Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She mentioned Taylor Swift the first day about Super Bass, and said Taylor made it hot....which is a joke. Then, she mentioned Taylor the second day when the girl was exiting the room.

I think there was another time but I can't recall. Seems that she will be mentioning her all season. lol
    IMO, twice over four hours isn't all the time.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I Loved Watching Amercian Idol Last Week And I Can't Wait To Watch It Again Tonight And Tomarrow Night!!! I Do Have A Few Favorites Already This Year!!!

Concert Stars
    Girl sings Cowboy Casanova tonight!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawlor View Post
    Girl sings Cowboy Casanova tonight!
    I feel like everyone that has sang Carrie this season so far has gotten through..I love it!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Keith telling the one guy who sung the Paisley song that he looked like Brad was funny.

Carrie Guru
    I really enjoyed the show tonight. They got the big fight out of the way and they had the judges share the spotlight. Most importantly, they focused more on the contestants. I have to say that I loved how they used what that girl said to the judges to to move on from the blowup.

And OMG at the girl who sang CC. I had originally fast forwarded until I realized she got through so imagine my surprise rewound and realized that she sang CC really well.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I really enjoyed the show tonight. They got the big fight out of the way and they had the judges share the spotlight. Most importantly, they focused more on the contestants. I have to say that I loved how they used what that girl said to the judges to to move on from the blowup.

And OMG at the girl who sang CC. I had originally fast forwarded until I realized she got through so imagine my surprise rewound and realized that she sang CC really well.
    I like the girl who sang CC, she looks like she would be a lot of fun to be around.

I'm one of those fans who are really starting to get turned off from Idol by Nicki.

Concert Stars
    Well, I survived "blowup" night.
    They cheated it the way they presented it. But whatever. They have to do everything they can to make that celebrity appear to be likeable. So I guess they have a tough job to do.

HEr willingness to let everyone know how miserable she is when everything is not about her is incredibly disresepctful to me.
    But whatever, everyone thinks is kind of funny and cute, "Oh look at Nikki pouting". I guess I just don't think it is cute to watch a grown woman pout for attention. And then act out and get mean about it!

Some strong women this year. Very few really good guys. We shall see.

I do think Keith had a right to voice his opinion about "the country thing", and I think the judges just made too much of it.
    But I think behind the scenes she catagorized herself as "country" and then comes out and kind of dogs it. So it just hit Keith the wrong way. (btw, Keith? Country music is not Brain Surgery!!! I'm just sayin')

I am wiht Huiz, I am really getting pulled away becaus of Nikki, but I am watching cause my housemate really likes that kind of celebrity trash talk. He loves the arguing and fussing "Jersey Shore Style". I really hate it.
    I always put myself in the contestants position and I just think it is so low class. I mean these jusges are supposed to be professionals. And the only one who comes across that way is Keith. Even Mariah is playing way too into Nikkis crap.
    I know now, it will not stop. It will be this way the whole season. Oh well. I hope there is a singer that I like enough to not be too bothered by it.
    God I miss Paula! Now how sad is that?!

Concert Stars
    Nikki went way too far attacking everyone about the country thing. she could have voiced her opinion in a more polite manner. I like some of her comments and sometimes she is a breath of fresh air-- honestly. But that was just ridiculous last night.

I am definitely Team Mariah in this feud, darling. lol

Poor Keith. He is really in the Hot seat. lol

PS--- I LOVED the girl who did CC last night. I totally expected a train wreck but she put a smooth R&B spin on it and it was so cool.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't think that the young lady meant for her comments to come off the way that they did which just caused things to snowball from there which led to Nikki not understanding the points the other three were trying to make.

I don't mind Nikki, she talks to much at times but I live in a house full of females so I am use to it.
    Last edited by JB172; 01-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I don't think that the young lady meant for her comments to come off the way that they did which just caused things to snowball from there which led to Nikki not understanding the points the other three were trying to make.

I don't mind Nikki, she talks to much at times but I live in a house full of female so I am use to it.
    Yeah I think Keith over-reacted but I suspect it came from experiences he's had in the past and this poor girl touched a nerve.

Aww, poor Jim. And you'd still want to hang around "Blondie"? lol.

Concert Stars
    Funny...just googled one of the names mentioned on AI, and the FIRST thing google came up with was a rumour that the contestant could be top 12. Thanks Google TMI!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post

I don't mind Nikki, she talks to much at times but I live in a house full of female so I am use to it.

I kind of like Nikki too-- to be fair. Some of her songs are really catchy, and she is very freaky and interesting so I like that about her. lol

At times-- I love her comments. I really do. She sort of says whatever comes to her head at the moment and does not filter- and that is funny at times. lol But it is honest so that is cool.

But sometimes- she can be a bit over the top and annoying. So it is going to be an interesting season. lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Yeah I think Keith over-reacted but I suspect it came from experiences he's had in the past and this poor girl touched a nerve.

To be honest, I kind of had the same reaction when I heard her say she did the "country thing". Guess it came from people who would make uneducated comments about country when they have NO idea what it's about. Just what is a country thing? It just came off flippantly though I'm pretty sure the girl didn't mean anything by it; it was just unfortunate phrasing.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    To be honest, I kind of had the same reaction when I heard her say she did the "country thing". Guess it came from people who would make uneducated comments about country when they have NO idea what it's about. Just what is a country thing? It just came off flippantly though I'm pretty sure the girl didn't mean anything by it; it was just unfortunate phrasing.
    Yeah, it did come off pretty badly. Especially when she tried to explain herself and continued to use poor word selection (when she said something along the lines of, "I'm better at more soulful things" -- clearly she meant the genre soul, but it came off as something else).

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Yeah, it did come off pretty badly. Especially when she tried to explain herself and continued to use poor word selection (when she said something along the lines of, "I'm better at more soulful things" -- clearly she meant the genre soul, but it came off as something else).
    I was cringing when she said that. I could almost feel Keith saying in his mind, "soulful thing? so what is country-un-soulful or something? WT... " all while trying to smile as Mariah/Randy says she's good at the "country thing".

LOL at Nicki's face. You can see Keith (fake) chuckle to hide his annoyance; I know because I do that too. :0

Also, I can see why Nicki got upset because you see Mariah/Randy laughing her off like she was a kid that didn't know anything while she was trying to explain her perspective.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

I loved that girl, she looks like she is someone who has fun all the time.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Keith is very quick witted.

If my count is right they have shown 15 of the Top 40 so far.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I was cringing when she said that. I could almost feel Keith saying in his mind, "soulful thing? so what is country-un-soulful or something? WT... " all while trying to smile as Mariah/Randy says she's good at the "country thing".

LOL at Nicki's face. You can see Keith (fake) chuckle to hide his annoyance; I know because I do that too. :0

Also, I can see why Nicki got upset because you see Mariah/Randy laughing her off like she was a kid that didn't know anything while she was trying to explain her perspective.
    She has a decent voice but "soulful country?" LOL, Girl, no.

It seemed kinda odd to me that the judges questioned her about country music, when she kinda blew it off ("I TRIED the "country thing?"). I'm sorry, but I don't buy it; you either like it or you don't.

I loved Keith's comment: "It's like saying I did the brain surgeon thing; you're either a brain surgeon or you're not."

You tell 'em, Keith!

•  
    Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast