Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

  1. #1401
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    If Kree is losing confidence, it's because the judges keep kicking her ass so they can pimp Amber again.
    I don't know what is more absurd the way over the top pimping that Amber gets or the laughable that she is current nonsense.
    supercarriefan and Zman312 like this.

  • #1402
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Yeah, charisma and confidence has to be developed.

    I feel like there have been a lot of past Idol contestants who have that had natural charisma/skill, though, but these girls lack that for me.

    It's always hard to tell who really has what it takes in such a short time, though. There have been so many contestants who've been pegged as people who will become huge stars, but don't in the end.

    At this point, I feel like it's THE time to have a "moment" if it is going to happen, but it's all about seeing who can withstand the pressure and if anybody is good enough to deliver something amazing at this point.

    I just watched Angie's Hollywood week performance and a performance of "Listen," and I'll have to take back what I said about her voice, though. Dang, she can sing. From her first Hollywood audition, she seemed to have that fire in her.

    I can see your point about song choices; sometimes it is nice to hear songs that haven't been sung over and over on Idol. Comparisons can get kind of old, but I don't always view them as a negative thing. If you perform a popular song by a well-known artist, chances are you're either gonna be criticized for copying it, or praised for stepping out of the box and doing something unique with it. There have been a lot of unique arrangements done by Idol performers over the years, and it seems like a lot of artists are willing to change it up and take a risk because they know the stakes are higher if comparisons are bound to be made.

    I feel like I've been complaining about the judges for years now, but these contestants are going to go nowhere if they are not given solid constructive criticism. The real world of the music industry is brutal, and I think the judges could really step in and help instead of trying to play nice all the time. A little criticism never hurt anyone; most of the time it's a bigger motivator, too.
    I agree that criticism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is a difference between constructive criticism (which is helpful) and what the judges have been doing to some of the ladies this season. Keith's assessment of Janelle during her final week was unnecessarily harsh. I also think with Kree the judges are being unfair in calling her out for things that she has been doing all the way through the competition. They also aren't really telling her ways to improve. The same happened with Candice last week. I feel like in the this case that this kind of criticism is just tearing the contestants apart instead of motivating them to do better next time. Hopefully they prove me wrong on Wednesday, and bring it full force without any defeated attitudes.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

  • #1403
    Junior Carrie Follower INLOVEWITHCARRIESLEGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    215
    Will Carrie be at the finale?

  • #1404
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by INLOVEWITHCARRIESLEGS View Post
    Will Carrie be at the finale?
    Will Carrie's *legs* be at the finale? I feel like that question goes better with your username hahaha

  • #1405
    Insane Carrie Fan twaintrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    4,448
    Concert Stars
    It's funny to me that so many people have stopped watching this year because I think it's the best season since David Cook won. I think it's because I like Keith and Mariah more than Steven and JLo, and there is so much talent. To me the last few seasons have just been about vote for the cute guy regardless of talent. This year I see 3 possible superstars.

    I think Candice will be big in R&B, Kree in country, and Angie in pop or alt/rock - whatever she decides to do, maybe a la Kelly Clarkson. But I'm ready for a Kree record. Crossing my fingers she gets some great songs.

  • #1406
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    It's funny to me that so many people have stopped watching this year because I think it's the best season since David Cook won. I think it's because I like Keith and Mariah more than Steven and JLo, and there is so much talent. To me the last few seasons have just been about vote for the cute guy regardless of talent. This year I see 3 possible superstars.

    I think Candice will be big in R&B, Kree in country, and Angie in pop or alt/rock - whatever she decides to do, maybe a la Kelly Clarkson. But I'm ready for a Kree record. Crossing my fingers she gets some great songs.
    Candice has a great voice but I don't see her having the flair to have much success in any genre especially R&B, I think that the best bet for any success off of this season is between Angie & Kree and at this point I would lean more towards Angie even though Kree is the better singer, I don't get all the attention that Amber gets at all and seeing that you left her off your list you might feel the same way. lol

  • #1407
    Insane Carrie Fan twaintrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    4,448
    Concert Stars
    I think Amber has a great voice but there have been a lot of people on AI with great voices not go anywhere. I think the other girls have better, incredible voices and something that makes them unique.

    To me Angie and Kree are obvious.They are unique and Angie has the looks and stage presence of a star and there is a quiet confidence and soul in Kree. Candice may not look like a superstar but that voice is just too good to be overlooked. IMO.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

  • #1408
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I think Amber has a great voice but there have been a lot of people on AI with great voices not go anywhere. I think the other girls have better, incredible voices and something that makes them unique.

    To me Angie and Kree are obvious.They are unique and Angie has the looks and stage presence of a star and there is a quiet confidence and soul in Kree. Candice may not look like a superstar but that voice is just too good to be overlooked. IMO.
    Amber is just this season's Tamyra Gray, Vonzell, Syehsa, etc...
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #1409
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars

  • #1410
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    It will be interesting to see if the judges continue to overpraise Amber or if they try to bus her to get pity votes to make sure she gets through to the Top 3.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #1411
    Insane Carrie Fan wonton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,526
    Concert Stars
    Was just going to post this cause Kree is singing See You Again. It's cool that she chose Carrie for her current choice. I really like her voice and look forward to seeing what she does with the song.
    I'm sure it will divide people here though... haha

  • #1412
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,604
    ^^I'm actually surprised that they gave Kree permission to sing it so I would expect that Carrie is on board with Kree singing this. However I don't know why Kree would want to sing SYA, she has more to lose than gain by this song choice.

  • #1413
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,442
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^I'm actually surprised that they gave Kree permission to sing it so I would expect that Carrie is on board with Kree singing this. However I don't know why Kree would want to sing SYA, she has more to lose than gain by this song choice.
    It fits her story though. It's possible she chose this song because of personal reason.
    I hope she does something different with the arrangement because I don't think the song fits her voice that well.

    Amber playing it oh so safe again with her "Then" choice. I think the overpimping in the past many weeks has really turned me off from her.

    The one with the best momentum right now is definitely Angie.
    gocountrymusic likes this.

  • #1414
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,044

    For a moment there, I thought one of the girls will sing " My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me" by Kathleen Battle...ha...ha..ha..


  • #1415
    Insane Carrie Fan chevrolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,438
    Kree really needs a WOW! performance. SYA ain't it.

  • #1416
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,939
    Can't wait to hear how current Amber is regardless how she sings either song although I'm interested to hear what she does with the duet. She is definitely grown a lot in this competition but I think the other 3 are above her. I really like Angie's then choice, I just don't like the song Diamonds but she seemed to really hit her mark last week so I have a feeling she'll keep the momentum going. I think at this point she is the only definite top 3. Candice once again seems to pick interesting song choices that keep me invested and I'm sure she'll give another knockout performance. I really want Kree to do well this week. I thought she showed more personality than the judges gave her credit for last week so I hope they didn't shake her confidence. I really like her then choice and while I know she'll sing you again well, I hope she is really to able to connect to the song, the judges and the audience who aren't sold on her yet.

  • #1417
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,082
    Concert Stars
    I am ok with Kree singing Carrie's SYA. Hey, we need a boost and this will be good for Carrie. I don't know how well Kree can sing but hope she can do the song justice. It's a hard song to sing but hopefully she doesn't get eliminated singing Carrie.

    *It's funny how Kree seem liek she really didn't enjoy Carrie's performance when she sand SYA but it singing SYA. Looks can be decieving!! VOTE FOR KREE PEOPLE!!!!

  • #1418
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,082
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I don't know what is more absurd the way over the top pimping that Amber gets or the laughable that she is current nonsense.
    Agreed, I watch her youtube performance based on everyone's comments and I was appauled by the judges comments. Except for being a pretty girl with great legs, she is not current (I don't think her face is that attractive, she looks older than her age).

    I think Angie will win because she had a strong youtube following before she started Idol. I think it will be between Kree and Angie or Angie and Candice. (If the judges over pimp Amber again, they Candince will be saved but if the don't then BYE, BYE Candince.)
    *Candice does have a great voice but Shallow voters won't vote for Candice.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #1419
    Insane Carrie Fan twaintrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    4,448
    Concert Stars
    The current song choices are very interesting. I'm ready to hear Kree take on Carrie.

  • #1420
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    All of the ladies chose great songs for their Then picks. Amber is playing it super safe again, but she should still do well with her choice. I'm interested to see how Angie does with her choice because I think she has a great tone for that song as long as she doesn't oversing it. Kree's choice has a bluesy feel that should suit her style well. Nicki will probably say Candice's choice put her to sleep lol, but IMO the song gives Candice room to play with her voice a bit.

    The Now choices are interesting. I don't think a single one of them picked a song I would have personally picked for them. Amber will undoubtedly oversing her choice instead of giving it the grit that Pink and Nate do. She has her work cut out for her because the original artists are powerhouse vocalists that sing with intense emotion. I'm expecting more awkward movement from Amber during the chorus haha. Angie's choice is something I never would have expected. If she stays at the piano, she'll be fine. I'm intrigued by Candice's choice. She is going to have to make a lyric change I would think lol. It is a great song though. Now to Kree lol. I personally think SYA is a wonderful choice for her because she should be able to connect emotionally with it, but it is also a current song that the public and the judging panel are familiar with. I think Kree has been suffering in the past few weeks by doing songs that people don't know quite as well. This should also silence the people that complain about her not singing country songs enough. Here you go, she's singing a contemporary country song (wink).


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •