Page 65 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ironically, uptempo songs should be easier to sing and yet most Idols struggle with uptempo material. They seem to have a hard time delivering a believable uptempo song.
    Its odd.

So it does end up making the whole show ballad-heavy.

I don't know why with Idol, year after year they have to do things like "Motown" "Beatles" "Queen" and then wonder why contestants struggle with image issues.

I suppose someone like Amber would be better off on someting like The Voice where there is a much stronger focus on current popular music.
    I love this uptempo song sung by Carrie Underwood..ha..ha...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ironically, uptempo songs should be easier to sing and yet most Idols struggle with uptempo material. They seem to have a hard time delivering a believable uptempo song.
    Its odd.

So it does end up making the whole show ballad-heavy.

I don't know why with Idol, year after year they have to do things like "Motown" "Beatles" "Queen" and then wonder why contestants struggle with image issues.

I suppose someone like Amber would be better off on someting like The Voice where there is a much stronger focus on current popular music.
    uptempos might be easier to sing but they're harder to perform.
    With a ballad you get to just stand there at the mic,move your arms around a tad and sing.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    OMG, I forgot how bad her cold was that night.
    I guess I just didn't know her voice well enough at that time.

Amazing.

(forgot the words though!! he he he)

Carrie Guru
    OMG, I forgot how bad her cold was that night.
    I guess I just didn't know her voice well enough at that time.

Amazing.

(forgot the words though!! he he he)
    It's not a cold, it's her allergy..ha..ha...

Looking back, it remids me of how good Carrie was during season 4 American Idol (No guitar, no piano..ha..ha..).

Concert Stars
    Right?
    And no gripeing about allergies. She just went out and did it, and let the pieces fall where they may.

And of course she nailed it, and no one even knew she had a problem.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ one of the endearing things about Carrie.She never had/has an excuse.
    She just goes out and does what she does to the best of her ability.

Reminds me of back in the fall when she was so sick and didn't think she performed up to proper standards so she gave the proceeds from the concert back to the community. Most people there that night hadn't clue she was even sick. She's that good.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    The Power of Love is actually Jennifer Rush's song,not Celine Dion's.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars
    Ok tonight is confusing me. First, I was impressed with Angie for the first time ever, as she sounded good tonight and looked exactly like Miley Cyrus. haha I still don't like her, but I will give her props. She did well tonight.

But the judges were WAY too hard on Kree tonight. Wow-- they are clearly bussing Kree all of a sudden, and all about Amber/Angie. They were a bit hard on Candice too.

Are they trying for an Angie and Amber finale because those two are skinny, pretty and more marketable? If so-- they all SUCK as Candice and Kree are the superior singers by far, and they are both pretty too...just not skinny sticks. I don't like how the judges are treating them tonight.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ok, I had to jump on just to say that Amber getting a standing ovation for that first class trainwreck that "MacArthur Park" was is the biggest BS that I have ever seen on the show, totally PATHETIC.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wonder how the current judges would have reacted to Carrie had she auditioned this season...

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Ok, I had to jump on just to say that Amber getting a standing ovation for that first class trainwreck that "MacArthur Park" was is the biggest BS that I have ever seen on the show, totally PATHETIC.
    So, this article might be right ? ha..ha...ha

?American Idol? Finale ? Producers Want Candice Glover & Amber Holcomb As Final Two - Hollywood Life

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So, the judges are making it quite clear they want Amber and Angie to stick around. As I predicted earlier, they are overpraising Amber as usual. I laughed when Nicki called her "current" after singing Power of Love. Seriously what is Nicki smoking lol? Amber is so obviously Nicki's favorite, and she is starting to insult the other ladies just to build up Amber. I'm sorry, but Kree owned Amber on that duet. Kree was giving it the same cool confidence that Adele does.
    I think Kree would be better off going home before the finale because her talent is clearly not being appreciated on Idol anymore.
    What is with the bussing of Candice tonight? She went from being their golden girl to being dirt under their feet.

I think the "judges" (or producers) have decided that they would rather have the more moldable and marketable Angie and Amber in the finale as opposed to Kree and Candice. Kree and Candice know exactly who they are, and would likely be more apt to put up a fight to record the kind of album they wanted. Amber in particular won't likely put up much of a fight. She is still too naive.

Kree is killing it on "Whiter Shade of Pale".

Concert Stars
    To me it seems they want Amber and Angie in the Finale. They over-pimped Angie all season, and bussed both Kree and Candice tonight, while over-praising Amber and Angie. Unreal.

I am so pissed.

That MacCarthur Park Song was corney, boring, and atrocious.. Not even Carrie could save it when she did that song-- though she did well. I remember Carrie admitting the cake in the rain part confused her. haha Me too.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I think they are pimping Angie and Amber. Kree and Candice got the cold shoulder tonight, to me.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok tonight is confusing me. First, I was impressed with Angie for the first time ever, as she sounded good tonight and looked exactly like Miley Cyrus. haha I still don't like her, but I will give her props. She did well tonight.

But the judges were WAY too hard on Kree tonight. Wow-- they are clearly bussing Kree all of a sudden, and all about Amber/Angie. They were a bit hard on Candice too.

Are they trying for an Angie and Amber finale because those two are skinny, pretty and more marketable? If so-- they all SUCK as Candice and Kree are the superior singers by far, and they are both pretty too...just not skinny sticks. I don't like how the judges are treating them tonight.
    Wow I so agree with that looked like Miley Cyrus to me. But I still think Angie's all DRAMA. Without all the props, could she really stand out? Me, I don't think so. Her voice is actually the weakest of the four though she CAN shine at times.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    surprise twist...surprise!!

I'm betting Kree is on the bottom.She just doesn't give any dynamic/memorable performances at all.
    Angela...whoa was a scream machine tonight on both songs. A little softness once in a while would be good.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Ok, Ryan announced a surprise twist tomorrow. They will probably combine 2 weeks of voting to determine top 3.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I sorta imagine that we'll go without losing anyone for a week.

Concert Stars
    Yes they need to stretch it out for May sweeps-- so no one is going home tomorrow. lol

But I still don't like how they pimped out Angie and Amber tonight. Ugh.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Yeah, I sorta imagine that we'll go without losing anyone for a week.
    So, it will be double elimination next week ?..ha..ha.. or they just want to extend our agony for one more week ?..ha..ha..

•