Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: (Possible) Official UK release

(Possible) Official UK release

I pre-ordered my copy of Blown Away from amazon.co.uk a few weeks ago, & it was listed for release on May 1st (obviously, the same date as the US).
    Yesterday, I recieved an email from Amazon saying that the estimated arival date has been changed to "June 21 2012 - June 23 2012" (the website lists it for release on June 18 2012).
    When PO was released, the UK got it the day before (1st November) as albums are released on Mondays here rather that Tuesdays. Therefore, it was pretty obvious that Carrie wasn't going to do any promotion here as she would be focusing on US promo at the same time.

This may just be me getting my hopes up, but this could mean that June 18th will be the official UK/international release - possibly indicating some international promotion in the near future? This would fit in with Carrie's statement that she isn't going to tour until the fall.

This is just my conspiracy theory , obviously, nothing has been confirmed.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Nothing wrong with dreaming big. I do hope she does some international promo/touring this era. I just think she is too good to limit herself to U.S, and Canada, but it is her career, lol.

IMO, summer would be the perfect time to do some international promo. Even if the Preds make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, they'll be done by mid-June & Mike could probably travel with Carrie.

I hope they have some UK promo lined up! Carrie is long overdue for that.

Concert Stars
    I think this is very possible. Last June carrie released the Australian deluxe edition of play on the week she came there for her promo tour. It is very possible she is doing that for the UK with blown away.

Question: are there any TV shows Carrie could go on in the UK at that time like the x factor!? She performed on dancing with the stars in Australia last June etc. To help promote herself there. Does the UK have anything she could perform on during the time frame in which the album drops?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    If she were to come over here, I'm sure she'd go on chat shows, with people like Jools Holland. They're are slots she could do from breakfast to late night. She'd also do radio, probably Bob Harris Country (which has a standard format of an interview, punctuated by two live songs and one recorded album track).

CarrieUK's idea of doing a Summer promotion could be on the mark - but I'm less sure about the wisdom of not letting people buy the album for seven weeks. The songs will be all over the internet - and with the best will in the world, not every listener is going to be loyal enough or patient enough to make a belated purchase of songs they've already found elsewhere. I understand the promotional tie-in, especially for new fans, but I also think the whole concept of relying on official release dates in different regions has been overtaken by events.

Amazon'de (the German site) still has May 1st - but for a US import, not a local release.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I think this is very possible. Last June carrie released the Australian deluxe edition of play on the week she came there for her promo tour. It is very possible she is doing that for the UK with blown away.

Question: are there any TV shows Carrie could go on in the UK at that time like the x factor!? She performed on dancing with the stars in Australia last June etc. To help promote herself there. Does the UK have anything she could perform on during the time frame in which the album drops?
    Unfortunatly, all the big shows like the X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing & The Voice aren't on in June. I think Farawayhills could be right. There are lots of big (daytime & evening) chat shows that Carrie could go on (such as The Graham Norton Show or The Alan Titchmarsh show) that will introduce Carrie to a wide range of audiences - whilst letting Carrie tell her story to new ears. When Lady Antebellum & Sugarland did some promo here, they focused on chat shows & morning television, which may be a good path for Carrie to follow if she did come over.

I say hit the chat shows...I wouldn't even mind if she did no television promotion at all, but SUCKED UP TO RADIO.

Lol, I really believe that's the best way to introduce a new artist to a country. Not by throwing him/her on a huge show, leaving everyone going "Who's that?". Rather, play some songs for radio people, and get them to like you and your music. THEN, let them start playing your music. The fans will take it from there.

Anyway, very exciting news about a possible international release date with promo! She can stay in N. America for a few weeks after the album, and then rush down to the UK to do a week's worth of promo there! So glad that more and more things are starting to indicate she's going international with this album! Just wish Carrie herself would say something, or even drop a little hint.

Also excited to see what they're planning for Australia. With the week of promo that they did there in the summer, I'm really hoping they're gonna supplement that with some active promotion for this album!

Junior Carrie Follower Fandango's Avatar
    well Good Girl has already been added to radio in the UK. BBC Radio 2 is the most listened to station and it is on their B List:
    BBC - Radio 2 - Playlist

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie finally decides to promote her music outside of the US. I'm happy that Good Girl has been added to BBC Radio 2's playlist. That's a good sign. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a UK visit sometime soon.

@Carrie_UK
    UK Carebears, @carrieunderwood's Blown Away has just been added to HMV for release on April 30th! Preorder yours here: http://t.co/FXJkmQsp

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    well Good Girl has already been added to radio in the UK. BBC Radio 2 is the most listened to station and it is on their B List:
    BBC - Radio 2 - Playlist
    That link says that GG is on the A list as of April 7.

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    That link says that GG is on the A list as of April 7.
    Wow, good!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUK View Post
    Unfortunatly, all the big shows like the X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing & The Voice aren't on in June. I think Farawayhills could be right. There are lots of big (daytime & evening) chat shows that Carrie could go on (such as The Graham Norton Show or The Alan Titchmarsh show) that will introduce Carrie to a wide range of audiences - whilst letting Carrie tell her story to new ears. When Lady Antebellum & Sugarland did some promo here, they focused on chat shows & morning television, which may be a good path for Carrie to follow if she did come over.
    thanx. that sounds like a good plan, especially since i do remember other american idols like kelly clarson starting out in the UK by doing lots of radio shows etc.

It looks like this is going to happen, Carebears!
    HMV has also moved their release date to the 18th of June & is listing BA as a UK version with bonus tracks (much like the Ausralian Deluxe edition of Play On).

It lists the tracklist as follows;
    1. Good Girl
    2. Blown Away
    3. Two Black Cadillacs
    4. See You Again
    5. Do You Think About Me
    6. Forever Changed
    7. Nobody Ever Told You
    8. One Way Ticket
    9. Thank God For Hometowns
    10. Good In Goodbye
    11. Leave Love Alone
    12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    13. Wine After Whiskey
    14. Who Are You
    15. Cowboy Casanova
    16. Before He Cheats
    17. Last Name
    18. Jesus, Take The Wheel

Very exciting! Plus, it's at #33 on their Pre-order chart, which is pretty great for an album that's not released until June.
    rainbow1, Ann055 and nccountrygal like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow!! Very exciting!! I'm so happy for you!!

Having a special UK edition of the CD is very promising. They did the same before heading to Australia, so I think it looks very, very good for them having some UK promo lined up! Since they changed the UK release date to June, perhaps they're planning to head over there once they finish some promo in the US.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Tee, if this happens, arent you happy she isn't heavily touring till Fall?
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Gosh, I'd love to be a fly looking at Carrie's calendar right about now!!! I bet for the next couple of months she's going to be a VERY busy girl. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that after CMA fest she's heading across the pond!!!

Concert Stars
    This is unbelievably exciting. I'll be in London at that time so I would DIE if Carrie came over. I'm totally getting that album, even if I already have all of the songs by then, haha.

And seriously, what I wouldn't give to see Carrie on The Graham Norton Show...

Junior Carrie Follower Daydreamer81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Unfortunately like carrie_uk said x factor and strictly air in the fall and the voice ends a couple of weeks before she is due out. There's Britain got talent although that may end before she goes out there I'm not sure.
    I'm excited she's going to the UK. I'm a bit of an anglophile so it'll be exciting to see her over there. Also I know there are some fans on here that live there so I really hope they get the chance to see her.
    teesharky likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast