About promo singles

I just wonder if Carrie will release the promo singles before may.1 ?
    If does i guess they would be "Blown Away" and "See You Again",how do you guys think about?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    There is a group here that don't think there will be early releases of songs this time. I am one of them.

Junior Carrie Follower Fandango's Avatar
    I doubt that will happen at this point. in fact, as a strategy I haven't seen any artists do that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    There is a group here that don't think there will be early releases of songs this time. I am one of them.
    I think i have to join your group right now. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I doubt that will happen at this point. in fact, as a strategy I haven't seen any artists do that lately.
    As i know Rascal Flatts did last month. They released two new singles before the album release date.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't think it'll happen this time around, especially since it's pretty much confirmed BA will be the second single and the video will be released in the next few weeks. If they're planning on releasing a second single before the album drops, I wouldn't think they'd plan on releasing 3-4 more additional tracks with the Itunes countdown thing. Her team has been so tight-lipped this era, I just couldn't see them wanting to release tracks before the album drops, or unless it's an official single. I'm personally fine with the fact that a lot of artists have moved away from this tactic, because it ruins some of the surprise, but that's just my opinion.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't think we are getting promo singles this time. Carrie and her team seem to be taking great measures to keep the albums underwraps until release day. From the way Carrie has been talking about the album, it may be that she wants all of us to hear it as a whole as opposed to picking random tracks to sell on iTunes in the weeks leading up to the album.
    Only a few more weeks, and we will have the whole album as Carrie intended.
    I think BA will be officially announced as the second single quite quickly after GG peaks.

If we were going to get promo singles, they probably would have started releasing them last week, since they usually do 4 promo singles including the lead single (one per week until the album release). So I don't think we're getting any this time.

Only 2 more weeks!

Concert Stars
    ^no we are not and thank goodness for that. I felt they didnt work at all

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    If we were going to get promo singles, they probably would have started releasing them last week, since they usually do 4 promo singles including the lead single (one per week until the album release). So I don't think we're getting any this time.

Only 2 more weeks!
    YES!!! just 2 more weeks,can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I don't think it'll happen this time around, especially since it's pretty much confirmed BA will be the second single and the video will be released in the next few weeks. If they're planning on releasing a second single before the album drops, I wouldn't think they'd plan on releasing 3-4 more additional tracks with the Itunes countdown thing. Her team has been so tight-lipped this era, I just couldn't see them wanting to release tracks before the album drops, or unless it's an official single. I'm personally fine with the fact that a lot of artists have moved away from this tactic, because it ruins some of the surprise, but that's just my opinion.
    Hope Good Girl will have a higher peak when the album release,or maybe the next single will do better than it.

Carrie Follower
    I think GOOD GIRL will hit number #1 in 5-6 weeks since there are so many strong songs at the top right now... in reality, I believe GOOD GIRL is the #1 requested song, it already hit #1 on Itunes for 3 weeks straight, #1 video, etc. but for some strange reason it takes country singles weeks and weeks to reach #1 -- its not right since the Hot 100 songs can debut at #1 pretty often (katy perry, gaga, etc) but it even take Taylor, Carrie, Jason, Keith 8-12 weeks to peak.. they need to change the Billboard ranking as its obviously flawed right now. I think Sony/BMG is just waiting a few weeks before pushing GG since they know that Lady A, Miranda, etc will likely hit #1 first out of the old-school courtesy system... agree anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by puggle10 View Post
    I think GOOD GIRL will hit number #1 in 5-6 weeks since there are so many strong songs at the top right now... in reality, I believe GOOD GIRL is the #1 requested song, it already hit #1 on Itunes for 3 weeks straight, #1 video, etc. but for some strange reason it takes country singles weeks and weeks to reach #1 -- its not right since the Hot 100 songs can debut at #1 pretty often (katy perry, gaga, etc) but it even take Taylor, Carrie, Jason, Keith 8-12 weeks to peak.. they need to change the Billboard ranking as its obviously flawed right now. I think Sony/BMG is just waiting a few weeks before pushing GG since they know that Lady A, Miranda, etc will likely hit #1 first out of the old-school courtesy system... agree anyone??
    Definitely Good Girl will be the country chart No.1,but its hard for the Hot 100 songs.... BTW,i really wonder how could this Katy Perry things reach the top of Hot 100...

•