Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Compilation of BA Track descriptions

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    4,400

    Compilation of BA Track descriptions

    So we've been inundated with track descriptions for Blown Away.

    I decided to compile them here.

    Let me know if there's more so I add them.

  • #2
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    these descriptions are amazing..makes me even more excited about the cd!!

  • #3
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    So we've been inundated with track descriptions for Blown Away.

    I decided to compile them here.

    Let me know if there's more so I add them.
    Very very nice blog about the album. Thank you for posting. Cant wait for May 1st.

  • #4
    Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere In The World
    Posts
    323
    Thank you for posting this! I am even more excited about this album than before!

  • #5
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Now, I'm more impressed by Blown Away's description than any other description.

    Two Black Cadillacs reminds me of Goodbye Earl now. I thought it was gonna be about something more intense. x)

    One Way Ticket . . . there was literally no real description on it.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,412
    Concert Stars
    Murders pretty intense Nicole haha
    Becca
    Johngalt likes this.

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Now that we are starting to hear little tidbits of information about all the songs, I am even more excited to hear this album! I'm so proud of Carrie for taking her time to create an album that makes her proud. The descriptions of the songs sound amazing.
    Blown Away sounds epic. Two Black Cadillacs sounds like it will be very out of character for Carrie and I love that! Forever Changed sounds like it will make me cry. I could go on and on about the information we have already lol. C'mon May 1st!

    Nicole, I think that Two Black Cadillacs sounds more intense in some ways than Goodbye Earl. Earl was very tongue in cheek in some ways, and not all that dark really. The description of TBC being "deliciously dark" makes me think it will tell a great story. It kind of reminds me of a SheDaisy song called "A Night To Remember"...that song is deliciously dark...it tells a great story and packs a punch with the end result. That song has a mysterious midtempo arrangement that drives the song. I think TBC might be like that, too.
    Johngalt likes this.

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan CUFan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    8,762
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for that. looking forward to this album so much!

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan 12russ79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,636
    Concert Stars
    Ellie and to think I knew you when you were just another poster on Cfans... Another great blog my friend...

    ďAs bad as it was/As bad as it hurt/I thank God I didnít get what I thought I deserved.Ē

    This line is microcosm of most peoples life's... Or in other words the story in our mind is always 10 times worse then reality...GOOD IN GOODYE could be a real sleeper and turn out to be one of the Gems on an album that seems to have 14 of em.... This album seems like its gonna be for a rocker like me but also be for a Roots guy like Farawayhills... It seems like its gonna be eclectic in its diversity...LMAO.... And I havnt even heard any clips yet....

  • #10
    Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    826
    cant wait forthe cd!!!

  • #11
    Carrie Guru Country_Carrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    16,694
    Concert Stars
    Gosh I'm so excited!!!!!

  • #12
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,319
    Concert Stars
    The blog was awesome! I love reading all the descriptions and can't wait for the album. I will be anxiously waiting!

  • #13
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,531
    Concert Stars
    I absolutely see the Goodbye Earl comparison to 2 Black Cadillacs--- but I think that makes it awesome! ha ha

    How much more intense can you get then murder? lol

    unless they do something different then kill the guy. lol Maybe go Bobbit on him. lol
    Ann055 and Johngalt like this.

  • #14
    Obsessed Carrie Fan 12russ79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,636
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I absolutely see the Goodbye Earl comparison to 2 Black Cadillacs--- but I think that makes it awesome! ha ha

    How much more intense can you get then murder? lol

    unless they do something different then kill the guy. lol Maybe go Bobbit on him. lol
    LMFAO..... Tee did you really just say that..
    Well I guess that does explain why there is TWO BLACK CADILLACS... One for him and one for his.... HOBBIT... LOL
    Ann055 and Johngalt like this.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,128
    ^^Russ you crack me up everytime lol.


    Excellent blog, Elie. Left a comment.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Murders pretty intense Nicole haha
    Becca
    Not always

    Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl - YouTube
    Guns N' Roses, Used to Love Her - Fox Late Night Show 1988 - YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Nicole, I think that Two Black Cadillacs sounds more intense in some ways than Goodbye Earl. Earl was very tongue in cheek in some ways, and not all that dark really. The description of TBC being "deliciously dark" makes me think it will tell a great story. It kind of reminds me of a SheDaisy song called "A Night To Remember"...that song is deliciously dark...it tells a great story and packs a punch with the end result. That song has a mysterious midtempo arrangement that drives the song. I think TBC might be like that, too.
    Maybe it is darker. For some reason, that description just brought me right to Goodbye Earl, and I mean, that song's freaking awesome, but I feel misled now lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I absolutely see the Goodbye Earl comparison to 2 Black Cadillacs--- but I think that makes it awesome! ha ha
    Agreed, but if it's anything like Goodbye Earl, it'll take some time to get accustomed to this idea. That's the problem with knowing all this before the release date. You get these preconceived notions, and those notions can easily turn to fallacy.

    What Can I Say? is a good example. I totally thought it was gonna be a borderline lame uptempo song. It ended up being my favorite song on the record.

  • #17
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    4,400
    You're welcome everyone.
    I have another article coming up in a few hours which I think you'd like.

    In other news, I'm trying to find some contact info for Arista Nashville to see if they'd be interested in me reviewing the album like those other journalists. Hopeless, I know. But worth a shot - especially that they're making international advances.

  • #18
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by eliefares View Post
    You're welcome everyone.
    I have another article coming up in a few hours which I think you'd like.

    In other news, I'm trying to find some contact info for Arista Nashville to see if they'd be interested in me reviewing the album like those other journalists. Hopeless, I know. But worth a shot - especially that they're making international advances.
    Dont make us wait too long for your new article please.lol. Hope Arista will give you a chance because you are good at reviews/blogs.

    How is university these days?

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    4,400
    ^ An extended Easter break. We go back on Tuesday. Med school is ridiculous.

  • #20
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    4,400
    Also if anyone knows any way to get into contact with Arista, message me


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Compilation of album and track sales, by year and by era
      By Pi314CA in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: 02-13-2012, 09:14 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •