Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Server move & new ownership

Concert Stars
    Thank You for everything you have done for this site!

Thank you for everything James!

Concert Stars
    OMy...thanks for everything James and continued best wishes in all your new adventures! You built an awesome Carrie fan forum and I've enjoyed all my years here!
    gwade82 and jaylee50 like this.

Thank you so much for everything, James! I can't believe it's been 8 years! Good luck to everything! Cheers!

Junior Carrie Follower
    God Speed

Many Blessings

Concert Stars
    Happy trails, James. It was a hoot. Maybe we'll run into each other again out there somewhere in the world wide web.
    Scott likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Hello all,

I never commented in this thread before but I wanted to leave my contact information here in case I need to be contacted about any future site issues or outages. You can email me at carriefanshelp@gmail.com.
    teesharky, txacar, terilyn and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    tx so much! You know about the hack job right? Tx. Oops sorry for the bold print.
    jaylee50 likes this.

^Thank you very, very much.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Great to see that the hacker has apparently been defeated and that the site has returned to normal! Thank you to whoever is responsible for this victory!
    opry051008 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    tx so much! You know about the hack job right? Tx. Oops sorry for the bold print.
    Did anyone figure out who hacked this site, because when I looked like 3 weeks ago it still wasn't working on my end.

Concert Stars
    Can someone put a stop to those commercials that load & begin to automatically play every time you click a new page?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I emailed Chris, the new owner, about the "server busy" messages. I still get them on a daily basis - at least once a day. The traffic on this site is much lighter than it was years ago and back then we only crashed it when there was a major amount of people logged on to talk about something new with Carrie. Consider how easy it now is for the server to be "busy", I worry that we won't be able to access CF when real news starts breaking about the album, when the single is released, when the album is released, etc. I won't know what to do if I can't get on here and talk to all of you about new Carrie music, lol. Hopefully he can do something to make the server function a little better.
    pklongbeach, Curr, terilyn and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ...yes it is definitely disheartening. Especially when I go on 3 paragraph tyraids and then hit enter and it says server busy!!!!!! Augh!!!
    terilyn and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am happy to report that Chris responded to my email within a couple of hours of me sending it. He asked how long the problem had been occurring. I told him several months to a year (feels like forever, but I'm not sure). I did tell him that the server busy messages pre-dated the hack that occurred recently. I told him that we have gotten used to it, but that I have concerns about the site staying "busy" when information starts to break about Carrie's new CD. He didn't give me a timeline or anything, but I was happy he responded so quickly.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Chris emailed me again today. His message is below. I'm so happy that he is turning out to be just as helpful and supportive as James was when he ran the site!

I have my programmer looking into this. Apparently the forum software has a load limiter built into to keep the load from getting so high that it crashes the server. We're trying to make adjustments to it now and I'll get back to you, but this is obviously a problem I want to get fixed and I appreciate you bringing it up.
    Curr, sd20, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Kizmet, I for one just don't buy that explanation. I have tried to go from one page t another & gotten server busy messages. IO have been right in the middle of writing something & tried to post it only to get server busy. If I am already on the site there should be no issue with a load limit. But, at least he got back to you.
    maddkat likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ kind of agree.I get the server message sometimes early morning when there's hardly anyone on
    gran29 and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am just appreciative of his responsiveness to me and to the issue. I am not sure how involved he is in the site maintenance or how familiar he even is with the software on the site. He may have taken it over from James and just kind of lets it run itself unless we alert him to a problem. Hopefully he will realize how utilized the site is and work to get a solution to the server busy problems.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Can someone put a stop to those commercials that load & begin to automatically play every time you click a new page?
    Can you tell me what types of ads you're getting? Is anyone else seeing that? There shouldn't be any other ads other than the normal google ads as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood
    Kizmet, I for one just don't buy that explanation. I have tried to go from one page t another & gotten server busy messages. IO have been right in the middle of writing something & tried to post it only to get server busy. If I am already on the site there should be no issue with a load limit. But, at least he got back to you.
    That's what my programmer told me, it can also be that there could be all these automatic bots indexing and accessing the site (some good and some bad). These won't show up as users but still carry a load on the site.

I actually just adjusted the server limit setting about a day ago. Has anyone noticed a difference, either better or worse in the last day?

•  
    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast