Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

  1. #1
    Site Owner
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,424
    Concert Stars

    Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

    I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
    post-thanks.jpg

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    4,011
    I'll miss it. Well, going to use the like button instead. Thanks

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,438
    Well since I don't have a facebook page guess I'll be doing posts!!! Man that will get my post count up in a hurry!!!!

  • #4
    Site Owner
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,424
    Concert Stars
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.

  • #5
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.
    It seems interesting.

    I took a better look now... Is it possible to like a post? I think we can only like a thread lol

  • #6
    Site Owner
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,424
    Concert Stars
    Yeah I'm going to add that afterwhile.

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.
    I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!


  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!

    James is going to fix us up with another feather like the thanks button!!

  • #9
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,372
    Concert Stars
    I sure hope that reputation thing works, there's alot of stuff that I'm sure shouldn't be going to facebook.

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
    post-thanks.jpg
    I just reread this again with clean glasses and speaking only for myself, I didn't find the thanks button annoying!!! I used it to let my fellow posters and friends know that the pictures or articles or useful information they shared was appreciated. But perhaps from your end it adds alot of bits and bytes baggage on the site.


  • #11
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,730
    Concert Stars
    Is the started of the thread the only one that can get a like button? If it is connected at all to my facebook I doubt I will use it. I tend to not use fb too much.

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,023
    I'm another one who's not on Facebook - mind you, I wasn't on Twitter either until we all got blown away!

    I've seen the reputation feature before, and it does work in doing much the same thing.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    What is the Green dot that says ".... is on the distinguised road " ?

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    What is the Green dot that says ".... is on the distinguised road " ?
    I'm hoping there's a pot of gold at the end of it -- I know I sure could use it!!!!

  • #15
    Carrie Guru carebearcarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    16,086
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.
    can you only like themain thread post though? it doesnt show up on individual posts in a thread...

  • #16
    Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere In The World
    Posts
    323
    I don't have a Facebook, but I never liked that "thanks button" much either. So, thank you so much for all of your hard work, James!

  • #17
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    lol I hear ya!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well since I don't have a facebook page guess I'll be doing posts!!! Man that will get my post count up in a hurry!!!!

  • #18
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    Why in the world does my reply with a quote screw up ? what am I doing wrong? feel so stupid!

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    Why in the world does my reply with a quote screw up ? what am I doing wrong? feel so stupid!
    Your post/reply looks fine to me? What are you seeing that you think is wrong?

  • #20
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    I hate Facebook and sharing with other people who don't give a crap something I'm interested in. To be honest, I hate most of my Facebook friends, and I have 500+.

    Sorry. Little rant right there.
    Cps235 likes this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •