I apologize for that. Anyway, Blown Away is artistic, stunning, amazing, and beautiful! I love every single song on there!

I would love a link to please )

Link, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    Link, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
    hey m8... if u get some link please send to me as well :P

Insane Carrie Fan fearless_dancerrr's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    i need the link as well!!!!

Here's the stream link: Connecting to the iTunes Store.

•  
    Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast