Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree571Likes

Thread: American Idol XIII

Concert Stars
    Harry is so Bad!!

Hilarious Bad!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    MJ's site said that a guy will be singing So Small during tonight's show.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    MJ's site said that a guy will be singing So Small during tonight's show.
    I listened to it and it was good, really different feel coming from a male voice.

I dont know how to upload just his video, but here is the website:
    [Videos] 'American Idol' Atlanta/Detroit Audition Previews: The Return of 'Pants on the Ground'
    Last edited by Inspired; 01-22-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
    I listened to it and it was good, really different feel coming from a male voice.

I dont know how to upload just his video, but here is the website:
    [Videos] 'American Idol' Atlanta/Detroit Audition Previews: The Return of 'Pants on the Ground'
    Season 8's Matt Giraud also did So Small, but that was a top 11 show, not audition level

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawlor View Post
    Season 8's Matt Giraud also did So Small, but that was a top 11 show, not audition level
    Matt had a stellar voice; I thought he was criminally underrated during his season.

I LOVE Harry Connick Jr. on Idol. He's honest, witty, and brings a spark to the panel. JLO is already annoying me this season. LOL.
    Hopefully Harry doesn't fall apart and become a meh judge during the live shows, as Steven Tyler, JLO, Keith and Kara have in the past.

I've only watched one episode so far, but I was already impressed with the range of talent. I might be watching Idol regularly again, if the talent pool is strong enough.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I really like Jena and Maurice, Harry telling Jennifer that she doesn't know what it's like to fly coach was funny.
    rainbow1, oldyfan, jimshoe and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Matt had a stellar voice; I thought he was criminally underrated during his season.

I LOVE Harry Connick Jr. on Idol. He's honest, witty, and brings a spark to the panel. JLO is already annoying me this season. LOL.
    Hopefully Harry doesn't fall apart and become a meh judge during the live shows, as Steven Tyler, JLO, Keith and Kara have in the past.

I've only watched one episode so far, but I was already impressed with the range of talent. I might be watching Idol regularly again, if the talent pool is strong enough.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Harry is really good.

Loved the Bryan Wyatt's (did I get the name right? Lol) rendition of So Small, simple but poignant interpretation.

Agreed with Keith that it was a good song choice for this contestant, suited his voice and style.

I hope Carrie was able to watch this episode. How wonderful it is to see one the songs you've cowritten interpreted beautifully.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's only been three audition shows but boy does the show seem like it has a huge breath of fresh air.
    carrieguy2, stuffy and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm happy they are showcasing talent instead of the ones who want their face on TV and have none. There is some great talent this year. It's the first year in a while I'm actually excited about.
    stuffy, rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    this is the best year in a long time. three very competent judges and much more talented singers,

and Harry is too cool!
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just wish Harry would spend less time poking fun at contestants
    and the show as a whole spend less time on the judges.It's not about the judges Idol - it's about putting through talented ,likable people.But they see that The Voice is all about the judges and they want some of that ratings game.

Contestants so far are not wowing me,although some are pretty good and I look forward to seeing them in Hollywood.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The winner might come off of tonight's show, a lot of talent, love Jess and Bria Anai.

Concert Stars
    I liked this week alot. I like the energy on the panal.
    I do feel like they are sharing the energy of the judges with the contestants in a balanced way.

As much as we want this to be about the contestants, you still need a balance of judges that are enjoyable and reliable. They serve as the window to the process in the early stages.

I am most surprised by how much less they are using Ryan. I guess in the last several years they have needed him to carry the judges, who were not connecting well.

But it seems now there is an intentional shift to focus on the judges and the relationship to the contenstants. And alot less with ryan "working the crowd".

I was able to sit back lastnight for the first time in a long time and just enjoy idol without feeling like I have to yell at the screen about foolish choices and unneccesary games played by the panal.

"I did have one serious issue with one of the female contestants they let though. She clearly had no singing voice but they felt she was "the package" and let her through.
    I don't care what kind of package you have, if you can not sing well, you should not be considered for a singing competition!"

(she was the one they said had an accent and suddenly dropped it when she started begging!!)
    rainbow1 likes this.

It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I actually enjoyed watching the audition episodes.

Harry is awesome to watch. And the whole vibe of the show has been so much more positive.

I hope this continues when the live shows start.

Well done, new producers!
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Hollywood song list - http://www.mjsbigblog.com/cleared2014.pdf
    includes 30 CU songs

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Kenzie Hall & Dexter Roberts were my favorites from last night, Tiquila looks like she would be all kinds of fun to be around.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Hollywood song list - http://www.mjsbigblog.com/cleared2014.pdf
    includes 30 CU songs
    32; You may have missed Remind Me and Some Hearts

Concert Stars
    I am starting to have a sinking feeling about this year again.
    I would like to assume they are saving some really dynamic singers for the next round. But based on the auditions coming to a close, and what we have seen, it is looking a bit weak.
    There have been good singers. But I have not seen a single stand out. A great many stylized artistic singers, yes. But all around great singing?? No.

Maybe they are hiding some. I hope.

I still like the energy of the judges and I appreciate everything that Harry brings.
    But he is also a different kind of musician than the "Manistream Superstar" type performer.
    And as he looks deeper for a more resonant authentic artistic "musician" type singer, I am afraid he could tilt the view of the show this season toward someone who may be a great authentic musician type singer, But not a Superstar who can fill statiums.
    He has to remember what he is there for.
    He is not there to find the next New Orleans Jazz Singer. He is there to find a Super Star.

Just got caught up if you want to rewatch any episodes head over to dailymotion its free and you can watch on mobile in addition to watching on your laptop

•  
    Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast