Page 72 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Very interested to see Kree doing See You Again. Nice that she is finally doing a country song for the first time in several weeks. It is bold since Carrie just sang the song a few weeks ago on Idol but it could get some Carrie fans to vote for Kree. It will be very interesting to see how well she does it.

As for the overpimping of Amber... expect to see it again this week. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see her get the pimp spot with Candice going first.. Then if Candice goes home watch for Amber to go first so they can get their Kree-Angie finale.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Kree is due to have the pimp spot this week, seeing as she hasn't had it since Top 8 week, Angie has had it twice since then, and Candice and Amber one a piece.

Concert Stars
    WEll I came to check on the picks for the week.
    Boy, Amber just can't catch a break from anyone anymore. Thats cool. I'm used to picking the one who makes top 4 and then gets creamed by bascially "everyone". Haley / Hollie / Amber / Elliot .
    I don't pick them to ever win. I tend to pick them because the negative up-swing that they achieve after working just as hard as everyone else and basically achieving everything that the others have achieved only to be pointlessly picked at as if the whole thing is their fault just for the odacity of trying out in the first place and getting so far. Shame on Amber!!

As for choices; I guess I am missing something that Funny Valentine is suddenly a "safe" choice for a standard.
    "ITs a Standard!" just like the ones the others chose. What is unsafe about "Someone to watch over me".
    And personally I think Krees choice of "Stormy Weather" is the stangest choice.

As for current; I don't know most of the 4. I only really know SYA. And I do think it is a great choice. Safe, No! But good for her and good for the song.
    To have a song that is currently running up the charts in the genre you want to be in and nail it will be great for her.
    And the song itself is not difficult. Its not nearly as challenging as TH.

I do think Angie is coming out on top based on song choices lately. Mostly because she can sing young fresh current material and young america buys into it.

Amber is going home basically on public backlash alone, which is terribly unfair to her considering she is not orchestrating this "witch hunt that has occured in the last 2 weeks.

God forbid the judges give her positive feedback and suddenly she is the most hated contestant on the show.
    It would be different if she did not deserve to be there.
    But she is there based on her efforts and actions alone, cause the judges have basically been hard or ignoring her all along till the end.

So send the girl home, but don't make her feel ashamed for being there and trying.
    She has earned going home with head held high jsut as much as anyone.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Boy, Amber just can't catch a break from anyone anymore. Thats cool. I'm used to picking the one who makes top 4 and then gets creamed by bascially "everyone". Haley / Hollie / Amber / Elliot .
    I don't pick them to ever win. I tend to pick them because the negative up-swing that they achieve after working just as hard as everyone else and basically achieving everything that the others have achieved only to be pointlessly picked at as if the whole thing is their fault just for the odacity of trying out in the first place and getting so far. Shame on Amber!!

As for choices; I guess I am missing something that Funny Valentine is suddenly a "safe" choice for a standard.
    "ITs a Standard!" just like the ones the others chose. What is unsafe about "Someone to watch over me".

As for current; I don't know most of the 4. I only really know SYA. And I do think it is a great choice. Safe, No! But good for her and good for the song.
    To have a song that is currently running up the charts in the genre you want to be in and nail it will be great for her.

I do think Angie is coming out on top based on song choices lately. Mostly because she can sing young fresh current material and young america buys into it.

Amber is going home basically on public backlash alone, which is terribly unfair to her considering she is not orchestrating this "witch hunt that has occured in the last 2 weeks.

God forbid the judges give her positive feedback and suddenly she is the most hated contestant on the show.
    But she is there based on her efforts and actions alone, cause the judges have basically been hard or ignoring her all along till the end.

So send the girl home, but don't make her feel ashamed for being there and trying.
    I could be totally wrong, but didn't Amber already sing My Funny Valentine & if that is so, then it is indeed a safe choice.

And secondly, it seems to me that public opinion is always what sends someone home.
    supercarriefan and OkieChick like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

I think you are trying to rewrite this season to suit your personal crusade to pimp Amber (wink). The judges have not been hard on her or ignoring her. In top 10 week, the judges raved about her performed and Nicki called it the performance of the night. In top 9, the only judge to really not like Amber's song was Nicki, but the judges were not all that hard on her. Top 8 she received a standing ovation from all four judges, and great comments. At top 7, yet again she got stellar comments from the judges. During top 6, the only remotely negative comment she got was from Mariah that "Love On Top" wasn't her favorite vocal from Amber. For top 5, Nicki and Randy rightfully called Amber out on a not-so perfect version of "Without You", but weren't nearly as hard on her as they have been on a few other contestants after an off performance. However, they more than made up for the negative comments after her second song that week. Mariah even told people to vote for Amber. Last week, she got rave reviews for "Power of Love", Nicki called out only Kree for not making "Rumor Has It" work as a duet, and they raved again about "MacArthur Park".

Amber has had obvious pitch issues during certain performances and lacks a certain something on the performance side of things, yet none of these things have been discussed by the judges. Sorry, Patrick, but I don't see why you are acting like Amber is a wounded little puppy. Her song choices throughout the competition have been mostly very safe choices. Yes, Angie's choice of standard this week is safe as well, but Angie has made other choices throughout the season that weren't so safe.
    OkieChick likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I could be totally wrong, but didn't Amber already sing My Funny Valentine & if that is so, then it is indeed a safe choice.

And secondly, it seems to me that public opinion is always what sends someone home.
    Yes, she did already sing it.

Concert Stars
    Amber's choice is definitely safe, consdering she has performed it before. Here she is performing My Funny Valentine:

Amber Holcomb Performs: Sudden Death Round - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12 - YouTube

Concert Stars
    Ok. So I did not notice that she had sung it before. Yes, that may make is safe in the sense that it is possible that she doesn't know any other standards so it was an obvious choice.
    I went back and watched that clip and it was "not good", but by Idol standards and not by top 4 standards.

I will admit that Amber has been getting positive feedback throughout but only within the context of all the 6 girls getting basically glowing over the top critiques.

So it does stand out a bit more now. As some of the girls are finally being called out "to be more brave and think outside the box" and Amber contineus to get the glowing reports, I can see where some might not be happy with that.
    But I just don't feel that it should be directly effecting peoples attitudes twards amber.

Sooner or later someone was going to have to be honest with Kree about her safe song choices.
    Sooner o later someone was going to have to be honest with candice that America is not conecting with her song choices.
    Sooner of later someone was going to have to be honest with Janelle that her performances were vocally weak.

So I am just not sure what that has to do with Amber. I think Amber has been a bit of a lost sheep for a while. And she finally started to come into her own. I think that is all the judges were responding to. Things were finally starting to click.
    Too late, yes, but it was a nice shift in engergy considering how predictible things were becoming.

Again, I think it is time for Amber to go. I not only admit and accept it. I would probably choose it if I were a judge.
    I just don't like the sudden shade she is getting just caus the judges are starting to get strict.

Now I will say this: I have accused Nikki several times this season of being harsh and rude for no reason. She seems to set the contestants up and then turns on them.
    She did that this week to Kree and it was not cool. It was harsh and bordering on rude.
    Though it may have actually been true!! It is not fair to just sideswipe someone like that in front of God and everyone for doing what you have always praised her for in the past.

I don't think they were hard on Candice at all actually. I think they see the public startng to lose interest and they are letting her know that.

Anyway with Amber I just feel like she is one of those who gets lost in the system cause she is not as well prepared as "an artist" as others are. So she comes in alittle clumsy and makes bad choices. I imagine she was getting alot of advice that was not making alot of sense to her, and she was been bascially "surviving" for some time now. And I just feel for her thats all.
    She is way out of her element at this point. And yes, having already sung Valentine makes it just a "bad" choice. safe or not.
    So I guess I should hope for a mercy outing at this point. And let the other girls fight it out.

Again, I just feel like alot is "happening to her" not necessarily that she is making bad choices.

I hope Kree has a breakthrough this week.

Otherwise I see Angies momentum really growing as Amber leaves.

Concert Stars
    Ugghhhh......heaven forbid that Angie's momentum grow any more than it already has. She actually has the weakest of the remaining four voices and in actuality she is a pageant singer and no more. I majored in music. She is all show. Watch the pageantry behind all of her performances.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Ugghhhh......heaven forbid that Angie's momentum grow any more than it already has. She actually has the weakest of the remaining four voices and in actuality she is a pageant singer and no more. I majored in music. She is all show. Watch the pageantry behind all of her performances.
    She is really young and is still growing. I think she will do well! She has that Miley Cryus vibe and she can sing!

Concert Stars
    Right now, I'm just trying to accept that Angie Miller may very well be this year's American Idol. I'm sure the producers and the label would love that outcome. Angie is young, current, and marketable. Due to her age and inexperience with the industry, she will also be more likely to go along with whatever the label tells her to do artistically without much push back. Angie really is the safest choice for a winner at this point.
    It's a shame though because all three of the other ladies can outsing her. Also, I think Kree and Candice are far more interesting artistically than Angie.

Now, I'm at the point where I just want to get the season over with, so we can see who gets a record deal with Universal, who gets scooped up elsewhere, and who ultimately gets left out in the cold. I personally think Universal would be stupid to let the top 5 ladies go. There is a market for all of them. Perhaps not of all of them will sell millions, but they do each cater to a somewhat different music-buying audience. There is money to be made. If I were Universal, I would scoop up all five, and put Amber and Janelle in a development deal where they can take time to find music that really works for them. I would market Kree to the alt-country world, and market Candice as an R&B/Soul singer in the vein of John Legend.

I can't wait to see how the summer tour plays out when the other nine hit the road with Lazaro haha.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yes, heaven forbid the most marketable and most likely to attain success win the competition!

Concert Stars
    pklongbeach, I don't want to quote your entire post, so I'll just add. You said this:

Sooner or later someone was going to have to be honest with Kree about her safe song choices.
    Sooner o later someone was going to have to be honest with candice that America is not conecting with her song choices.
    Sooner of later someone was going to have to be honest with Janelle that her performances were vocally weak.

And I'll agree that what you have said is all to true. But Sooner or later someone should have called Amber on her constant off pitch performance & no one ever did. Instead they gave her standing ovations, one after the other. I don't think I have ever seen that happen before.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Yes, heaven forbid the most marketable and most likely to attain success win the competition!
    Marketability is one thing. Having a fined tuned instrument is another, entirely. (^^^)
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Her voice is fine technically. I don't know why you keep throwing the word "pageantry" around as if pageant singers aren't skilled, too.

Concert Stars
    I get why Angie should win, and why Angie will likely be the best winner in many ways. However, I just wish that people like Candice could win Idol. I find Angie very robotic and pageant-like whereas I find Kree and Candice more genuine and relatable.
    I wish the best voice could win this singing competition haha.
    Smokyiiis and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I get why Angie should win, and why Angie will likely be the best winner in many ways. However, I just wish that people like Candice could win Idol. I find Angie very robotic and pageant-like whereas I find Kree and Candice more genuine and relatable.
    I wish the best voice could win this singing competition haha.
    Yeah, I get why Angie isn't likable from a personality standpoint. Hate to bring her up in yet another thread, but her personality is exactly like Taylor Swift's. AND she looks exactly like Miley Cyrus. It's all really freaky.

In a perfect world, the best voice would win, but I don't think that's ever happened in the history of AI lol.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    (shhhhhhhhh, you are not to talk about her tiny tiny pitch issues, hee hee hee).

Yes, McArthur Park is almost unlistenable. Did anyone notice she misquoted the title in the song.
    She sang "McArthur"s" Park...

I just felt like there was potencial on some gut level. But you are absolutely right. IF they are going to get "that harsh" with Kree (that was pretty brutal of Nikki) than you can not ignore the only contestant who has a hard time staying on pitch.

I have never addressed Ambers pitch issues cause sometimes you can get pulled off pitch and it is not cause yo are not a good singer. If you go back to Carrie, she was not pitch perfect like Candice is. Not by a long shot.
    So I do forgive some of that if I think they are have alot more to offer.
    But after listening to that My Funny Valentine clip above, you can not have a top 3 Idol who literally hits wrong notes.

No.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I get why Angie isn't likable from a personality standpoint. Hate to bring her up in yet another thread, but her personality is exactly like Taylor Swift's. AND she looks exactly like Miley Cyrus. It's all really freaky.

In a perfect world, the best voice would win, but I don't think that's ever happened in the history of AI lol.
    Thems are fighting words..........

In Carries season, the best voice almost lost to a "flavor of the month".

Luckily, she sang like her life depended on it, And the best voice won!!
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    Her voice is fine technically. I don't know why you keep throwing the word "pageantry" around as if pageant singers aren't skilled, too.
    Actually no. That's not true. Her voice is not fine technically. I don't mean to create a problem but when someone is easily carried "off tune" without the use of vocal enhancement mechanisms, they are not fine technically. She'd be a mess without accompaniment.

•