• 3 Post By OLiNaaC.U
  • 4 Post By luxoricious
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By oldyfan
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 2 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 1 Post By liveasong
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: What We Know So Far About the Songs On Blown Away . . . .

Huge Carrie Follower julesb2183's Avatar

What We Know So Far About the Songs On Blown Away . . . .

1 - Good Girl : Carrie telling another girl that the guy she is with is no good and to open her eyes to that. Of course, we know that already

2 - Blown Away : Is about a young daughter getting revenge on her abusive, alcoholic father during a storm that is raging.

3- Two Black Cadallacs : A wife and mistress get revenge on the man who betrayed them both.

4- See You Again :

5- Do You Think About Me :

6 - Forever Changed : ďThat is the most wonderfully well-written song Iíve ever heard in my life. Thereís this young girl meeting the love of her life, getting married and having a baby. It takes you back in time, and there is something old fashioned about it. At the end, the momís obviously slipping away a little bit. It is a sad song, but itís not meant to be a sad song. Itís about love, being forever changed, forever loved.Ē

7 - Nobody Ever Told You : A self affirmation song, and tells people they are loved - Carrie says people don't get enough compliments.

Huge Carrie Follower julesb2183's Avatar
    8 - One Way Ticket : Island flavor escape type of song

9 - Thank God For Hometowns : a sweet salute to small-town life. “I heard that one when I was going back to my 10-year high school reunion,” the Checotah, OK, native says. “I listened to the demo when I was driving in to go stay with my parents. It was just very fitting in my heart at that time.”

10 - Good In Goodbye : bittersweet look at life beyond heartbreak that offers tender truth in the lines “As bad as it was/As bad as it hurt/I thank God I didn’t get what I thought I deserved.”

11 - Leave Love Alone : Carrie can't leave love alone, even though she tries. : )

12 - Cupid's Got A Shotgun : High energy song, Brad Paisley plays guitar on the song.

13 - Wine After Whiskey : Ballad about lost love

14 - Who Are You? :

New Carrie Fan
    i have an update about see you again ... it was originally written for the chronicles of narnia and is about about how someone who touches your heart and is always there.
    robinannhunt, hjj and nccountrygal like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Goodlooken82008's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I kinda wonder if who are you is about GOD!! I hope!! I love when she includes a Christian influenced song on her albums!! Jesus, Take the wheel, So Small/Wheel of the World, and Mama's Song/Temporary Home.

Concert Stars
    All of these songs tell great stories, and that is what this album is all about. Country music tells stories in its music, so I'd say we have a great country album!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan luxoricious's Avatar
    What I love about this album is that except for a few songs, they have all a very unique sound to it.
    I remember when CR was released, we all were saying, for example, So small is the new Jesus take the wheel, Last name the new Before he cheats, GOOTT the new The night before, etc.
    And the same we did with Play on.

But you can't do that with this album! No Carrie song sounds like Blown away, or One way ticket, or evenn TBC. You know?

Hopefully when we hear the songs in full we'll be loving it even more, but so far I'm absolutely in love with these clips =D

Concert Stars
    I am fine with whatever Who are You is about whether it is about God or a relationship. I am sure it us beautiful either way as i loved the clips.

But i am definitely seeing different interpretations of the song from different people so i think it will be open to different meanings depending on your perspective.

I dont think it is in your face religious from what I am hearing.. Rather the lyrics are general enough to go either way.
    Goodlooken82008 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am fine with whatever Who are You is about whether it is about God or a relationship. I am sure it us beautiful either way as i loved the clips.

But i am definitely seeing different interpretations of the song from different people so i think it will be open to different meanings depending on your perspective.

I dont think it is in your face religious from what I am hearing.. Rather the lyrics are general enough to go either way.
    Tee, Carrie has done great with all the songs that have a spiritual message. Carrie's songs about faith are not preachie, or in your face...but, she doesn't shy away from them either. Right out the door we had Jesus Take The Wheel. I don't think anyone would be surprised with any message of faith she might put on her new album, and I'm fairly confident Carrie wouldn't include them if they were messages she didn't want conveyed.

Concert Stars
    I love Carrie's spiritual songs so i did not mean to imply otherwise.

But my head is always spinning thinking of the critics and some despised TH abd Change on PO as they either missed the meaning of TH comepletely or found Change too preachy or idol gives backish for their taste.

So sometimes a less obvious message might take to their cynical jaded palates better. Lol
    mtreasmith likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

But my head is always spinning thinking of the critics and some despised TH abd Change on PO as they either missed the meaning of TH comepletely or found Change too preachy or idol gives backish for their taste.

So sometimes a less obvious message might take to their cynical jaded palates better. Lol
    As you well know by now, some of Carrie's critics are never going to be satisfied no matter what her song choices are. I have reminded you for years now not to be so worried, it's just not to be. Haha. That being said I would start to worry myself if you stopped worrying. :-)

Concert Stars
    Lol @ people caring about critics' opinions!

I get what Tee means. I do think songs like JTTW are "in your face" religious songs in that they're obviously about religion. Who Are You seems like a song that one can extrapolate different meanings from. I personally prefer that since I'm not an overtly religious person or anything and I like ambiguous songs. That's what My Heart is my favorite Paramore song and Trains is my favorite Porcupine Tree song.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Critics were just down right dumb about Temporary Home. I feel like they did not even give it a chance. Besides Who Are You I believe See You Again may have some religious undertones, but that can just be because we know it was in competition for the Narnia soundtrack.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

I'm with you, Tee! I love how Carrie shares her faith and is PROUD!

Concert Stars
    The way Carrie sings about her faith and her love for God is just beautiful. Even though I don't share the same religious beliefs as Carrie, I love when she's singing religious songs because it's just so pure and angelic when she does it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I honestly believe Blown Away is Carrie's best album yet. It's fresh, it's different and definitely a step up from her previous album Play On. I'm in love with the clips and cannot wait to hear the album in full.

8 Days!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    The way Carrie sings about her faith and her love for God is just beautiful. Even though I don't share the same religious beliefs as Carrie, I love when she's singing religious songs because it's just so pure and angelic when she does it.
    Yeah, Carrie's vocals are always top notch on religious songs. My favorite vocal from her will always be How Great Thou Art. It makes me feel pure lol. It always makes me cry and it's the single most vulnerable yet powerful vocal from her ever.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The only criticism I may have with Carrie is her refusal to sing songs like LAM and FC live. She is limiting her ability of touching others in her performances and sharing this vulnerablity. Also, some great songs may not be offered to her or at the minimal will have little impact as it might otherwise.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    The only criticism I may have with Carrie is her refusal to sing songs like LAM and FC live. She is limiting her ability of touching others in her performances and sharing this vulnerablity. Also, some great songs may not be offered to her or at the minimal will have little impact as it might otherwise.
    I think she can change her mind about FC. Hey she finally joined Twitter and we thought that was never going to happen. Plus depending on how well that song is received by others she may have to change her mind as her label may decide to make it a single. lol

If nothing else maybe she will at least sing it at the Opry sometime. I would think she would be able to do that even if she does get emotional.

•