Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree1345Likes

Thread: American Idol 2018 on ABC

Look I guess Maddie is a copy of Sarah Mclachlan, her hair looks the same, she sounds like her, she sang one of her songs on Idol and she is fan!! Haha!!

2001_McLachlan.jpg

Huge Carrie Follower
    Maddie has not sung a Sarah McLachlan song. She came close to singing one Adia, but the producers convinced her not to do it.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Caleb and Maddie revealed one of their songs in their hometown visits. Caleb is singing "Folsom Prison Blues", and Maddie is singing "Landslide".
    hjj and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Several here have mentioned that and that is fine, your talking about her delivery of the song. So what makes you think she deserves to win?
    I think she deserves to win bc imo she is the best compare to the ones left. But I only watched this Carrie driven episode and then some of their performances. I don't know how Michale made it that far, lol
    simonplay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Avira View Post
    Maddie has not sung a Sarah McLachlan song. She came close to singing one Adia, but the producers convinced her not to do it.
    She wanted to sing that song, that's the point.

Concert Stars
    I don’t know how much time the judges actually spend with them (except the mention of Luke working with Gabby pre idol) but I’m hoping the judge picked songs show us a teensy bit more about the contestants. Caleb...no two ways about it...

Huge Carrie Follower
    Apparently, Bobby Bones is mentoring again for the Top 3. I hope they don't edit in some ridiculous praise for Gabby during the mentoring segment.

Concert Stars
    Apparently, Bobby Bones is mentoring again for the Top 3. I hope they don't edit in some ridiculous praise for Gabby during the mentoring segment.
    why wouldn’t they?? She deserves just as much praise as the other two, and they all will get praise during their segments I’m sure.
    simonplay, hjj, rcramer and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    yeah they should just tell her she is a no talent hack with zero appeal. That seems to be the only thing that will satisfy some of you.
    Carrieslegs84 and simonplay like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow, take some chill pills.
    Avira likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    yeah they should just tell her she is a no talent hack with zero appeal. That seems to be the only thing that will satisfy some of you.
    I remember you being against the over-the-top praise of Adam Lambert in S8. You wouldn't have said anything if someone were saying this about Adam.

Concert Stars
    I remember you being against the over-the-top praise of Adam Lambert in S8. You wouldn't have said anything if someone were saying this about Adam.
    I have absolutely no issues with Adam Lambert. The issues are with his fans that are over the top. And frankly I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to get lambasted for just trying to achieve their dream. You guys all want to pick apart Gabby because she doesn't know who she is & she keeps doing Carrie songs or wants to do other Carrie songs. Well the girl is 17. Did you know exactly who you were & want you wanted to be at 17?

And just so you don't think I am playing favorites in this discussion. The only person I have voted for & the one I am rooting for is Maddie, not Gabby. I just don't see the benefit of squashing these kids.
    Maggie likes this.

Concert Stars
    Not a fan of Folsom. Especially when you have no real experience to draw from. The song itself is not good by any means. Johnny Cash was no musician he was an artist who drew art from experience. So its very had to imagine much of Caleb singing this song. The one thing it does do so preach to his base. That it will do and it will gain him "cred" which of course is ridiculous. But I am fine with him.

Maddie is once again making a really great song choice that will resonate with people across a much broader spectrum. Though it is not the kind of song that wins contests. We will have to see....

All Gabby has to do is come out and sing Independence Day and it will all be over........(I will be rolling my eyes into the back of my head but the crowd will go wild like they have never heard it sung so well.........eyes still rolling......). She is going to win and I am fine with that. I liked the season over all. And lets not expect to much....this is the show that gave us Trent! Wink!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Not a fan of Folsom. Especially when you have no real experience to draw from. The song itself is not good by any means. Johnny Cash was no musician he was an artist who drew art from experience. So its very had to imagine much of Caleb singing this song. The one thing it does do so preach to his base. That it will do and it will gain him "cred" which of course is ridiculous. But I am fine with him.

Maddie is once again making a really great song choice that will resonate with people across a much broader spectrum. Though it is not the kind of song that wins contests. We will have to see....

All Gabby has to do is come out and sing Independence Day and it will all be over........(I will be rolling my eyes into the back of my head but the crowd will go wild like they have never heard it sung so well.........eyes still rolling......). She is going to win and I am fine with that. I liked the season over all. And lets not expect to much....this is the show that gave us Trent! Wink!!

In 1968, Johnny won a Grammy award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Male, for the live version. By the way, just as a side note, when Johnny was performing that song on stage there was an inmate in the audience watching that would go on to some pretty special things himself. A guy named Merle Haggard.
    rcramer and adam1995 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I don’t know how much time the judges actually spend with them (except the mention of Luke working with Gabby pre idol) but I’m hoping the judge picked songs show us a teensy bit more about the contestants. Caleb...no two ways about it...
    I believe Katy said in an interview before last Sunday's show that they spend basically no time with the contestants.So I don't see how they could pick appropriate songs.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I have absolutely no issues with Adam Lambert. The issues are with his fans that are over the top. And frankly I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to get lambasted for just trying to achieve their dream. You guys all want to pick apart Gabby because she doesn't know who she is & she keeps doing Carrie songs or wants to do other Carrie songs. Well the girl is 17. Did you know exactly who you were & want you wanted to be at 17?

And just so you don't think I am playing favorites in this discussion. The only person I have voted for & the one I am rooting for is Maddie, not Gabby. I just don't see the benefit of squashing these kids.

And I have absolutely no problem if Maddie won also.... I have not voted for any of them this year, so for me it is just a nice evening to watch the show...... So any one of the 3 could win and I would be fine........

I do however enjoy Gabby because of her big voice, but more for her R&B soulful side of her, I have not been sold on her Country side yet. Would be interesting to see how that would go if she won and got a contract and see how "her own songs" would be like......

But when people go on about her like you said squashing them and or just being mean is where I have a problem....... Because Carrie got this same treatment..... And I am surprised it is coming from mature people too, because I would look at these contestants like my own child........
    Maggie likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

This show went on and did nothing for a lot of them but one cant just blame the singer. This season they have Disney, lets see what they can do.. But what record label ever really stood behind any of these contestants since Carrie..

Concert Stars
    In 1968, Johnny won a Grammy award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Male, for the live version. By the way, just as a side note, when Johnny was performing that song on stage there was an inmate in the audience watching that would go on to some pretty special things himself. A guy named Merle Haggard.
    Taylor won a grammy for Mean sooooooooo.. I am not knocking Cash by a long shot. I think he was an amazing artist who captured the imagination and emotion of a great many people. But sometimes the song and the man are one and the same. And when it comes out of someone else without the experience or depth to hold it up, it does not hold up.......

I am not going to pick folsom apart. And my intention certainly was not to throw shade at Cash. I just don't think it was a great song choice. Even though for his base it will appear that it was..

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    This show went on and did nothing for a lot of them but one cant just blame the singer. This season they have Disney, lets see what they can do.. But what record label ever really stood behind any of these contestants since Carrie..
    You forgot Adam Lambert? His label and management and Idol promoted him a lot after his season.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    You forgot Adam Lambert? His label and management and Idol promoted him a lot after his season.
    I would agree with you...... And even he was runner up...... I was meaning more in general of all the seasons after Carrie.......

•  
    Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast