Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree1345Likes

Thread: American Idol 2018 on ABC

23 - The Band of Heathens - Hurricane

A guy auditioned with that song yesterday and it come from nowhere to #23 now on itunes.
    Or people loved the song or the raiting were higher yesterday.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    ^yeah! I am not a fan of accomplished performers coming on as if they are "competing" in the same way as others who have no idea what is going on around them. Its just not fair and I don't see the point is highlighting and "finding" some untapped talent when it has already been "totally tapped".
    But in general, I don't like seeing them build whole packages around specific singers because it gives away the fact that you have already chosen them.

And yes, they did it with Carrie but I felt somewhat duped and did not like it once it became obvious!
    You think they had picked Carrie? Gosh, I never got that feeling at all. I really thought they were pushing/had chosen Bo. I think they had a few packages on Carrie because she had a great backstory and was an all American girl. But as far as a 'chosen' one -- I really thought they had their eggs in the Bo Bice basket!!! Thankfully and rightfully so, America got it right!!!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^so he was going to Hollywood before he walked in the door...same crap they started doing last time.Which is probably why most people turned it off and it tanked.AI is such a sham

Absolutely!
    maddkat likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    You think they had picked Carrie? Gosh, I never got that feeling at all. I really thought they were pushing/had chosen Bo. I think they had a few packages on Carrie because she had a great backstory and was an all American girl. But as far as a 'chosen' one -- I really thought they had their eggs in the Bo Bice basket!!! Thankfully and rightfully so, America got it right!!!!
    Well whether she was the producer's 'chosen one' or not it was clear she was the public's 'chosen one' .They have said she won the voting every single week and by a large margin. I think after a few weeks they started pushing Bo to make it seem like a contest.Carrie had it in the bag with her talent & personality from the beginning. :-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Well whether she was the producer's 'chosen one' or not it was clear she was the public's 'chosen one' .They have said she won the voting every single week and by a large margin. I think after a few weeks they started pushing Bo to make it seem like a contest.Carrie had it in the bag with her talent & personality from the beginning. :-)
    Agreed -- that's why at the end of my comment I said that thankfully America get it right! And I think that the producers/show runners were glad for someone like Carrie because it really was a feel good story. An unknown picked from her normal everyday life and look at her now!!! A MEGA MEGA SUPERSTAR!!!!

And thankfully Carrie came along in the show's run that it was still new and it had lots of eyeballs watching. And it didn't feel like there was all kinds of manipulation and interference from the producers.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I was even more irked and hoped that Bo got booted when he said he was only in it because of a bet between him and his mother that he would never join...

Carrie had it from the beginning..... Even Simon before his prediction was on Oprah's show said that you could take her out of the competition and put her up with a par multi-platinum artist and be just as good.....
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Actuallly, I really liked the two shows. It felt only somewhat different with the new judges. I will take AI over the Voice any day JMO
    Last edited by oldyfan; 03-14-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    hjj, simonplay and pklongbeach like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Actuallly, I really liked the two shows. It felt only somewhat different with the new judges. I will takes AI over the Voice any day JMO
    I actually liked them too!!It felt different with the judges but I think it was supposed to feel different because it’s a new era of Idol on a different network.I will also take Idol over The Voice any day!!This one just feels more fun and fresh,IMO!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'll take Idol over The Voice too. Kelly is driving me nuts. I was willing to try it again but I just can't stand it.
    simonplay and oldyfan like this.

^ agree about Kelly, she is trying too hard, its so annoying! She have to calm down! Lol
    oldyfan and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    I watched the second episode and I liked it again. I think the judges are quickly developing a chemistry that works for them. Katy is pretty hilarious! And of course the boys just act off her. Luckily, Lionel is there to continue to bring it back to a competition of talent. So there is an overall good balance.

As for talent, there are no stars as of yet. Its hard to imagine there ever will be again......
    txacar, Suellen and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I actually like to scan for the talent on both shows, I've just come up a bit shy on both. LOL
    txacar and oldyfan like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ agree about Kelly, she is trying too hard, its so annoying! She have to calm down! Lol
    Kelly is always bubbly and awesome like that. That’s why I love her *shrug*
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Kelly is always bubbly and awesome like that. That’s why I love her *shrug*
    Good for you! I can not stand her in The Voice, maybe because the show is 2 hours long and its tiring to see her "bubbly" personality for that long.
    gran29 and oldyfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Good for you! I can not stand her in The Voice, maybe because the show is 2 hours long and its tiring to see her "bubbly" personality for that long.
    I think she was very nervous during tryouts, and will settle down and do well now that her team is full and the "real" show is underway.
    Last edited by txacar; 03-14-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    I love her personality and can handle ANYTHING better than Blake or Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I love her personality and can handle ANYTHING better than Blake or Adam.
    Me, too, and Blake and Adam are why I always record. Can't handle those two.
    oldyfan and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    will someone please install a seat belt on Richie's chair! Who told him it was a good idea to constantly be getting up and touching the contestants?

Loved the twins last night and the last woman. Not much else.
    txacar, Smokyiiis and hjj like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    LOL at Lionel touching everyone! It was definitely ANNOYING. I like the twins and the last woman too. I also liked the bldg mgmt woman that wrote her own song.

Concert Stars

•  
    Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast