Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 501 to 519 of 519
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: American Idol XIV

  1. #501
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    18,954
    Concert Stars
    ^ maybe,its because he's smarmy
    But if any other head had taken over the show like he did this year there would still be moaning somewhere.
    You can bet on it.
    red40 and gran29 like this.

  • #502
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ maybe,its because he's smarmy
    But if any other head had taken over the show like he did this year there would still be moaning somewhere.
    You can bet on it.
    If Galente was the show mentor and he had Carrie on to be a guest mentor along with performing IMO there isn't one word said about the show should be about the contestants and not Galente.

  • #503
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    18,954
    Concert Stars
    ^ I gaurantee you that somewhere people would be b**ching about Galante.
    Obviously it wouldn't be here, but somewhere.
    terilyn likes this.

  • #504
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,484
    Concert Stars
    I am reading into alittle of Scotts words and it sounds like all was not perfect in paradise this season. I have a feeling there was some conflict about the feel and style of the show this season and Scott was having to remind people "why I was brought in"! When he starts talking about how much he is worth and that he will not come back if they just want to have an "end of an era" celebration, that tells me that people were not on the same page this year.

    He is an all or nothing kind of person. I am sure he came in with expectations of domination and when people started to push back, he had to remind them that he is "not cheap" and he is there for a reason.
    I have a feeling he will not be back. Truth is, the last season does not have to make a superstar. The show will be gone. All it has to do is pull ratings. and I guarantee they will get more ratings by pimping the "nostalgic angle" then they will by trying to convince the public that "Scott is going to help us again try to make one last star". That is just not going to fly.
    JB172, jimshoe, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

  • #505
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ I gaurantee you that somewhere people would be b**ching about Galante.
    Obviously it wouldn't be here, but somewhere.
    I should have specifically said this site.

  • #506
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I am reading into alittle of Scotts words and it sounds like all was not perfect in paradise this season. I have a feeling there was some conflict about the feel and style of the show this season and Scott was having to remind people "why I was brought in"! When he starts talking about how much he is worth and that he will not come back if they just want to have an "end of an era" celebration, that tells me that people were not on the same page this year.

    He is an all or nothing kind of person. I am sure he came in with expectations of domination and when people started to push back, he had to remind them that he is "not cheap" and he is there for a reason.
    I have a feeling he will not be back. Truth is, the last season does not have to make a superstar. The show will be gone. All it has to do is pull ratings. and I guarantee they will get more ratings by pimping the "nostalgic angle" then they will by trying to convince the public that "Scott is going to help us again try to make one last star". That is just not going to fly.
    I don't think that they were on the same page either and you are 100% right that they are going to make next season about the past and not about any of the contestants that will be on the show next season, I wouldn't waste my time trying out for next season if I was someone who was interested in trying to make it the music business I would go to The Voice or AGT instead.
    pklongbeach and Claire2004 like this.

  • #507
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,484
    Concert Stars
    fpr sure!
    They will no sooner drop the confetti then they will start tearing down the tents...!! ha ha ha......
    JB172 likes this.

  • #508
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    fpr sure!
    They will no sooner drop the confetti then they will start tearing down the tents...!! ha ha ha......
    They will drop the confetti and have people with giant vaccums to suck it up as it falls.

  • #509
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,484
    Concert Stars
    ha ha ha, that made me laugh!!

  • #510
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,484
    Concert Stars
    side note: I am beyond disappointed that they used their show and all the children watching to sell a woman beating violent thug........ Low life, Idol. Low life...... I don't appreciate you doing that. You tell me you are going to have thugs and creeps on your show so I can decide to watch or not. Don't throw him in the middle so all the kids can see it and say "Oh, I guess you can beat girls half to death and have the world worship you".

    Sickos!
    terilyn likes this.

  • #511
    Obsessed Carrie Fan terilyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    1,175
    Put my dvr on ff through most of the show then when they announced CB I simply deleted the program. I have no idea what they were thinking by having him on. Then I thought about it being a family show and the way it started out back in season one. With Mariah, Nikki, and JLo hanging out all over the place family viewing in "my opinion" ended there. Living on the west coast I already knew who won, thank God for spoilers.

  • #512
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,820
    Nick is so darn handsome. Lol

  • #513
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,820
    This year's season finale got more views than last year's.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #514
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,611
    Concert Stars
    Nick sang the National Anthem on PBS show, Memorial Day Concert. Looked a little nervous, but did a good job. Laura Benanti sang a medley of Patriotic songs. Beautifully, I must say.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

  • #515
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,820
    Does anyone know when Nick's album is getting released??? Usually the past winner's album is out before the next season starts.

  • #516
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    18,954
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Does anyone know when Nick's album is getting released??? Usually the past winner's album is out before the next season starts.
    still no date

    from an interview with him in December

    ""It's nice to see myself being able to be a part of a show this size. I'm hoping once the album comes out, you know, get some feedback off it, hopefully there's a lot more of these to come," he said.

    The debut album he's talking about is "basically done," Nick said.

    "We have the songs written and demo-ed out and now it's just kind of getting the final approval on the top whatever, 13, that they decide to put on the record," Nick said."
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

  • #517
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,198
    Concert Stars
    Been debating, but I think I may try to watch this season. Not sure my DVR can handle another show on Thursday's, so we'll see how that goes, but hopefully I can watch it online if not. I can record 4 shows at once, but I know I already record Grey's, Vampire Diaries, and Big Bang Theory at 8:00 on Thursdays. I can't remember if there is another one or not, but my DVR will do up to 4 at once. I haven't watched Idol in so many years. I haven't watched a full season since probably the year David Cook won. After that, I would just watch when Carrie made an appearance. I didn't watch the first season either oddly enough. I didn't get started until the Reuben/Clay season.

  • #518
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,820
    I think they made a big mistake by waiting so long to release Nick's debut album.

  • #519
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    12,967
    Concert Stars
    There are still a lot of really strong candidates left. The season is shaping up to be pretty good.


  •  
    Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

    Similar Threads

    1. American Idol Tweet Hints of a Carrie Appearance on Idol This year!
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-24-2011, 02:38 AM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
    5. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-11-2011, 05:22 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •