Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: American Idol 2019 (season 2. ABC)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ Simon made the show imo, Randy and paula could have been changed out for anyone
    these kids need a does of reality not being told how great they are every second when they simply are not.Giving them this false sense of a future that's not going to be.It's cruel.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They need to get rid of the show, it does nothing for these contestants other than give them a platform to showcase their vocal talent.... It's sad that the judges critique the way they do, instead of being honest to them..... At least Simon was more honest in way of ones vocal performance...... And we see since the winning of Carrie, the best vocalist has not one since..... IMO......

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    They need to get rid of the show, it does nothing for these contestants other than give them a platform to showcase their vocal talent.... It's sad that the judges critique the way they do, instead of being honest to them..... At least Simon was more honest in way of ones vocal performance...... And we see since the winning of Carrie, the best vocalist has not one since..... IMO......
    Jordin Sparks

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think we all agree singing shows are a thing of the past. They don’t propel the artists into superstardom as they once did/promised.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    However would Gabby Barrett gained this much traction if she had not done AI this quickly? Of course we will never know and she has a long way to go before she can claim stardom but she has a nice start.
    rainbow1 and simonplay like this.

Concert Stars
    I just can't put down Idol, because it gave us Carrie. Maybe the contestants aren't Stars, but many of them have been able to make a good living, doing what they love.
    simonplay, hjj, Suellen and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    That may be the single most inane comment I have ever seen.

I'm just thankful we got Carrie from this and dont expect to get anything even close in any years to come. I honestly dont know if they would even put Carrie through to the live shows if she was on it today. Seems like its not even about the voice anymore
    Suellen likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    I'm just thankful we got Carrie from this and dont expect to get anything even close in any years to come. I honestly dont know if they would even put Carrie through to the live shows if she was on it today. Seems like its not even about the voice anymore
    That's because Simon knew what it took to become a star. I don't think these other judges have a clue. Plus I hate the theme weeks so bad. Hated them when Carrie was on it and hate them now. They have them singing stuff that is so old and no longer relevant.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345