Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

Site Owner
    Concert Stars

Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
    post-thanks.jpg

I'll miss it. Well, going to use the like button instead. Thanks

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well since I don't have a facebook page guess I'll be doing posts!!! Man that will get my post count up in a hurry!!!!

Site Owner
    Concert Stars
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.
    It seems interesting.

I took a better look now... Is it possible to like a post? I think we can only like a thread lol

Site Owner
    Concert Stars
    Yeah I'm going to add that afterwhile.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!

James is going to fix us up with another feather like the thanks button!!

Concert Stars
    I sure hope that reputation thing works, there's alot of stuff that I'm sure shouldn't be going to facebook.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
    post-thanks.jpg
    I just reread this again with clean glasses and speaking only for myself, I didn't find the thanks button annoying!!! I used it to let my fellow posters and friends know that the pictures or articles or useful information they shared was appreciated. But perhaps from your end it adds alot of bits and bytes baggage on the site.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Is the started of the thread the only one that can get a like button? If it is connected at all to my facebook I doubt I will use it. I tend to not use fb too much.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I'm another one who's not on Facebook - mind you, I wasn't on Twitter either until we all got blown away!

I've seen the reputation feature before, and it does work in doing much the same thing.

Carrie Guru
    What is the Green dot that says ".... is on the distinguised road " ?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    What is the Green dot that says ".... is on the distinguised road " ?
    I'm hoping there's a pot of gold at the end of it -- I know I sure could use it!!!!

Concert Stars
    can you only like themain thread post though? it doesnt show up on individual posts in a thread...

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    I don't have a Facebook, but I never liked that "thanks button" much either. So, thank you so much for all of your hard work, James!

lol I hear ya!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well since I don't have a facebook page guess I'll be doing posts!!! Man that will get my post count up in a hurry!!!!

Why in the world does my reply with a quote screw up ? what am I doing wrong? feel so stupid!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    Why in the world does my reply with a quote screw up ? what am I doing wrong? feel so stupid!
    Your post/reply looks fine to me? What are you seeing that you think is wrong?

Concert Stars
    I hate Facebook and sharing with other people who don't give a crap something I'm interested in. To be honest, I hate most of my Facebook friends, and I have 500+.

Sorry. Little rant right there.
    Cps235 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast