Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1015
Like Tree1345Likes

Thread: American Idol 2018 on ABC

  1. #101
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    11,970
    Concert Stars
    I only watched AI last night because I knew a girl from my husband's hometown (Lebanon, KY in Marion County) was supposed to be on at some point (and she was on last night). She was Layla Spring and brought her little sister Dyxie out. I thought Layla was cute and I knew they had shown a lot of her in promos for the upcoming season, so I'm not surprised she made it through, although I don't know if she's good enough to make it very far. She set herself up with a good backstory and her adorable little sister, though, and sometimes that can get you a little farther even if you aren't the most talented. Don't get me wrong, Layla was good, I just don't know if she is good enough. I expected her to sing a country song, so her song choice surprised me. We saw a couple tweets last night saying she only got a golden ticket because they gave her sister one that said come back in 2026 and would feel bad if they didn't give Layla one. I don't think I want to be spoiled, but I wonder how far Layla makes it. I know they have filmed more footage of her than they showed in her video package last night. There is footage of her singing what I assume is the NA at a basketball game at her high school. I thought it was cool that they played SS at the end of Layla's audition! Loved hearing Carrie last night then and I adored hearing her voice in the opening monologue. I swear she can even talk/read a script and sound better than anyone else doing it, lol.

    There is also supposed to be a KY girl on the Voice, but I haven't been watching that and I don't know if she has auditioned yet.

    Other than Laya, the two standouts to me were Noah (the guy from AR who wants to buy alpacas) and Alyssa (from Orlando and her Dad is her BFF) - loved her voice and she's beautiful. I also liked the guy who had the high-pitched voice that was deep when he sang (Zach) and the last guy, Dennis. My hubby was hoping we would quit watching after last night, but I actually kind of enjoyed it and might watch some more of the auditions, although I will definitely watch again once auditions are over to see how Layla and the others I liked from night 1 do in the rest of the competition.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 03-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #102
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,811
    Concert Stars
    I have not seen it but I did record it as a series. I will see how far I get. I am kind of over the whole "competition show" thing. But I am curious if the format is the same.
    I still feel like something is missing in the cancelling of the show and then quickly bringing it back. Like they wanted to clean out some contracts that were previously holding on, possibly making things unnecessarily expensive.

  • #103
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    1,961
    Alyssa was definitely the best last night.. also, I like both Katy and Lionel last night.. Luke I don't think was that good. What I did like though is they didn't focus on the judges much at all. This to me is the main difference between Idol and the Voice.. ever time I switch to the voice they are focusing on the judges, not the contestants

  • #104
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    21,020
    Concert Stars
    solid start
    2.3/8 - adults 18-49
    10.34 mil viewers

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #105
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    5,429
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    solid start
    2.3/8 - adults 18-49
    10.34 mil viewers

    Especially since so many people I'll bet were focused on that murderer on the other channel.....aka O J
    txacar and oldyfan like this.

  • #106
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,077
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I only watched AI last night because I knew a girl from my husband's hometown (Lebanon, KY in Marion County) was supposed to be on at some point (and she was on last night). She was Layla Spring and brought her little sister Dyxie out. I thought Layla was cute and I knew they had shown a lot of her in promos for the upcoming season, so I'm not surprised she made it through, although I don't know if she's good enough to make it very far. She set herself up with a good backstory and her adorable little sister, though, and sometimes that can get you a little farther even if you aren't the most talented. Don't get me wrong, Layla was good, I just don't know if she is good enough. I expected her to sing a country song, so her song choice surprised me. We saw a couple tweets last night saying she only got a golden ticket because they gave her sister one that said come back in 2026 and would feel bad if they didn't give Layla one. I don't think I want to be spoiled, but I wonder how far Layla makes it. I know they have filmed more footage of her than they showed in her video package last night. There is footage of her singing what I assume is the NA at a basketball game at her high school. I thought it was cool that they played SS at the end of Layla's audition! Loved hearing Carrie last night then and I adored hearing her voice in the opening monologue. I swear she can even talk/read a script and sound better than anyone else doing it, lol.

    There is also supposed to be a KY girl on the Voice, but I haven't been watching that and I don't know if she has auditioned yet.

    Other than Laya, the two standouts to me were Noah (the guy from AK who wants to buy alpacas) and Alyssa (from Orlando and her Dad is her BFF) - loved her voice and she's beautiful. I also liked the guy who had the high-pitched voice that was deep when he sang (Zach) and the last guy, Dennis. My hubby was hoping we would quit watching after last night, but I actually kind of enjoyed it and might watch some more of the auditions, although I will definitely watch again once auditions are over to see how Layla and the others I liked from night 1 do in the rest of the competition.
    I don't want to sound persnickety, but he was from AR....AK is the postal code for Alaska.

    There were some really good ones last night. The girl from Orlando, the guy that had been homeless from Philly, the guy that sang Sinatra, and yes, the Alpaca guy from Arkansas.
    txacar, Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

  • #107
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    21,020
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Especially since so many people I'll bet were focused on that murderer on the other channel.....aka O J
    not many 1.2/5 w/4.4 mil

    but it was up against 60 Minutes which drew 8.5 mil
    txacar and oldyfan like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #108
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,902
    The real test will come tonight when it goes head to head with The Voice!
    txacar, Smokyiiis and oldyfan like this.

  • #109
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    11,970
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I don't want to sound persnickety, but he was from AR....AK is the postal code for Alaska.

    There were some really good ones last night. The girl from Orlando, the guy that had been homeless from Philly, the guy that sang Sinatra, and yes, the Alpaca guy from Arkansas.
    Oops! My bad. I know that, but you know how it is when you're typing quickly - sometimes you make typos!
    thaifood and txacar like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #110
    Ultimate Carrie Fan OkieChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,858
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's mom was on our local Tulsa news station after American Idol aired. https://www.facebook.com/KTULTV/vide...0168711960215/

  • #111
    Huge Carrie Follower gran29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    963
    Concert Stars
    I think Alyssa has a chance to go all the way to the finale. She has a beautiful voice.
    Carrieslegs84, hjj, txacar and 2 others like this.

  • #112
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,287
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    Carrie's mom was on our local Tulsa news station after American Idol aired. https://www.facebook.com/KTULTV/vide...0168711960215/
    Loved that. Thanks for sharing.
    Carrieslegs84, OkieChick and Gator like this.

  • #113
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    5,429
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieChick View Post
    Carrie's mom was on our local Tulsa news station after American Idol aired. https://www.facebook.com/KTULTV/vide...0168711960215/
    That was SWEET!!! Don't know how ya'll find this stuff but sure am glad you share it here!!

  • #114
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,811
    Concert Stars
    Watched the premier last night. it was good. I like the judged. Poor Lionel's face! Careful what you wish for when you are going under the knife. Maybe you should just rock what God gave you......

    Luke is the heart of the show, which is funny, but otherwise is fairly useless. Katy is good and she is going to have a good sense of who has talent and who can make it in the bus.
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #115
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    21,020
    Concert Stars
    Last nights show was inferior to Sunday's.Putting through that dancing,screeching woman was a joke. Overall not much talent and the judges were even more annoying.Why can't they just sit there and judge.Stop with the antics.No one cares. And Richie...if he hugs one more person I'm going to scream.Luke is just a disaster.He adds nothing.

    For once ,for me, the last act was actually the highlight of the show.His story, his smile, his singing... loved it.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #116
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    5,429
    Concert Stars
    If I HAD to pick one from last nights contestants I guess I would go with the last one too but quite honestly I didn't think anything was especially special about any of last night's contestants.
    txacar likes this.

  • #117
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    5,429
    Concert Stars
    Just saw this, which they must have edited out, but Kacey Musgraves and Katy Perry are in this attached video singing together with David Francisco so she definitely already knew this contestant.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGrLYkOKpo
    txacar likes this.

  • #118
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    21,020
    Concert Stars
    ^so he was going to Hollywood before he walked in the door...same crap they started doing last time.Which is probably why most people turned it off and it tanked.AI is such a sham
    txacar and pklongbeach like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #119
    Insane Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    5,514
    The premiere in Latin America is tomorrow but I already watched all the auditions in YouTube.
    I couldn't stop laughing at some auditions, the "wig" guy, the girl that screamed like crazy, Katy's fall, Katy in love with the contestant and more.
    About talent, the first girl yesterday that sing Love on the brain have an amazing voice!! With a little help and experience she can win.
    And the girl from Venezuela was awesome too, sure she go for a more entertaining audition but she hit some big notes!
    Then like always there is a lot of guys with ok voices and their guitars lol.
    The judges are great, specialy Katy and Lionel, Luke is a little awkward, like when he was hosting the ACM's.
    Can't wait to see it all over again tomorrow in my TV!!
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

  • #120
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,811
    Concert Stars
    ^yeah! I am not a fan of accomplished performers coming on as if they are "competing" in the same way as others who have no idea what is going on around them. Its just not fair and I don't see the point is highlighting and "finding" some untapped talent when it has already been "totally tapped".
    But in general, I don't like seeing them build whole packages around specific singers because it gives away the fact that you have already chosen them.

    And yes, they did it with Carrie but I felt somewhat duped and did not like it once it became obvious!


  •  
    Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Idol tour a triumphant return for Lauren Alaina
      By Naco1776 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
    2. Jennifer Lopez New Movie Role, Still Not Sure About Idol Return
      By Claire2004 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM
    3. American Idol Tweet Hints of a Carrie Appearance on Idol This year!
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •